GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea V Barcelona

3 posters

Go down

Chelsea V Barcelona Empty Chelsea V Barcelona

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Just getting this ready for tonight!!!

This one is hard to call. Chelsea's Ashley Cole is suspended, and Carvalho is Injured, so their defence is weakened, with Bosingwa covering for Cole. John Terry though is back and he will give some substance to the defence anyway. Deco is out injured in midfield. As far as I know, Barca have a full squad to choose from. Messi has been a formidable force really throughout the chmapions league and has scored 8 goals in 9 matches for Barca. Xavi will be a force too against lampard in midfield. One would have to go for a Barcelona win, but i think Chelsea have the heart and determination not to mention the skill to make it 3-2 by the end of the night,

Essie's Verdict:
Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Chelsea V Barcelona Empty Re: Chelsea V Barcelona

Post  mid-mon man Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:54 pm

Chelsea win at the Nou Camp? Very doubtful I think. Fair play to them if they do it but can't see it happening. Cole(as much as he's a little bollox) is a bit loss to them and I can see Messi having a field day on Bosingwa. They've been scoring for fun in recent times and are capable of tearing Chelsea to pieces tonight. Even Chelsea fans I know would be happy just to lose 2-1 and get the away goal back to London.

3-1 to the Catalans.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:56 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Chelsea win at the Nou Camp? Very doubtful I think. Fair play to them if they do it but can't see it happening. Cole(as much as he's a little bollox) is a bit loss to them and I can see Messi having a field day on Bosingwa. They've been scoring for fun in recent times and are capable of tearing Chelsea to pieces tonight. Even Chelsea fans I know would be happy just to lose 2-1 and get the away goal back to London.

3-1 to the Catalans.

Chelsea won at Anfield MMM, so if they won there, surely they can win in the Nou Camp-i'd like to see them won tbh, even though i'm a leeds supporter.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:57 pm

7 goal thriller but not telling ye the score ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:58 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:7 goal thriller but not telling ye the score ...

That's the easy way out........3-2 Chelsea Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:27 pm

Tensions building....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Tis gonna be a 2-1 win for Barcelona.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Very boring match apart from Drogbas chance and couple from Barca (Henry and Messi). It's reallyis a game littered with mistakes, wayward shots and fouls. Hope second half is better. There will be a red card before 90 minutes I would say.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:35 pm

I say 3-0 to Barca. Chelsea don't look in any danger of scoring bar that one time with Drogba and at the minutes are feeding off Barcas mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Expected a much better game alright, but sure with these teams it can change very quick. Barca completely dominating, and yet Chelsea had the best chance due to a silly mistake. Would have been a vital goal and totally against the run of play, Chelsea would have been well placed to go on and win and be in pole position to go through to the final. But I still think Barca will win tonight and I'd expect to see a goal fairly early in the second half.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:44 pm

I think it is becoming very like the Arsenal v Liverpool game last week, poor enough 1st half, but 2nd half was immense! Chelsea are like Arsenal and Barca like the Pool, feeding off the scraps of the mistakes of the other team but will likely end up a draw.

The game isn't flowing at all because it seems all 20 outfield players are just following it up and down the pitch, we could be in for a long 45 minutes. Also, credit to the referee, not falling for (excuse the pun...Twisted Evil ) the diving.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Wow this has been disappointing. That was a penalty though. I can see Barcelona scoring before the match is out though-Beletti maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:29 pm

This has been an awful game, probably feels worse because I expected a good game. Very negative, at times Chelsea had their whole team in the box!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:32 pm

What a miss......oh what could have been.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Dreadful shtuff by hleb

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:36 pm

Barca should have the whole tie wrapped up by now, instead Chelsea are now in the driving seat.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:37 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Barca should have the whole tie wrapped up by now, instead Chelsea are now in the driving seat.

One has to question how barca will win at stamford bridge. I cant see it can you MMM?

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:49 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
mid-mon man wrote:Barca should have the whole tie wrapped up by now, instead Chelsea are now in the driving seat.

One has to question how barca will win at stamford bridge. I cant see it can you MMM?

I certainly can! Think it'll be a more open game at Stamford Bridge, which will suit Barca. I actually think they'll be able to play with more freedom away from home in this particular tie.

Who gets the first goal will be crucial, and I'm sure there'll be a few goals after tonight's borefest. If Barca score first then Chelsea will have to go at them to score 2, leaving themselves open at the back for Barca to exploit. If Chelsea score first they're liable to sit back and defend the lead, but at the same time would have to maybe look for a second as conceding only 1 would leave Barca in front.

Having said all this Barca have injury problems at the back where they're already weak. Chelsea will have players back and their home crowd will spur them on. Chelsea are rightly favourites now, and I hope they win myself, but I just feel Barca have something up their sleeve.
I just hope it's a better game to be honest!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:04 pm

mid-mon man wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

I certainly can! Think it'll be a more open game at Stamford Bridge, which will suit Barca. I actually think they'll be able to play with more freedom away from home in this particular tie.

Who gets the first goal will be crucial, and I'm sure there'll be a few goals after tonight's borefest. If Barca score first then Chelsea will have to go at them to score 2, leaving themselves open at the back for Barca to exploit. If Chelsea score first they're liable to sit back and defend the lead, but at the same time would have to maybe look for a second as conceding only 1 would leave Barca in front.

Having said all this Barca have injury problems at the back where they're already weak. Chelsea will have players back and their home crowd will spur them on. Chelsea are rightly favourites now, and I hope they win myself, but I just feel Barca have something up their sleeve.
I just hope it's a better game to be honest!

Barcelona dominated them tonight and will be dreadfully disappointed that they didnt score, especially at home. Chelsea had a few injuries though, and barca had a full strength squad, so maybe that has to be taken into consideration-but really chelsea should have done more. Their defnce was good though, dealt with pressure well. Carvalho and A Cole should be back though, and this shoud rejuvenate the team a small bit though. Cech made a great save, and he truly is a star player. I just have this gut feeling that Chelsea will win. Chelsea i feel want it more. Barca have one it in 2006, and Chelsea whove never won it-theres more passion there for Chelsea.
Especially at home though, maybe it'd suit barca too, but chelsea at home with their fans shouting for them will be a great motivation for them and i think that they will want to rectify wat could have been V ManU last year.

I say a Chelsea win, but Anything could happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Great shape to Chelsea tonight. Not their job to attack and entertain. Defence was excellent - reminded me a bit of Oirland in our heyday - not letting anyone settle and puttin 'em under pressure. Barca will probably score in London but I think Chelsea will score more - Barca defence will not cope with pressure and occasion the way Chelski did tonight.

ps Why was Fabio Capello there? Only one Englishman to watch for the last half hour - gas!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:13 pm

[quote="Jayo Cluxton"]Great shape to Chelsea tonight. Not their job to attack and entertain. Defence was excellent - reminded me a bit of Oirland in our heyday - not letting anyone settle and puttin 'em under pressure. Barca will probably score in London but I think Chelsea will score more - Barca defence will not cope with pressure and occasion the way Chelski did tonight.

ps Why was Fabio Capello there? Only one Englishman to watch for the last half hour - gas![/
quote]

Trying to look for talent i'd say-not that there was much to go by tonight-except for defence, but sure theres no english players there anyway!!! Maybe just an average spectator watching an average game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:15 pm

[quote="EstherMayo1951"]
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Great shape to Chelsea tonight. Not their job to attack and entertain. Defence was excellent - reminded me a bit of Oirland in our heyday - not letting anyone settle and puttin 'em under pressure. Barca will probably score in London but I think Chelsea will score more - Barca defence will not cope with pressure and occasion the way Chelski did tonight.

ps Why was Fabio Capello there? Only one Englishman to watch for the last half hour - gas![/
quote]

Trying to look for talent i'd say-not that there was much to go by tonight-except for defence, but sure theres no english players there anyway!!! Maybe just an average spectator watching an average game.
scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:25 pm

Probably to have a look at Lampard and Terry and he probably couldn't say no to a free trip.

I think Chelsea showed tonight how to mark Messi put someone on him who has pace and who will stick with him for the match and get stuck in.

I can see a repeat of last years final. I'd say the Arsenal v Man United match will be tighter than the second leg at the bridge.

Chelsea to go through 3-1 on agg and Man United to go through 2-0 on Agg.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:10 am

[quote="Jayo Cluxton"]
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Great shape to Chelsea tonight. Not their job to attack and entertain. Defence was excellent - reminded me a bit of Oirland in our heyday - not letting anyone settle and puttin 'em under pressure. Barca will probably score in London but I think Chelsea will score more - Barca defence will not cope with pressure and occasion the way Chelski did tonight.

quote]

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down