GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Big 'Un - Leinster v Munster

+3
Shinners
bocerty
Jayo Cluxton
7 posters

Go down

The Big 'Un - Leinster v Munster Empty The Big 'Un - Leinster v Munster

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Right! The ticket is secured, lower deck Cusack, halfway line, halfway up – couldn’t have printed a better forgery! The weather is due to be good and the stadium will be buzzing. We will have the hordes of mighty Munster men trying to take over Croke Park – making a change from the Gaelic Munster folk – and the nosebleed D4 brigade who get light headed on crossing the Liffey. And then we have the Lunsters – those confused and treacherous Eastcoasters who have jumped on the red bandwagon!!

So who will prevail? Form says Munster who have been there, done that and have the tee-shirt – twice! Seven Lions (sympathies to Tomás) and the complementary brilliance of Howlett, Mafi and Warwick make for an awesome side. Whereas once their pack smashed teams to the floor and rolled over them to the line, the backs now bob, weave and conjure magic in crossing the whitewash. O’Gara is one of the best conductors in the world and Strings will not weaken the side at all. Mentally they are never beaten – nor are they often beaten on the scoreboard.

And what of their ‘softy’ fellow countrymen – once a team of dancing brilliance but brittle minds? Well now the pack rumbles and the backs defend instead of dancing. Contempomi blows hot and cold but mostly cold against Munster – and God still fills a blue shirt – more so than in the past! And the charges of mental frailty were put to bed in the quarter final – for now!

2006 was an embarrassing spanking for the men of Leinster so revenge will be foremost in their mind. Have they got the liathróidí to exact retribution? Yes I think so. Have they got the players to do it? No, I don’t think so! Man for man, Munster hold all the aces. Experience, guile, craft, confidence, drive and determination – all factors that fall in Munster’s favour I reckon.

So while it will not be a repeat of 2006, I still expect Munster to prevail with a little to spare!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

The Big 'Un - Leinster v Munster Empty Re: The Big 'Un - Leinster v Munster

Post  Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:44 pm

If Munster are tuned in and focused then 100% without doubt they will win. Leinster have some very talented players, BOD, Darcy, Elsom, Conters, Fitzgerald and some decent grafters , Cullen, Jennings, CJ but for all that try, Maifi, Howlett, POC, Warwick, ROG, Wally, Quinny, Donnacha, Bull, Jerry, and the boy wonder Earls. If Munster lose this they will have beaten themselves and Dumpster (McGahan) will be for the chop. I can genuinely see absolutely no way Lesinter can win unless Munster bottle it, and this team has more bottle than the Ballygowan factory!

JC, ye may have GOD, but down here, God wars Paul O'Connell Pyjamas!

Allez les Rouges Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 01, 2009 10:57 pm

I'll be heading up meself from Luimneach in the morning. I really hope Munster do it.Jayzus I'm as nervous as looking forward to it equally. I like the way it was put today on the radio. Munster are a Team who will put themselves on the line for each other. Leinster a a professional rugby team. Do you think that the Leinster boys would "die" for each other? Hardly. Munster men will. I think that's what made the difference in the Irish team this year. I dunno. I reckon Leinster have a good chance of winning tomorrow. Why not? they've made it this far. See you all here tomorrow night with the result. COME ON MUNSTER!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri May 01, 2009 11:04 pm

Can't say I know too much about either team but it has all the makings of a good match. Munster did give the Ospreys a bit of a tanking in the previous round but surely Leinster will have thier homework done - the last thing they want is trench warfare against the Munster pack.

Could it come down to who has their kicking boots on, could it be the Munster boys have too many eyes on the forthcoming Lions tour???

Looking forward to it anyway.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat May 02, 2009 2:00 am

Redemption wrote:I'll be heading up meself from Luimneach in the morning. I really hope Munster do it.Jayzus I'm as nervous as looking forward to it equally. I like the way it was put today on the radio. Munster are a Team who will put themselves on the line for each other. Leinster a a professional rugby team. Do you think that the Leinster boys would "die" for each other? Hardly. Munster men will. I think that's what made the difference in the Irish team this year. I dunno. I reckon Leinster have a good chance of winning tomorrow. Why not? they've made it this far. See you all here tomorrow night with the result. COME ON MUNSTER!!!!

As a Leinster man I hope we win but I admire Munster greatly. Guess we're looking for redemption!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Sat May 02, 2009 7:43 pm

Go on Leinster!!! cheers cheers
Have to admit, when Healy got sin-binned then Contepomi went off I thought Leinster hadn't much chance but they totally pulled it out of the bag.
O'Callaghan was nowhere to be found, O'Gara had a mare of a second half, the only time Hayes was visible was when he was walking off after being substituted. Too many munster men didn't perform, each and every Leinster man stood up and was counted.
O'Driscoll really put his disappointment of not being names Lions captain behind him and O'Connell seemed to be slightly distracted.
All in all, very enjoyable game.
Go on Leinster!!! cheers cheers
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat May 02, 2009 11:02 pm

Good to see the wheels fall off the Munster bandwagon, wouldn't be suprised if they follow Leinster from now on. Leinster!Leinster!Leinster!Leinster!

They might start singing the fields of Athenry as well even though they are in Galway.

Last edited by clash-of-da-ash on Sun May 03, 2009 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2009 12:03 am

A totally deserved win for Leinster. Beat us off the field. No excuses. Better team won. I'm fair sickened. Got a right slagging of the Leinster fans up there. Got to take the bad with the good I guess. Munster Forever..!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun May 03, 2009 12:25 am

An absolutely awesome occasion! Made me proud to be Irish - walking into our great GAA stadium with a world record 82,000 fans side by side and not a cross word said! An unbelievable atmosphere - fantastic seats - and commitment like you wouldn't believe.

In fairness to Leinster the ladyboy tagged is buried forever. I am a great admirer of Munster but too many guys failed to show today - they had a bad day at the office - it happens. They are not bad players overnight.

I just hope to God that Leinster complete the job now. But this evening will live long in my memory.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Sun May 03, 2009 1:02 am

Go on Leinster...fantastic victory. beat Munster at Munster's own game and it was great to see Ronan O'Gara kept quiet after the way he treated Contepomi and the Leinster fans in 2006!

Gonna get myself a season ticket for next year, had been mulling over it but todays match made my decision for me

Come on Leinster, finish the job and make it an even better year for Irish Rugby
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun May 03, 2009 1:20 am

Swinford2009 wrote:Go on Leinster...fantastic victory. beat Munster at Munster's own game and it was great to see Ronan O'Gara kept quiet after the way he treated Contepomi and the Leinster fans in 2006!

Gonna get myself a season ticket for next year, had been mulling over it but todays match made my decision for me

Come on Leinster, finish the job and make it an even better year for Irish Rugby

What about your native province Connacht!!!!!!!!!!!
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun May 03, 2009 4:40 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Could to see the wheels fall off the Munster bandwagon, wouldn't be suprised if they follow Leinster from now on. Leinster!Leinster!Leinster!Leinster!

They might start singing the fields of Athenry as well even though they are in Galway.

Its clear that Galway playing in Leinster this year has re-juvinated the entire region Wink

Lets hope this is the end of the Munster bandwagon and all the nauseating shite that goes with it
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun May 03, 2009 5:34 pm

mossbags wrote:Its clear that Galway playing in Leinster this year has re-juvinated the entire region Wink

lol!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down