GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the novelty wearing off this website?

+2
Dougal
Loyal2TheRoyal
6 posters

Go down

Is the novelty wearing off this website? Empty Is the novelty wearing off this website?

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Its just over a year ago since this website was born, I was one of the first posters registered. In fact, if I remember rightly, the only "regular" posters registered before me were GAA-Fan, RMDrive and Clash-of-the-ash. I've seen it all on here, the banning of moderators, the unbanning of moderators, the Michael Jackson scandal, PM-gate, tipping competitions, betting competitions, fantasy GAA competitions and the ongoing war on other websites and its posters. Its been a remarkable year for GT in my opinion. But I think the site is now entering a new era.

There was a time when you'd rarely have three or four more posters logged on at any one time. There was the core nine or ten users and that was it: Bright-Oak, Samin10, GAA-Fan, RMDrive, JimWexford, Mid-Mon Man, JayoCluxton, Shinners, SamiPremier08, Mossbags, Old98, LiamWalkinstown, Bocerty, Bald Eagle, RichDublin and that was about it. It was a rare occasion that anyone outside of those names posted, the arrival of a new poster was seen as historic. Now the place is full of former HS posters, current HS posters and future HS posters and we've new arrivals every day. The novelty is gone off the place. Mossbags once professed "this site needs new blood". And we've got it and lots of it but its the exact same faces on here that are on HS. Novelty is gone off this site in my opinion.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Is the novelty wearing off this website? Empty Re: Is the novelty wearing off this website?

Post  Dougal Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Its just over a year ago since this website was born, I was one of the first posters registered. In fact, if I remember rightly, the only "regular" posters registered before me were GAA-Fan, RMDrive and Clash-of-the-ash. I've seen it all on here, the banning of moderators, the unbanning of moderators, the Michael Jackson scandal, PM-gate, tipping competitions, betting competitions, fantasy GAA competitions and the ongoing war on other websites and its posters. Its been a remarkable year for GT in my opinion. But I think the site is now entering a new era.

There was a time when you'd rarely have three or four more posters logged on at any one time. There was the core nine or ten users and that was it: Bright-Oak, Samin10, GAA-Fan, RMDrive, JimWexford, Mid-Mon Man, JayoCluxton, Shinners, SamiPremier08, Mossbags, Old98, LiamWalkinstown, Bocerty, Bald Eagle, RichDublin and that was about it. It was a rare occasion that anyone outside of those names posted, the arrival of a new poster was seen as historic. Now the place is full of former HS posters, current HS posters and future HS posters and we've new arrivals every day. The novelty is gone off the place. Mossbags once professed "this site needs new blood". And we've got it and lots of it but its the exact same faces on here that are on HS. Novelty is gone off this site in my opinion.

would that not be you loyal??we all get on well,no wums,class site.dont know what your complaining about.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Is the novelty wearing off this website? Empty Re: Is the novelty wearing off this website?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Constant references to other site/s are nauseating. This site stands on its own two feet. All are welcome as long as they contribute in the right spirit. It doesn't matter who posts elsewhere they are quite welcome to. Cyberspace is a big place with plenty of room for all.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Novelty means new. The site is no longer new so yeah I guess the novelty is gone. I welcome the changing nature of the site though. All sites are a product of the interests, values and personalities of its users and the more variety in users the better. This isn't an exclusive club. It's a site for everyone.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Novelty has totally worn off. The MODs have fallen asleep at the wheel it would appear.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:39 pm

mossbags wrote:Novelty has totally worn off. The MODs have fallen asleep at the wheel it would appear.

The election campaign has started eh Moss?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:45 pm

RMDrive wrote:
mossbags wrote:Novelty has totally worn off. The MODs have fallen asleep at the wheel it would appear.

The MODs need new blood.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:49 pm

mossbags wrote:
RMDrive wrote:

The MODs need new blood.

Are you ready for the long hours? The hard work? The infamy? The poor pay? The repetitive strain injury (ooh matron)?
Would you be able to handle the power Moss? All that power can affect some people! Is the novelty wearing off this website? Icon_razz
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:09 pm

RMDrive wrote:
mossbags wrote:
RMDrive wrote:

The MODs need new blood.

Are you ready for the long hours? The hard work? The infamy? The poor pay? The repetitive strain injury (ooh matron)?
Would you be able to handle the power Moss? All that power can affect some people! Is the novelty wearing off this website? Icon_razz

I am ready RMD and thank you for your kind offer. I believe that if I wish to know what my fellow GT poster want, all I need do is look into my own heart.
Thank you again RMD, I always said you were one of our more fair and balanced overlords and never once over reactionary.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:13 pm

this is a good site and if it aint broken well you know the rest

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:37 pm

The only novelty that is wearing off is your wumming Loyal.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down