GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not sure if Meath can win Sam

3 posters

Go down

I'm not sure if Meath can win Sam Empty I'm not sure if Meath can win Sam

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Too many average players in there. Couple of superstars like McGill, Juicy O'Conner, Peader, Brayers, Brian Farrell, but a lot of passengers there too. Kevin Reilly, Harro, Craw, Meade don't cut it yet. And then the enigma that is Cian Ward.

Leinster not beyond the realms of possibility but All-Ireland is pushing it. We'll beat Dublin in the first round and win maybe take Leinster then. But All-Ireland???? Alternatively, if someone was to knock out Cork and Kerry for us, then I'd fancy our chances

I wouldn't read too much into the League performances, Meath are a team in heavy training at the minute. All will change when we hit Croker in Summer.

If GG comes back, then things would change dramatically.

Also, the player I had down as the next GG, Graham Reilly from Colmicilles is not even on the panel.

Back to top Go down

I'm not sure if Meath can win Sam Empty Re: I'm not sure if Meath can win Sam

Post  lino_de_legend Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Too many average players in there. Couple of superstars like McGill, Juicy O'Conner, Peader, Brayers, Brian Farrell, but a lot of passengers there too. Kevin Reilly, Harro, Craw, Meade don't cut it yet. And then the enigma that is Cian Ward.

Leinster not beyond the realms of possibility but All-Ireland is pushing it. We'll beat Dublin in the first round and win maybe take Leinster then. But All-Ireland???? Alternatively, if someone was to knock out Cork and Kerry for us, then I'd fancy our chances

I wouldn't read too much into the League performances, Meath are a team in heavy training at the minute. All will change when we hit Croker in Summer.

Also, the player I had down as the next GG, Graham Reilly from Colmicilles is not even on the panel.

hmmmm, dont agree loyal. you had gg last year and look how well you's did in the championship. i cannot see a difference between the meath team then and the meath team now. and to be honest, i cant see ya's beating us first round. i'm not just saying that as a dub.
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:01 pm

I reckon it will be 10 years before meath win another All Ireland or get into another All Ireland final.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:07 pm

If you seen what we did to Wexford in the first half and for 10 minutes of the second half, you would be under no illusions that we are a very good team. After that, what Meath did in no reflected their footballing ability, more a reflection of their mentality.

Last year could be vital though if this current team are to be a success, surely lots of lessons were learned and I'm almost glad what happened, happened.

The main reason I was so confident in 2007 was due to the fact that the time to catch Dublin out is in the first game. That year though, we had already beaten Kildare in Croker and ripe for the Dublin game. This year both teams will be untested in the Championship but I would still count that as more of a negative for Dublin as they seem to always struggle towards the end of their first championship game bar maybe last year.

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:16 pm

fair enough loyal, yes you did give wexford a good battering first half, and too be honest, i taught the game was over at half time, but how in the name of god did they let wexford back into it! mentality has a major part to play, and i cant see how there mentality could be any different from last years, what has happened between then and now that would build up there confidence so much. after all, dublin have been tagged with bottlers, and alot of the time when they have to step up, they dont. how should it be so different for this meath panal, it doesnt go away over night
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:17 pm

I actually think Meath have a very good chance of winning Leinster this year. Dublin will be strong favourites in the first round but anything can happen on the day and Dublin-Meath games are usually tight affairs whatever the circumstances, and for some reason I think Meath have a big game in them for this one. If Meath can somehow edge Dublin, they should be be going on to win Leinster, although at this stage there'd be 3 or 4 other teams also thinking they've a great chance. Then again, Dublin could beat Meath easily and stroll to another Leinster! You never know though.

As far as the All-Ireland, I think this Meath team is a few years off seriously challenging for that.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:30 pm

lino_de_legend wrote:fair enough loyal, yes you did give wexford a good battering first half, and too be honest, i taught the game was over at half time, but how in the name of god did they let wexford back into it! mentality has a major part to play, and i cant see how there mentality could be any different from last years, what has happened between then and now that would build up there confidence so much. after all, dublin have been tagged with bottlers, and alot of the time when they have to step up, they dont. how should it be so different for this meath panal, it doesnt go away over night

I don't know how Wexford got back into it. The substitions that were made as if the game was over certainly did not help. But even at that, I was still fairly sure we would win right up until Mattie Forde got the winning point.

Meath are born winners and last year won't have been nice. They hit the ground running in 2007 and I see no reason why the same can't happen again.

If we were to return to the form of 07, then we would be hard bet. The wide open space in Croker brings out the best in Meath and they play football like the way it should be played. No amount of blanket defence will beat Meath in Croker. If you look back to 07, we ended up losing to teams who did what we did but only better. Dominating midfield and isolating two ball winners and scorers inside and spraying the ball into them is very hard to counteract. In fact, the only way to beat it is to cut off the source which is midfield.

Meath's defence is a little worrying as is the niggling statistic about how they blew up last year.

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
lino_de_legend wrote:fair enough loyal, yes you did give wexford a good battering first half, and too be honest, i taught the game was over at half time, but how in the name of god did they let wexford back into it! mentality has a major part to play, and i cant see how there mentality could be any different from last years, what has happened between then and now that would build up there confidence so much. after all, dublin have been tagged with bottlers, and alot of the time when they have to step up, they dont. how should it be so different for this meath panal, it doesnt go away over night

I don't know how Wexford got back into it. The substitions that were made as if the game was over certainly did not help. But even at that, I was still fairly sure we would win right up until Mattie Forde got the winning point.

Meath are born winners and last year won't have been nice. They hit the ground running in 2007 and I see no reason why the same can't happen again.

If we were to return to the form of 07, then we would be hard bet. The wide open space in Croker brings out the best in Meath and they play football like the way it should be played. No amount of blanket defence will beat Meath in Croker. If you look back to 07, we ended up losing to teams who did what we did but only better. Dominating midfield and isolating two ball winners and scorers inside and spraying the ball into them is very hard to counteract. In fact, the only way to beat it is to cut off the source which is midfield.

Meath's defence is a little worrying as is the niggling statistic about how they blew up last year.

thats all well and good loyal about 2007, but ya just cant forget about 2008 campaign like it never happened.!!!! sure in that case we might aswell say the dubs will win sam as they had a fantastic championship in '95!! meath are gonna just forget about last year!!
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:54 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Gee, YA THINK!!!
Question

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down