GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Subjects at School?

+2
mossbags
lino_de_legend
6 posters

Go down

Favourite Subjects at School? Empty Favourite Subjects at School?

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:00 am

My Top 5:

5. Irish
4. Physics
3. Accounting
2. Engineering
1. Maths

PE, CSPE, LCVP, Religion aren't really proper subjects.

I did not like English, Geography or French, very tedious. I wasn't gone on the Gaeilge but I took a pride in being able to speak and understand it.

I found Maths for the Leaving Cert very easy. One of the easiest subjects ever, looking back, the Maths is very basic. Some of the Calculus, Intregation, Probability was unreal handy. What amazed me was that out of 84 in the year, 10 did honours Maths and I did the best of the ten.

What was everyone else's favourite subjects?

Back to top Go down

Favourite Subjects at School? Empty Re: Favourite Subjects at School?

Post  lino_de_legend Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:55 pm

5. IRISH
4. GERMAN
3. GEOGRAPHY
2. BIOLOGY
1. PE

i was brutal at languages at school, english french german and irish were my worst subjects, but i did enjoy doing irish and german. used to go gealteacht every year. have to say i was brill at pe and biology. did chemistry as well for the leaving, hated it! teacher was an absolute wagan! would love to go back to school for a week , for the laugh
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:02 pm

Yeah I excelled myself in the gym too. Hockey was my favourite sport but it got banned after 5th year because people got the wrong idea of what the hockey sticks were for. Soccer inside was class craic too.

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Yeah I excelled myself in the gym too. Hockey was my favourite sport but it got banned after 5th year because people got the wrong idea of what the hockey sticks were for. Soccer inside was class craic too.

ah no way i played hockey for 6 years in school! we were brutal tho, had to play in the top league as we only had one senior team. we only ever bet onew team every year, and that was lucan. they had the same problem as us.
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:12 pm

I would say most Meath schools would have won that League.

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:35 pm

1 History
2 English
3 Religion/Civics

Loved and love history and was quite the bard in my scooldays as well. Had little or no interest in anything else in school though.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:27 pm

1. Maths
2. Technical Drawing
3. Accounting
4. Physics
5. French
6. Irish
7. English

Maths was a doddle, never understood the fuss about honours maths either Loyal, entirely logical and easy to pick up a lot of marks in. Technical Drawing was also pretty easy, reckon I could have sat the exam at the end of 4th year.
TBH Irish and English were the only subjects I didn't like, no problem with learning how to use a language properly, but why force poetry, novels and plays down young people's throats? I've no problem with subjects that cater for people of an artistic/creative persuasion, but to make them compulsory subjects is a joke.
Compulsory Irish and English should involve syntax, grammer and being able to speak and write clearly, legibly and concisely. The current courses mean that people's futures may depend on being their skill at interpreting poetry, which often resembles the drunken ramblings of Frank Gallagher!
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Would have to agree with you lads regarding Maths lads, found it handy enough myself to be honest. I can understand why some dropped it as they didn't need higher maths, but I remember there being this big deal about HL Maths coming up to the final couple of years, but I never had any bother with it. Also really enjoyed Tech Drawing like yourself B&W, one of those subjects that either you get or you don't, and I think if you understand it then it's easy to get a very good mark. Also really liked Construction, also handy to get a good mark in if you put in the work with the project. English was another favourite, actually enjoyed the work in that despite the amount of it, that's probably down to an excellent teacher for the final few years.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:57 pm

1. Art
2. History
3. Geography
4. Science
5. PE

Ended up failing Art and my teacher was constantly annoyed with me because of it. Liked it because I sat beside the girl I fancied and one day I tripped over smacked my head off a table and knocked myself out. Cool

History was just brilliant even though none of it was to do with Ireland.

Geography, completely the opposite to History but for some reason I liked it and was good at it.

Science, every boys dream blow things up.

PE I like sports.

One subject I hated was English because I read things backwards so couldnt keep up with the reading lol
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:38 pm

1. Construction Studies
2. Technical Drawing
3. English
4. Maths
5. Irish
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down