GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship

5 posters

Go down

Given Galway and Kilkennys dominance, should Leinster be seeded?

Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship Tag1033%Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship Tag10 33% 
[ 1 ]
Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship Tag1067%Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship Tag10 67% 
[ 2 ]
Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship Tag100%Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship Tag10 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship Empty Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship

Post  mossbags Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Galway and Kilkenny light years ahead of the rest. It's being mooted in the Munster football with Kerry and Cork and I believe it is inevitable in Leinster hurling too. Not good for the lesser counties to reach a final where they haven't a prayer in hell
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship Empty Re: Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship

Post  Parouisa Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Totally agree - 100% yes. Maybe we should join with the Yellow Bellies and the Biffos ...... Dubwexaly???
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship Empty Re: Has the time come to seed the Leinster Championship

Post  North Side Gael Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:21 pm

I believe Dublin are on a power with galway and kk on their day! seed 1

Antrim on power with offaly/wexford on their day seed 2

laois on power with carlow & westmeath. seed 3

3 groups of three, top teams and best runner up into semis!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:04 am

Love the fact that there is no 'NO' option! Mossy on fire here and showing the way for future polls!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Lingskongiddy Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:52 am

Is it accurate to call it the Leinster championship anymore.

Lingskongiddy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Lingskongiddy wrote:Is it accurate to call it the Leinster championship anymore.

I think this was the last year of the trial of antrim and galway being in there, they wont change it though, this has been a good year for leinster apart from dublins big freeze!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:11 pm

North Side Gael wrote:
Lingskongiddy wrote:Is it accurate to call it the Leinster championship anymore.

I think this was the last year of the trial of antrim and galway being in there, they wont change it though, this has been a good year for leinster apart from dublins big freeze!
There's a revue being undertaken after this season by some committee. They are unlikely to change the name at this point but I'd say their gonna have to in time. I've heard names like the Rest of Ireland Championhip or the Tri Provincial Championship bandied about. The former is too gay and the latter is too rugby sounding, ergo twice as gay. I'd favour just calling it the Bob O Keefe Championship myself.

Also it's unlikely that Leinsters hand of welcome will extend as far as u-21 and minor sides from outside Leinster. What they will grant however is the rights of Galway and Antrim to play home games. Proper order too
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down