GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars ....

+2
RMDrive
Jayo Cluxton
6 posters

Go down

Cars .... Empty Cars ....

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Just picked up my new Toyota Prius! Chat later ........ can't stop! Razz

Seriously though after a rough couple of years it seems the scrappage scheme is helping 2010 car sales. Maybe its just me but I notice a huge amount of new regs are Skodas. They seem to have a huge market share now and the new Octavia and Superb seem to be the biggest sellers this year - to my eye at least. That is some turn around by a manufacturer that was the butt of car jokes a few short years ago.

Anyone here change car this year? I still have Rebecca the Renault (christened by the kids). She is 8 now and not a bad mover and gives less grief than your average female and is less expensive to run. Razz I might as well run her into the ground now - missed a few ditches with her already. I'd really fancy a Cash Cow next ... sorry Qashqai. I reckon they are the business and where else would you get anything with two Qs in the name and only seven letters in all.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Cars .... Empty Re: Cars ....

Post  RMDrive Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:59 am

Good few 2010 cars around all right (or "oh tens" as I insist on calling them!). Skoda make some fine cars. They are definitely not for the badge monkeys but if you want the power and comfort of an A4 or Passat, with a better build quality, then Skoda is the way to go.
Ok ok I have one! I've had a superb for the last 1.5 years and I'm very happy with it. Economic (~60mpg), powerful (130bhp version) and massive (it's based on a LWB version of the passat that only came out in Asia).

Not so sure about the new supber though. The engineering feat that is the combo hatch/saloon is brilliant however the styling of the rear leaves a lot to be desired.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:52 am

Skoda are not to be sniffed at - a girl I work with has one VS model or something like that does 60mpg and has 170bhp, cheap to insure and tax and it looks the part.

I drive a Peugeot 407 myself but she's on the market to the first reasonable offer - thinking of buying a Golf instead.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Just picked up my new Toyota Prius! Chat later ........ can't stop! Cars .... Icon_razz

Seriously though after a rough couple of years it seems the scrappage scheme is helping 2010 car sales. Maybe its just me but I notice a huge amount of new regs are Skodas. They seem to have a huge market share now and the new Octavia and Superb seem to be the biggest sellers this year - to my eye at least. That is some turn around by a manufacturer that was the butt of car jokes a few short years ago.

Anyone here change car this year? I still have Rebecca the Renault (christened by the kids). She is 8 now and not a bad mover and gives less grief than your average female and is less expensive to run. Cars .... Icon_razz I might as well run her into the ground now - missed a few ditches with her already. I'd really fancy a Cash Cow next ... sorry Qashqai. I reckon they are the business and where else would you get anything with two Qs in the name and only seven letters in all.

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:41 pm

currently drivin VW bora does 55 ish to the gallon 1.9tdi - although would love to change to either a blue motion golf or a ecokinetic focus. still owe 18 months on the vw which has run well but seen a few "minor" scrapes in the last 4 years. which are starting to put me off it. holds the value well still worth £3000 ish at nearly 6 yrs old. any one interested?
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:31 pm

I like mater, he is cool. Its like taw-mator, with out the taw queen
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Cars .... Empty FAO Rua....Luxury Merc....

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Ruanua wrote:Hyundias also do well on scrappage schemes.
I get a car through work changed middle of 08 so not due a change until next year.
Have a C200 for the missus but its too small for 3 car seats looking to get an E220 The new model is about €20k cheaper than the old one was 2 years ago.

Looking at a new one or 2nd hand???? Know where there's a 2006 C320 with 47k on the clock, automatic diesel in terrific nick...By terrific nick I mean showroom...... Cars .... Icon_santa
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
I get a car through work changed middle of 08 so not due a change until next year.
Have a C200 for the missus but its too small for 3 car seats looking to get an E220 The new model is about €20k cheaper than the old one was 2 years ago.

Looking at a new one or 2nd hand???? Know where there's a 2006 C320 with 47k on the clock, automatic diesel in terrific nick...By terrific nick I mean showroom...... Cars .... Icon_santa

given Boxtys track record in enterprise (selling dumped wooden floors for €300) i'd stay away from this car Rua - you could be helping the Gardai with their enquiries otherwise
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

New boxty - I have a 2008 C class (2006 is the previous model) - looking for something with a bit more room.There is a new E model since late last year - so I'd either get a demo or a new one. Anyway I'd say a 320 would be sore on tax

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:06 pm

I Cars .... Herz MY BIKE.

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:33 pm

bocerty wrote:
given Boxtys track record in enterprise (selling dumped wooden floors for €300) i'd stay away from this car Rua - you could be helping the Gardai with their enquiries otherwise

Cars .... Lol
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:33 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Cars .... Lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down