GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meath

+2
old98!
mid-mon man
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Meath - Page 2 Empty Re: Meath

Post  Guest Sun May 31, 2009 7:30 pm

Can Stephen Bray emulate this man and lift Sam?

Can't say I seen him too many times myself - but King of The Jungle he was!

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:26 am

I see the Meath Juniors got spanked by Longford, any reports of the game about Loyal?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:00 am

bald eagle wrote:I see the Meath Juniors got spanked by Longford, any reports of the game about Loyal?

Disappointing. Kit Henry the manager stepped aside and good riddance. Never liked him, used to coach a few of the underage teams in Meath and I always got that impression that if you weren't from Summerhill, O'Mahonys, Ashbourne, Skyrne, etc, he wasn't interested. Load of players who deserved a chance on this year's juniors never got it, instead lots a few players who struggle to get a place with their clubs were on the panel.

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:43 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
bald eagle wrote:I see the Meath Juniors got spanked by Longford, any reports of the game about Loyal?

Disappointing. Kit Henry the manager stepped aside and good riddance. Never liked him, used to coach a few of the underage teams in Meath and I always got that impression that if you weren't from Summerhill, O'Mahonys, Ashbourne, Skyrne, etc, he wasn't interested. Load of players who deserved a chance on this year's juniors never got it, instead lots a few players who struggle to get a place with their clubs were on the panel.

That result really surprised me i must say Loyal. I expected the Royals to get to the final at least. On reading your assessment on Henry however it explains a lot in regards the result.

Who is there to challenge the Dubs now?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Sam Maguire came home today.

Mickey Harte is going round all the primary schools round this neck of the woods with the Sam Maguire Cup and the Tom Markham Cup with him. And as if that wasn't good enough, didn't I pull up in the shop in Drumbaragh and there before me was Tom Markham. I thought what the **** is going on here? And then, out of the corner of my eye, I see a second cup, it dwarfed poor little Tom Markham, its name - Sam Maguire.

I asked how did it feel to come home, he said he was delighted. Said the Tyrone boys are keeping him nice and clean but he'll be back to his rightful home in September. I said, no bother Sam, I'll see you then - its not really goodbye, we shall meet again. Oh, I nearly forgot, he said he was talking to his friend Nicky the other day and he said he's looking forward to his first visit to the home of hurling too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2