GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday!

+11
cassiopeia
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
bocerty
KerryKatriona
SamiPremier08
black&white
3inarow08
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
GAA-Fan
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! - Page 2 Empty Re: GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday!

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:02 pm

There will be no party here - its far too small and cramped and there are too many bad humoured lads on the dry. Imagine pussyfooting around listening to some fella telling you all about transfers as he spilled cidona on your new shirt, or two lads spending the evening with the racing post betting on two flies going down the wall - in the jacks, or some drunk Galwegians drooling over pictures of Joe Canning or some old buck from the West selling plastic flowers and St Brigid Crosses while playing the accordion - accompanied by a girl in the corner doing a Grade 7 piano with Olympic medals falling out of her pocket, or two Dublin lads wearing hipsters and carrying Bichons Frise trying to rekindle Dublin-Kerry rivalry as they try to de-brief KK, or some lad from Donegal trying to sell underfloor heating or a load of expats back from the UK but getting no dole, or the Tyrone contingent smuggling in the Buckfast or the Cavan lads pining for the 20s 30s and 40s or ........... no no no ... its too much. I'm just going go out to have a good sup and a toast - alone.

Last edited by Jayo Cluxton on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:05 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:Ok, just a few things ye need to do for the Birthday Bash:

Boxty, get Mrs. Boxty to bake the cake.
Sami, you bring the Yorkshire pudding for the feast.
Jayo, we'll need you to bring nuts, go search among the Dublin team.
Boc, we'll need you to bring some nice, fresh fruit, maybe a Mellon( Wink) ?
Addy, we'll need your electrical skills to put up the lighting.
Loyally, you bring the Pick'n'mix, don't forget the roses(ya probably have some withered ones left after Niamh).
Mossbags, we'll need your 'communal' contacts from Ballinasloe to supply us with Party gear.
RuaNua, Some donegal catch might be nice.
RMD, you can work as the waitress.
Tamaoo7, one Dub is enough thanks!

Patrique, head chef.
KK, you're not invited.

See ye there jocolor
Deleted
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 am

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
KK, you're not invited.

I'll be there alright. I might even take Sam along. It'd be nice for you to see what he looks like.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:57 am

KerryKatriona wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
KK, you're not invited.

I'll be there alright. I might even take Sam along. It'd be nice for you to see what he looks like.

No thanks, knowing you Kerry folk, you'd probably throw it at me.

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:11 am

Esther Irish are the blacks of Europe,Dubs are the blacks of Ireland,Northsiders are the blacks of Dublin-and tomaoo7 is the black of Gaa tipster is that what your saying.. GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! - Page 2 652864
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:17 am

mullins wrote:Esther Irish are the blacks of Europe,Dubs are the blacks of Ireland,Northsiders are the blacks of Dublin-and tomaoo7 is the black of Gaa tipster is that what your saying.. GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! - Page 2 652864

I was only messing with ya! Sure don't I remember ya from HS, I used to call you Tomato! Surprised Razz The invite is sent out in the post for ya! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:26 am

mullins wrote:Esther Irish are the blacks of Europe,Dubs are the blacks of Ireland,Northsiders are the blacks of Dublin-and tomaoo7 is the black of Gaa tipster is that what your saying.. GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! - Page 2 652864

GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! - Page 2 Icon_cheers

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:33 am

Esther

I think the Donegal catch comes from Northallerton in Yorkshire - its inland so presume the do actually get the fish from the sea but not sure how much comes from these shores !!.

I can get my hands on some good atlantic crabs toes though. Not a great time of year for salmon either unless I rob some from the Fanad Aquaculturists.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:35 am

Ruanua wrote:Esther

I think the Donegal catch comes from Northallerton in Yorkshire - its inland so presume the do actually get the fish from the sea but not sure how much comes from these shores !!.

I can get my hands on some good atlantic crabs toes though. Not a great time of year for salmon either unless I rob some from the Fanad Aquaculturists.

Jeeze Rua - I knew I recognised your face!!!!!!

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:46 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Jeeze Rua - I knew I recognised your face!!!!!!

That was me in my prime disco dancing days
Im afraid I've weathered fairly badly since

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:49 am

No Donegal catch in Donegal-i sense something fishy! You're not codding me are ya?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:51 am

He's a bit of a shark and may be throwing you a red herring. Either way only eel be able to tell you. I think I've heard it albacore anyway.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:53 am

EstherMayo1951 wrote:

No Donegal catch in Donegal-i sense something fishy! You're not codding me are ya?

Yeah Im just acting the pollocks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:58 am

Ruanua wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

Yeah Im just acting the pollocks

Ok, so we pike you to bring the Fish stocks to this plaice. We can Perch the fish up on a table, but don't trout at me if nobody eats it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:04 pm

What is the story with this forum? how did it come about? who owns it?
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Peter Solan the Great wrote:What is the story with this forum? how did it come about? who owns it?

It was established early in 2009 at the behest of Prof. Drumm who is CEO of the HSE. The purpose of the forum is to provide an outlet for those of us who are registered "basket-cases" in the eyes of the Medical professionals.
All forms of malcontents were equipped with computers and encouraged to share our addiction problems, socio-economic woes, educational issues, mortgage and credit card difficulties through the involvement with like minded individuals in a sporting context.
It would be quite impossible for us to embark on an AA type programme, where we might all convene on a Tuesday night, because of the violent and aggressive natures of some of of the patients. Others, insomniacs such as Mossbags, are hence able to spout rubbish on a 24/7 basis, but as you can see for yourself, he's lapsed a little of late.
Around late 2009, great progress was noticed by the HSE and the scheme was broadened out a little to include some Cavan sufferers in a sneaky advertising campaign. This led to the usual "Free computer for us here lads" talk and the whole thing spiralled out of control.

The forum is of course owned by the Dept. of Health who pay posters with high post counts to keep the show on the road round the clock. It's a take-off from "The Samaritins" really, except it's online.......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Bumped FAO Joseff......."certain privileged urbanites" are drawing about €5k. p.a. out of it all the same.. Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseff Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Bumped FAO Joseff......."certain privileged urbanites" are drawing about €5k. p.a. out of it all the same.. Wink

Looks like a few users have heeled up, since this began.

Anyway, I couldn't be arsed reading through the yak that Boxty, JC and the likes were writing back in the day on dial-up internet connections.

I think we should get GT quoted on the stock exchange. Shtop them jackeens taking the money off the country folk.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:08 am

I think WE should get you.....arragh! never mind.... Laughing
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:03 am

Joseff wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:Bumped FAO Joseff......."certain privileged urbanites" are drawing about €5k. p.a. out of it all the same.. Wink

Anyway, I couldn't be arsed reading through the yak that Boxty, JC and the likes were writing back in the day on dial-up internet connections.

I think we should get GT quoted on the stock exchange. Shtop them jackeens taking the money off the country folk.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

Jackeens ?
I was brought up thinking that Louth was the people who were not posh enough to be North County Dublin ? . All started when Haughey bought the estate in Kinseally he rezoned to protect the land value.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseff Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:07 pm

[quote="OMAR"]
Joseff wrote:

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

And I grew up thinking Donegal was the county where everyone lived at the bottom of a mountain, farming half an acre of land and arguing wheather to kill the pig or the lamb for Christmas dinner.

Or then again your a Cavan man now,
I grew up thinking Cavan people were as tight as a ducks arrse.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2