GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Meath!

4 posters

Go down

Who do you WANT to win?

Up Meath! Tag1071%Up Meath! Tag10 71% 
[ 5 ]
Up Meath! Tag1029%Up Meath! Tag10 29% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

Up Meath! Empty Up Meath!

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:46 pm

Apart from the knobs on HS claiming that Mayo have won Sam already, they have Conor Mortimer.

Last edited by Bright-Oak on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Up Meath! Empty Re: Up Meath!

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:49 pm

If your support don't push Meath over the line, then I don't know what will!

Back to top Go down

Post  JOLearysgloves Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

100%
Up Meath
JOLearysgloves
JOLearysgloves
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Meath for me, more likely to be a Tyrone v kerry final. Of course then i will be cheering Tyrone, Tyrone against any of the rest bar Meath.

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Not a hope, Mayo will ate them. Up the West and f*** the rest afro
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:37 pm

samin10 wrote:Meath for me, more likely to be a Tyrone v kerry final. Of course then i will be cheering Tyrone, Tyrone against any of the rest bar Meath.

I have fallen in that trap too often in the past I cant stand Tyrone or their supporters (except Boc) Their fan's stood in Casement calling us a shower of Derry bastards. The hatred between Derry on Tyrone is still there, and just because they are Ulster's only representative doesn't mean Jack ****. Only team I hate more than Tyrone is Kerry, Teams I want to see win Sam in

Cork
Meath

Mayo

Tyrone

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:
I have fallen in that trap too often in the past I cant stand Tyrone or their supporters (except Boc) Their fan's stood in Casement calling us a shower of Derry bastards. The hatred between Derry on Tyrone is still there, and just because they are Ulster's only representative doesn't mean Jack ****. Only team I hate more than Tyrone is Kerry,

Rivals yes, but hatred no. Each to their own, but I don't know any Tyrone fans who 'hate' derry or their supporters. I've no doubt that there are some idiots who get carried away at football matches, but then all counties have those. It's a great, amateur sport, and we are all neighbours. Save your hatred for something more important in life Niamh.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:19 pm

In 1996 all out hearts were broken as Colm Coyle scored a freak equalising point to deny Mayo. In the replay Meath's thuggery won the day.

In 1995 Mayo had won the Junior title, with my music mate's son Brendan on the team, and our family looked to further glory for the Green and Red of Mayo.

In 97 they lost the final again, although defeat was expected that year, well certainly by me. Oh for a forward who could score.

In 2004 a gtriumphant march to the final, to be shattered by Kerry. The daughter and I had headed to Mayo on the day of the Fermanagh replay to join in the craic.

In 2006 I said to the daughter in May that Mayo could break out hearts again that year, as I fancied them to go close.

Watching the semi in Joe Mac's in Louisburgh, absolutely brilliant.

I had a feeling they could win the final, and Ciaran McDonald et al would get their reward.

Disaster.

This year I was hopeful they would make the final until last Monday.

Meath? You couldn't like them. I have great admiration for O'Rourke, Giles, Geraghty and Fay as players, but you could never accept the ethos. Win at all costs has never been for me. I would rather have watched Mayo and Laois play football than some winning teams.

So it is Mayo for me this weekend.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down