GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how good was the ice hockey final?

+2
Real Kerry Fan
SamiPremier08
6 posters

Go down

how good was the ice hockey final? Empty how good was the ice hockey final?

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:15 pm

thought this was brilliant entertainment, nothing better to watch on a Sunday night. Wanted Canada to win but was urging the USA to equalise just so they played overtime - when they did with 24 seconds to go it was quality. Canada's winning goal was superb as well!

they should get ice hockey on the telly every week. Very Happy
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

how good was the ice hockey final? Empty Re: how good was the ice hockey final?

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:39 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:thought this was brilliant entertainment, nothing better to watch on a Sunday night. Wanted Canada to win but was urging the USA to equalise just so they played overtime - when they did with 24 seconds to go it was quality. Canada's winning goal was superb as well!

they should get ice hockey on the telly every week. Very Happy

Quite a lot of it on ESPN America. Very entertaining
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:41 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:

they should get ice hockey on the telly every week. how good was the ice hockey final? Icon_biggrin

Right there with you. However for those who have ESPN it is on regularly.
We got serious crack out of the hockey last night. For some bizarre reason I had built it up all day and looked forward to it and it lived up. The golden goal too-a brilliant and super tense way to finish it too.
It's also minus a lot of the bull(crap,advertising)that sports like NFL and baseball are surrounded by.

Well done canada
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Nice to see Sidney Crosby get the winning goal and live up to the club potential at international level. Sure them Americans have enough won, sure aren't they World Champions in Baseball, basketball and american football.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:11 pm

enjoyed the errrm 'altercations' between the sides at some point especially when one of the nearly got dumped into the team bench area bit Laughing
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:30 am

Great game, with the right result in the end. Canada nearly blew it by sitting back and inviting the US onto them in normal time, but they steadied themselves and controlled the overtime period. And Crosby took his goal brilliantly, especially considering how off form he had been before that.

I thought the Winter Olympics were excellent overall, with some very exciting sport and seemingly great atmosphere at all the events too.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:58 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:Great game, with the right result in the end. Canada nearly blew it by sitting back and inviting the US onto them in normal time, but they steadied themselves and controlled the overtime period. And Crosby took his goal brilliantly, especially considering how off form he had been before that.

I thought the Winter Olympics were excellent overall, with some very exciting sport and seemingly great atmosphere at all the events too.

agree TC I have always liked watching the winter olympics, my favourite event just had to be ski cross - brilliant! how good was the ice hockey final? Icon_biggrin
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 am

For me it was the boarding slalom. Not a sport I would follow but have snowboarded a good few times. Jasey jay Andersen's gold seemed to be a real fairy tale story of sorts. And to come back from almost a second on his second run was unreal.
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:46 pm

i watched the winter olympics in fits and starts turned on last sunday and saw 2 crashes in the 2 man bobsleigh -happy enough thought that was the quota for funny crashes for the day then the female sped skating semi final had a god almighty pile up causing the two lassies in 5&6 to win the race and qualify for the finals but the two said lassies hadnt a clue and started to race frantically for the win. then right after that the mens skiing came on the fella in third wanted the gold and flipped landing arse about face finishing last. funny thing was he fell on the very last corner!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:17 pm

redhandman wrote:i watched the winter olympics in fits and starts turned on last sunday and saw 2 crashes in the 2 man bobsleigh -happy enough thought that was the quota for funny crashes for the day then the female sped skating semi final had a god almighty pile up causing the two lassies in 5&6 to win the race and qualify for the finals but the two said lassies hadnt a clue and started to race frantically for the win. then right after that the mens skiing came on the fella in third wanted the gold and flipped landing arse about face finishing last. funny thing was he fell on the very last corner!

nice to see you find such delight in other people's pain RHM Razz
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:37 pm

ach c'mon sami its the only reason people watch the winter olympics is for blood on the ice! and and your wan vonn the american woman who won the gold.

same reason that in a local club game between two rivals people only go on the hope of a bit of rough and tumble .
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:46 pm

redhandman wrote:ach c'mon sami its the only reason people watch the winter olympics is for blood on the ice! and and your wan vonn the american woman who won the gold.

same reason that in a local club game between two rivals people only go on the hope of a bit of rough and tumble .

ahh i know only messing with ya...nothing better to see a good high speed crash or collision. I love the sight of a dedicated athlete training for years for that one moment lying distraught on the ground. even better when there's an injury to be had!

Razz Razz Razz
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down