GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork vs Offaly

5 posters

Go down

Cork vs Offaly Empty Cork vs Offaly

Post  Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Offaly will be looking to expose Cork's ageing legs at the back. They have to move the ball with speed into their forward line, take the game to Cork in the first ten minutes. Shane Dooley and Brian Carroll must be on their game, thier performance will literally be key to Offaly's chances.

In David Kenny, the possess an excellent full-back up against a not so great full-forward. Aisake won't see the ball. I hope Naughtan starts for Cork, class hurler, don't know how he was a sub the last day. He is so fast, in my opinion, almost unmarkable. Pa Cronin did well when he came on as a sub the last day so I expect he'll be in there too and nother big game would be nice froma Cork perspective as their forward line is one of the weakest around.

In saying all that, Offaly couldn't beat Wexford who in turn were beaten by Dublin. Not exactly, the form of a team who are about to beat the hurling stronghold of Cork. They should go down admirably but its Cork by 5 or 6 for me.

Back to top Go down

Cork vs Offaly Empty Re: Cork vs Offaly

Post  JimWexford Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:27 pm

loyal think your be a bit to nice to the biffo's. if cork have any all ireland ambitions which i believe they have i would be expecting a 20 point plus beating
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:01 pm

JimWexford wrote:loyal think your be a bit to nice to the biffo's. if cork have any all ireland ambitions which i believe they have i would be expecting a 20 point plus beating

agreed Jim. Cork should give them a good hammering, anything else is encouraging for the other teams in the qualifiers.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Cork to win, but Offaly are starting to get something together again.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:04 am

I agree Offaly are starting to take baby steps with Billy Dooley and others to the fore ............. but this is way to early for them I think.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:29 am

Cork by 5+.. pullin' away....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite