GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'10 000th Post'

4 posters

Go down

'10 000th Post' Empty ''10 000th Post''

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu May 14, 2009 3:34 pm

the post count is on 9956.

I'm sure someone amongst us is watching it very carefull to ensure they can post the
10 000th message.

well it probably won't be me! so why don't we allpost our own 10 000th post message here Wink

Thank you to GAA Tipster and all on board for this revolutionary site that has inspired me in times of difficulty, cheered me up in times of sadness, made me laugh when I was tempted to cry, gave me a place to talk about the sports I love, along with much much more - even when at times it feels like I am so far away from my beloved Tipperary hurling and the GAA world. It's been a great first few months, roll on the Championship and let's have many more years of laughs, tears and debates with the GAA Tipster gang. Each and every one of you are friends in a way - best site on the web. UP TIPP. SP.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

'10 000th Post' Empty Re: '10 000th Post'

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu May 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Getting involved in this site was the worst move of my life. I had peace, tranquility and calm - now I have bedlam, angst and agitation!

I have watched as a small child has grown into a toddler and brought all the associated problems - teething, cleaning up pooey messes, hand feeding, placating and dealing with tantrums and small civil wars - not to mention the constant changes - and we're not talking nappies!!

It has taken up more of my time than I thought and I have become involved with some very unsavoury characters through the medium of cyberspace - many of whom could feature highly on Interpol for all I know!

I have argued and cajoled with people who I fundamentally disagree with on most things except the need to inhale and exhale air every 10 seconds or so. I have suffered at the hands of an Adminstrator who treats me with as much decency as a despot would treat a 10 year old making Nike runners in a sweat shop in Asia, I have risen to Royal bait sporadically, cheered an anonymous Belfast marathon runner, advised on personal issues and won almost every quiz.

I have attempted to wind-up, to amuse, to initiate good debate and to contribute to debate initiated by others.

And I am bloody sick of it!

Nah - not really! But seriously folks - we could do with stepping up the interaction here. Admin and others behind the scenes are putting in a lot of work and time behind the scenes - and its to give to the member the best site you can possibly have! All you have to do is contribute! It shouldn't be all about taking part in competitions - there is more to the site than that. Sorry if this seems a bit like a lecture but thats cos it is!!!

ps Good post Sammy!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

'10 000th Post' Empty following on

Post  rich dublin Thu May 14, 2009 5:28 pm

i remember the day i first heard about this new exciting revelution, it was in feb, i was on another site, trying to stem the tide of repultion that was coming from the posts and the questions where asked, where is JC? well then suddenly a post appear that held a subliminal message, i e-mailed JC to see if he was behind this he gave me a ling, or was that wink, not sure but anyway there it was before me like the grand canion or some other wonderfull sight. GaaTipster, i was reborn, my head was cleared, here was all the respected members of the internet Gaa fraternaty that i had missed, JC, arrmaghgeddon, MMM, Loyal, Niamh, RMD, Liam JimWexford and so many many more brilliant people that i had missed not reading there posts, Oh I WAS IN HEAVEN!!!!!

Then I realised that my life was pretty sad when i got that excited about a bunch of posts from people i never met on the internet with no idea who was the people in the other side of the screen posting these messages. At than point i Cried Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Then i realised that the reason i was so happy was not because my life was so bad but because the alternative to reading these posts was WORK, god i hate WORK so happy days i was happy again cheers cheers cheers

now theres loads of posts, loads of comps, and posters who are funny, witty, brilliant and down right abusive in different stages ofcourse and to be honest Work has never been more fun.........................................................
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2009 7:26 pm

MMM nailed the 10,000th post. I had the 10,001st, I feel so robbed.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Thu May 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Don't worry Loyal, there's always the 20,000th! Wink
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down