GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday!

+11
cassiopeia
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
bocerty
KerryKatriona
SamiPremier08
black&white
3inarow08
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
GAA-Fan
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Empty GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday!

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:25 pm

So lads, what are we doing for it?(30/01/10) I vote to have an online party like the good 'oul days! We have all gone through many events since the birth of this forum!

When I first arrived, obviously many of the members I didn't really know that well.

First poster I came across was Jayo. I harshly judged him on his avatar of that time(d'ya remember it Jayo, blue with Cluxton and Sherlock on it? Razz ) I simply dismissed him as probably being 21, wearing tracksuits an t-am ar fad and being obsessed to the point of oblivion with Dublin. How very wrong I was. It turns out he's over twice that age! Razz

Boxtyeater: I'm not sure but I think you joined later on, around March? But at first I thought you must be quite a peculiar character to pick such an obscure name. However, I saw that you were from Leitrim, so my opinion of you drastically improved-I love Leitrim! What a truly Irishy, Wesht manín!

Sami: Well I thought you were about 21! It 'twas great to see a Tipp lad, because I have a soft spot for Tipp when it comes to the hurling! When it said Yorkshire below your avatar, I thought you were probably working there as an IT technician or something Razz

Loyally: Your arrogant, stubborn and seemingly self-worshipping attitude caused me to have an instant emm, well, dislike of you, not helped by the fact you're a Meath man. However, I came to enjoy your posts and your quirkiness!

Boc: I had seen your name on HS before and knew you were a prominent poster. I was particularly curious about your username, or rather how to pronounce it when it's shortened, would you pronounce it 'Boc' (as in Bock) or 'Boc' (as in Bose)? I always thought it would be pronounced 'Bock!'

RMD: My initial opinion of RMD was good, considering he is living in Mayo, and has maybe gradually transformed into one of 'us.' Well, that was wrong!Razz

And I think that's all who I remember being there at the start! Good times! Very Happy

So Addy or Jayo(or to whom it may concern) How's about we have a GT B-Day Bash!? Very Happy

Last edited by EstherMayo1951 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Empty Re: GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday!

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Sorry to say Esther but this forum started on 30th January 2009 at 23:54 - Only 6 minutes off. =]
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:01 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Sorry to say Esther but this forum started on 30th January 2009 at 23:54 - Only 6 minutes off. =]

Really? Flip it anyway, I checked your profile and it said the 31/01/09!

Anywho, Addy any chance of an 'oul party on that night? Very Happy jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:03 pm

Oh, I've just checked the 30th is on a Saturday!-Woohoo! Perfect day! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:24 pm

Ah Essie, Essie! You have let the feline out of the holdall.

The GT Centenary Minus 99 Committay have been working flat out on this since 1 February last year and have a gala night organised .... in the Landmark Hotel in Carrick-in-Shannon. (This town used to be known as Carrick-on-Shannon before the floods).

A bus will be supplied and driven by Jim - who is a designated driver for the night. This will ensure that posters have a 50-50 chance of getting home and will also ensure no drunken ramblings about the Cats. GT will pick up the tolls and Jim will try to pick up Old if he gets bail following his illegal football screenings in the local GAA club. The bus will stop at various pick up points around Dublin. Non-Dublin posters can either get to Dublin or to Connaught. We will let the sniffer dogs out in Longford to see if we can find Shinners who has disappeared quicker than their election hopes.

Partygoers will be met at the door by their genial host Boxtyeater who will place a glass of poteen in their lámha. Formal dress is essential - if you have to rent make sure it fits you - OK Samin? Nothing worse than a 44 inch man trying to squeeze into a 34 inch waist. As Boxty is MC we have rented the premises for 36 hours. We will start with some entertainment. Swinny and GAA fan will have a beer drinking competition - in true student style - the winner will be the one who throws up last. RMDrive will do his Karaoke special - a full back catalogue of Daniel's specials. They are the spitting image of each other ... actually ... no better not tell ye. Loyal will do his three card trick - find the lady. The crescendo of this card codding chicanery will involve a large puff of smoke whereupon Niamh will appear from under the table and doves and cherubs and even pigs will fly into the sky blowing cornets and pink fluffy hearts. A worthy component of our celebration. Of course Sami will attend and we have a special treat lined up for this boy. Without giving too much away we have arranged for a well known 60 odd year old woman to entertain him. Sure whats €25k on a night like this. Mullins will then take to the stage with his amazing dancing bichon frise - watch with awwwwww as man and beast trip the light fandango in scenes not seen since the out-takes of Strictly Come Dancing. KerryKatriona is up next with a touching rendition of 'I love to be in Kerry every night'. Cassie and Lino will then don traditional Warsaw attire and give us a tasty Pole Dance. At this point MMM and Gunit will be asked to stop fighting and leave their Cavan-Monaghan enmity at the door.

Following this Johnnos Bull will take us on a walking tour of the town - which will include a visit to each of the pubs he has been barred from. This will take about 6 hours. This will be followed by a nature talk by Essie on the banks of the Shannon. Marvel as she tells us what makes corns crake, hedges hog and haws thorn - and get out of there before she produces the collection bucket. Before we return indoors Clash and Mossbags will do some Saw Doctors numbers on a cruiser in the Shannon. Don't worry the engine will be suitably noisy to drown out the boys. Around this time Thomas Clarke, 6 in a row and Bald Eagle will land in a helicopter on a specially commissioned GAATipster platform in the middle of the Shannon. (This may not happen as there is a huge weight issue here but we are in constant touch with WeightWatchers UK to see if it will be a goer).

Donations will then be collected by Black & White. While we are anxious not to overcharge, putting an accountant in charge will ensure we screw ye for every last cent. GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_lol Triona and Real Kerry Fan will serve the food. As Kerrymen they are well used to handling silverware and they always make sure the rest of us get our just desserts! Bumpernut and North Side Gael will then give us a talk on the GAA in Antrim which will allow us all to get out for a smoke or a stretch of the legs.

At the end of the evening Bocerty and redhandman will host their 'decommissioned fireworks display'. Do not ask questions. And so to the residents bar where Patrique will host a discussion on the History of the Trade Union Movement in the Northern Ireland Civil Service Since October 12 1952. Boxty will then do the wrap and regale us with tales of Leitrim past, present and future.

Be there!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:29 pm

Cracking stuff as ever JC.... GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Lol GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Lol GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_king GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_king
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:43 pm

Box, where were you the last half hour while we were in that chat box?
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
At the end of the evening Bocerty and redhandman will host their 'decommissioned fireworks display'. Do not ask questions. And so to the residents bar where Patrique will host a discussion on the History of the Trade Union Movement in the Northern Ireland Civil Service Since October 12 1952. Boxty will then do the wrap and regale us with tales of Leitrim past, present and future.

Be there!

Boxty rapping? GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Music-smiley-012
I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Even though I reckon the Padraig McHale's style or "wrapping" might be more Boxty's forté
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:03 am

sounds great...not so sure about my 'suprise' though...

Happy Birthday GT

P.S - Essie, technician would be a terrible job! GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_wink
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:55 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:KerryKatriona is up next with a touching rendition of 'I love to be in Kerry every night'.

Haven't heard that song but it sounds lovely. Anyone have the lyrics?

Though I am not hear long its hard to believe its only a year. It seems much much longer. It must be just the monotomy of a few posters like Mossbags and Loyal.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:50 am

Boc: I had seen your name on HS before and knew you were a prominent poster. I was particularly curious about your username, or rather how to pronounce it when it's shortened, would you pronounce it 'Boc' (as in Bock) or 'Boc' (as in Bose)? I always thought it would be pronounced 'Bock!'

Essie not sure if i would call myself a prominent poster on HS i think i managed about 500 in the space of a year and half, another Tyrone poster who joined around about the same time as me had about 4000 over the same period but 3997 of they were pure sh!te!!! But thanks for the sentiments.

As regards my name its pronounced Bock - it was a teacher in school who put that name on me - I'll give you a clue the B stands for Big - you can guess the rest yourself Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:51 am

great post JC - i thought Loyal might give us a a rendition of 'I wish I was back home in Derry'
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:GT will pick up the tolls and Jim will try to pick up Old if he gets bail following his illegal football screenings in the local GAA club.

Is that Old I see before me!!!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:GT will pick up the tolls and Jim will try to pick up Old if he gets bail following his illegal football screenings in the local GAA club.

Is that Old I see before me!!!!!
See him as well
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:22 pm

black&white wrote:
Boxty rapping? GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Music-smiley-012
I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Even though I reckon the Padraig McHale's style or "wrapping" might be more Boxty's forté

Like this one..... GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_lol

GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Mchale_round_baler
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Boxty these city kids need more than a photo to dig the "beet" which is now a thing of the past thanks to FF
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:35 pm

JimWexford wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Boxty these city kids need more than a photo to dig the "beet" which is now a thing of the past thanks to FF

Good stuff Jim....hard ta bate the McHale wrapper... GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_lol Here's one from your own county.....

GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Pd1551204
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Good stuff Jim....hard ta bate the McHale wrapper... GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_lol Here's one from your own county.....

GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Pd1551204

Is that the new stand in McHale then?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Naw! It's the first cut of silage off Wexford Park from last summer...They don't get any games there in the Summertime due to all Leinster champo matches being played at neutral venues like Croke Park.... GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_eek
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Naw! It's the first cut of silage off Wexford Park from last summer...They don't get any games there in the Summertime due to all Leinster champo matches being played at neutral venues like Croke Park.... GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_eek

GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Lol
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:44 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Naw! It's the first cut of silage off Wexford Park from last summer...They don't get any games there in the Summertime due to all Leinster champo matches being played at neutral venues like Croke Park.... GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_eek

Not so. Wexford are due to put their silage on Wexford Park on the 6th June. They are playing Galway.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Never seen a setup like this before.

clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  cassiopeia Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:38 pm

[quote="Jayo Cluxton"] Cassie and Lino will then don traditional Warsaw attire and give us a tasty Pole Dance. /quote]

I am so quiet only cause am practicing the Pole Dance
cassiopeia
cassiopeia
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:03 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Never seen a setup like this before.

Nifty.... GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_cool slight modification to the baler eject function permits the bales elevation outwards and upwards.
Time and effort saving.. GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_biggrin GAA Tipster's 1st Birthday! Icon_biggrin ...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Ok, just a few things ye need to do for the Birthday Bash:

Boxty, get Mrs. Boxty to bake the cake.
Sami, you bring the Yorkshire pudding for the feast.
Jayo, we'll need you to bring nuts, go search among the Dublin team.
Boc, we'll need you to bring some nice, fresh fruit, maybe a Mellon( Wink) ?
Addy, we'll need your electrical skills to put up the lighting.
Loyally, you bring the Pick'n'mix, don't forget the roses(ya probably have some withered ones left after Niamh).
Mossbags, we'll need your 'communal' contacts from Ballinasloe to supply us with Party gear.
RuaNua, Some donegal catch might be nice.
RMD, you can work as the waitress.
Tamaoo7, one Dub is enough thanks!
Patrique, head chef.
KK, you're not invited.

See ye there jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next