GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Countdown - Day 20 ....

+3
lino_de_legend
mossbags
Jayo Cluxton
7 posters

Go down

Countdown - Day 20 .... Empty Countdown - Day 20 ....

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Countdown … Day 20 – Well only 20 days to go before the bandwagon cranks up in earnest and the sunshine supporters hit the Hill – late, in full voice and full of Dutch Gold. Please God the sun will be shining and the Dub supporters will be mannerly enough to come early and support the hurlers too. The game v Antrim has the makings of a really good tussle – no reason to not arrive at 2 bells and take in both games.

Whatever the media do between this and then the general consensus among the non-Dubs here is that Sam will not be coming to stay in the Metropolis this September. I am happy with that and a lot of Dublin supporters would happily go along with that thought too so that we stay under the hype radar. I hear we are not putting flags up on Clonliffe Road this year until after the Meath game because Loyal and his buddies took them down and burnt them last year …..

But no doubt Mr Curtis and his friends will have us at money-on for Sam by June 5th in their bid to sell more papers. Maybe the elections will take away some of the hype! Unless Pat Gilroy decides to pick George Lee – which is possible as the media will have us believe that whatever the problem, Gorgeous George is the answer. He wouldn’t be long about putting a dampener on the hype anyway.

I like the way Gilroy is quietly going about his business. You may bet there is some serious work being put in behind the scenes – as there is in Navan, no doubt. The Dublin Championship is in full swing, so hopefully serious injuries can be avoided.

Leinster sport is in rude health! This weekend saw an Offaly amateur perform below par and the country was overjoyed – that makes a change! And next weekend the Royals and the Dubs will be together in the hostelries cheering for Leinster’s finest as they seek the Holy Grail in Edinburgh. The Lions versus the Tigers – followed in two weeks by the Blue Panthers versus the Kittens. Bring it on!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Countdown - Day 20 .... Empty Re: Countdown - Day 20 ....

Post  mossbags Mon May 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Sleep
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 18, 2009 2:48 pm

Only messin' Jayo. Cant wait for this one myself. Have an inkling for Meath for some strange reason but wouldn't be calling it until closer to the match. Neither team can be trusted much but theres no question they always bring the best out of each other.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 18, 2009 2:50 pm

And worst Moss......... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2009 2:51 pm

You'll all be heading for Quinn's in the next couple of days then?

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Mon May 18, 2009 8:34 pm

i cannot wait for this........... gonna be deadly, hopin weather aint gonna be like the last time
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu May 21, 2009 10:15 pm

I got my tickets tonight. I will be on the Hill early.

Any Dubs arriving late, I will refuse to let them in.

Would all Dubs please wear Antrim Jerseys. And be polite.

I will not be asking again. Evil or Very Mad
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu May 21, 2009 10:16 pm

Sure thing P. Ok if we change back into the blue for the football though??
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu May 21, 2009 10:45 pm

What football?

I thought Antrim in Leinster was to "promote" hurling. Neutral
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu May 21, 2009 10:47 pm

patrique wrote:What football?

I thought Antrim in Leinster was to "promote" hurling. Neutral

I heard it's a cunningly ploy over the next six years to assimilate Ulster back into a united Ireland - but keep it to yourself .......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu May 28, 2009 12:01 pm

Countdown - Day 10

Well the debut of the perennial favourites edges ever nearer and the excitement builds. The likelihood is that after this week's Tyrone-Armagh battle, the GAA public will be crying out for a feast of total football from the style kings in Blue. Think Ajax in the 70s, think Brazil, think France in the 90s - think total football. Think full house in Croker, think sea of Blue on the Hill, think delayed kick-off - sorry throw in! Think whistling and booing, think finger pointing, think Molly Malone - think summer's arrived.

Another Championship - another bite of the cherry - a fruit that has been elusive for 14 years. A final chance to retain the proud record of a Sam in every decade. A chance to strike a blow for GAA in the city in a year that saw the oval ball practioners deliver unprecedented success. A chance to redeem the heartache of recent years - to finally overcome the Kingdom, or maybe put the second city in their place or to restore the old order over our Ulster johnny-come-latelys, or maybe to put right that horrendous day in 2006 when the Green and Red prevailed or maybe to overcome the Tribesmen - as has been our God-given right.

But first there is the fly swatting exercise of overcoming a county stepped with heroes of the past but very short on anything approaching a real challenge. Now sadly, nearly men - or nearly, nearly men. The Arsenal if you like - full of exuberant youth with much potential - but never getting there ... And the realistic Royals fan knows it but the first step is admitting it .... after that it's one season at a time.

So the first step on a likely annexation of the Delaney Cup for the 5th year in a row. Hopefully a first step in a journey that will end in triumph on the third Sunday in September.

Then and only then, will the world be right again. Recession and depression will dissipate, smiles will appear, wealth and jobs will abound, the skies will be as blue as the ribbons that adorn Sam - as he enters the door of the Mansion House and sighs 'Ah! It's good to be home ......'
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu May 28, 2009 12:12 pm

And then you get knocked out by Tyrone in the qualifiers Razz
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu May 28, 2009 12:26 pm

Administrator wrote:And then you get knocked out by Tyrone in the qualifiers Razz

is that before or after he wakes up with his head in his cornflakes??????????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu May 28, 2009 12:36 pm

bocerty wrote:
Administrator wrote:And then you get knocked out by Tyrone in the qualifiers Razz

is that before or after he wakes up with his head in his cornflakes??????????

Suspect

I was wondering what you were on about there
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Countdown - Day 5

The sky in the capital is as blue as the jerseys on the heroes backs! Small children solo their footballs up and down the roads throughout the metropolis. In their heads they are Jayo (the other one!), Whelo, Alan B or Shane as they whack another one past the hapless Brendan Murphy. Only the sound of breaking glass and the shouts of 'Ya little bo**ix' interrupt their dreams - as they move at even greater pace away from the scene of their latest score.

They dream of Sunday - when their summer will begin - even though school is not out for another 3 weeks. The crushing disappointment of Rome and the lighweight Madrid bound fraudster will be gone. Drico's spring escapades and happy days in Croker followed by the Leinster heroics there have whetted their sporting thirst. Now the decks are cleared for the appearance of the Arnotts emblazoned boys in blue! While some schoolfriends side with Munster (bah! Cork fathers!) and many a row develops over Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U or Leeds ( Laughing ) - they are all at one on this one - it's Dublin!!

They will wake up early and the day's attire will be a no-brainer - the most revered jersey in the GAA - the Dublin blue, complete with 3 castles and favourite player adorning the back! Today they will dress like Dad! The frosties will be walloped back and the morning will drag until the auld fella says 'Are ya right, son?'. 'Tickets, Da?' the little fella will say as he grabs his hat and flag. His mother has a tear in her eye as she hands him some tin foil - no lads not what you're thinking - just a few simple sandwiches! She waves them goodbye - happy in the knowledge that the remote is hers for the day!! cheers Time to watch Eastenders and Fair City - again!

The lad and the Dad head for the bus - no point in taking the car says the Da - my Da always brought me on the bus! The perils of drink driving! 'Tickets, Da?' asks the young lad again! They arrive in Drumcondra in plenty of time - when you have kids in tow you will always be on time! The young lad never ceases to be in awe of the colour and the crowds. He doesn't mind the Ulster teams - except they always beat the Dubs but he can never understand a word they say. Meath he isn't sure about but all his cousins live there now - the other Leinster counties he has come to feel sorry for. And Mayo - well he'll never forgive them. His Dad had told him two years ago that the last time Mayo beat Dublin dinosaurs roamed around Ballybough. Then they beat Dublin - the worst day of his life.....

But hope springs eternal in the human breast ... and in the eyes of children. This year will be the year. No doubt - his Dad says so .... and his uncles. His Kerry teacher says different but pretty and all as she is - what would she, a girl, know! He looks forward to the lads bringing Sam to the school in September when he can turn to Ms O'Shea and say ... 'Dubs for Sam - Kerry for the holidays!'
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:48 am

Laughing very good jayo, ya summed up it brilliantly! except for the bit about the mothers, you obvously haven't met my mother yet, ya'd hear her 300 yards down the road screaming at the telly! and the language! but she did do the sandwich thing! ahhhhh cannot wait for sunday! i decided to work a late shift sat night to make sure there's no sick tummys sunday morning! early start in croker. im hopin the weathers good, i've missed meagher's " beer " garden. not to mention quinn's! ah the times dragging now, i must try stop thinkin bout them!
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:32 am

Very good JC. Loved the tin-foil bit especially Very Happy

It would almost make you like the Dubs .... almost I said Wink
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:22 am

ohhhhh! todays the day!

UP THE DUBS!
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:05 am

Meath's best chance is a low scoring game where scores are at a premium. If its fifteen versus fifteen, then we won't live with the dubs for a full seventy minutes - or at least I'd be very surprised if we do! We must dominate midfield, more possession equals more likelihood of scores (by Loyal2TheRoyal's law) and I think there is every chance we will. Brian Meade will act as a third midfielder I reckon, maybe even play in the half back line, we are weak down the centre there. I think we'll also win the majority of breaking ball round the middle but if it goes wrong there, then we got no chance. Caoimhin King will come out around the half-forward line leaving two inside, Farrell and Ward, maybe Farrell and Bray. If we can isolate a couple of the new lads in the FB line, our lads will destroy them, two versus two. Defensively, we are strong too, Moyles will pick up a Brogan (he plays club football with them) and Reilly should do well on a player like Davoren. I can see us winning if all goes to plan. A scrappy game would suit us, stop Dublin from running. Meath by a point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down