GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did McMenamin Spit at O'Se???

+7
holymoly
bocerty
Jayo Cluxton
lino_de_legend
Swinford2009
bald eagle
RMDrive
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Did McMenamin Spit at O'Se??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did McMenamin Spit at O'Se???

Post  old98! Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Forde - Hate all the hype about him and all the Wexford fans saying that he would get into ANY team in Ireland. The fact is he wouldnt.
Reading on another forum before they played Armagh in the NFL, they were saying when does the likes of Clarke or Gooch score 4-5 in a match? - Erm, Henderson just scored 4-3 in his League debut. Go back to your hurling

think this is a little unfair on him he himself never actually said
he would make any time in ireland did he? its mostly band wagon
football fans say this about mattie not supporters who have followed wexford football even in the hard times. so i think your wrong. matty is class but there is better. but dont think any manager or county supporters would turn him away from there team. i would find it hard to believe you would want him lining out with stevie mac. cause id love it the other way around. Very Happy Very Happy
old98!
old98!
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

wexford
Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Post  Armaghgeddon Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:41 pm

I dont think he would make the Tyrone, Kerry or Armagh team to be perfectly honest. But any other team yes there is a very good chance her would.

I dont hate Matty Forde as a player, but if people continously go on and on about a player the more I go off them. The true GAA fans would realise that he is a pretty good forward...but a little over rated?
Armaghgeddon
Armaghgeddon
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:47 am

RM! kevin bonner????? right i know hes not one of the best, but i wouldnt say he mouths off!
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:49 am

lino_de_legend wrote:RM! kevin bonner????? right i know hes not one of the best, but i wouldnt say he mouths off!

Listen, I never said they made sense!!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:07 pm

Jayo

i would be interested to hear more of yur opinion on Dooher - to say he is not a good sportsman is interesting i am curious though as to what makes you say that. Basketball
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Can I just say how disgusted I am at some of the Tyrone supportes on the other side applauding him for the way he acted, going so far to call him an 'legend'. I'm so scundered by the way LP are performing as well, hardly anything of what I am saying is getting published and if they do they change it so much I hardly recognise the post. I said 3 thing that are fact and they weren't posted:

1. Ricey grabbed Paul Galivn in the genitals
2. He appeared to spit in Mark o Sés face
3. He held Mark O Sé by the throat- this was in full colour half the height of the Irish News on thursday so there was no denying it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:12 pm

I agree totally with you Niamh. McMenamin was always a dirty player and he needs to be discplined now after what he did. the tyrone fans shouldnt be applauding him after what he did. I dont hate McMenamin but i dont like him eiher Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:03 pm

bocerty wrote:Jayo

i would be interested to hear more of yur opinion on Dooher - to say he is not a good sportsman is interesting i am curious though as to what makes you say that. Basketball

Boc

Only seeing this now. Firstly, as a player he's awesome. Great engine, can kick points, pops up all over the field and never gives less than 100%.

On the down side I feel he lets himself down as I have seen him go to ground too easy an awful lot. Thought his antics v Westmeath last year were poor. You could say lots of guys are at it and they are but in my mind Dooher is a great player and doesn't need to do this. His ability will give him the edge over opponents without resorting to the tricks.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:17 pm

He did spit and to be honest I'm not surprised.He is a dirty player I think the Tyrone folk will even admit to that.He has his opposition scared stiff of him.
Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Maigh Eo wrote:He did spit and to be honest I'm not surprised.He is a dirty player I think the Tyrone folk will even admit to that.He has his opposition scared stiff of him.
Shocked
on what basis are you saying he spat on another player? Were you at the game? Do you have secret footage that the rest of us haven't seen?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:14 pm

I know he spat cause I saw the pictures and because he's spat on players before.I also know a couple of players he has either threatened or spat on even in non-competitive matches.

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Maigh Eo wrote:I know he spat cause I saw the pictures and because he's spat on players before.I also know a couple of players he has either threatened or spat on even in non-competitive matches.
What pictures? this one?Did McMenamin Spit at O'Se??? - Page 2 1kerry11

As I have highlighted earlier all this picture can be taken in several ways and it would be just as easy to argue that O'Se has spat on McMenamin.
What players has he spat on before? Little "stories" don't constitute proof. If I were to say that Ronan McGarrity spat on a player would you feel that was ok?

Last edited by RMDrive on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:45 pm

McMenanmin - a gentleman both on and off the pitch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Maigh Eo wrote:I know he spat cause I saw the pictures and because he's spat on players before.I also know a couple of players he has either threatened or spat on even in non-competitive matches.

He's not a nice guy that's for sure. I don't get it meself. He doesn't strike fear into me!

He is a good player but when he finishes he will be remembered for all the bad stuff - probably as it should be!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:21 am

He isnt setting a good example. For starters, if he is only getting a 6 week ban other players are going to do the same it going to spread throughout football like a virus. Gaelic football is becoming soccerized.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:34 am

Admin, most other player has a thing Ricey doesn't...dignity.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:01 am

Jayo i take your point about Dooher in the Westmeath game but in my eyes that was an isolated incident i have watched Dooher take a lot of abuse playing for his club and never once did he go to ground and very rarely did he retaliate, i don't mean to be picky but not that long ago (on a different board which will remain nameless)you were talking about how great Sean Cavanagh was and a gentleman etc etc he would go to ground alot quicker than Dooher ever would - not that long ago he was the Ronaldo of gaelic football - jesus the man would have fallen over at the drop of a hat writhing about as if he had been shot.

Your entitled to your opinion but i think your being a tad harsh on Dooher. pale

Any Mr Mayo - ricey did not spit at O' Se - even O'Se came out and admitted that himself.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:22 pm

Boc I think he's a great player and don't mean to be harsh but I know there were a few other times when I squirmed at his actions. And now that you mention it Big Seán has gone down a bit quick a few times too. Maybe its a Tyrone thing! Twisted Evil

Seriously though I wish all this kind of diving, acting, goading and messing would leave our games and they'd go back to the way they were - a game for men played by men.

I also feel Tyrone are an exceptional football team and above most others, they don't need this kind of stuff to succeed and are just giving people excuses to throw crap at them.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2