GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Referee Dies During Derry Championship Match

+5
GAA-Fan
Grenvile
hurlingguru
Jayo Cluxton
bald eagle
9 posters

Go down

Referee Dies During Derry Championship Match Empty Referee Dies During Derry Championship Match

Post  bald eagle Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:21 am

On Friday night Derry GAA lost a stalwart and i lost a dear friend. Martin Mulholland, 58, passed away at the start of the second half in the Derry Senior Hurling Championship Q/f between Ballinasreen and Lynches in Swatragh. He was briefly brought round by the defrib machine at the ground but could not be saved.

Martin was briliant to my family and i during times of grief and my thoughts are with his family.

I had flown home with my wife this afternoon (Friday) and was thinking of going to watch that game and take her to her first ever hurling match, thank God i didnt. The news has left me devastated and is bringing back so many horrible memories, but the one thing i knew about Martin was that he loved hurling and if he could have chosen how to go then this way would have been it.

Goodbye my dear friend, thanks for everything and my you Rest in Peace.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Referee Dies During Derry Championship Match Empty Re: Referee Dies During Derry Championship Match

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:30 am

Very sad to hear BE. May he RIP.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Referee Dies During Derry Championship Match Empty Re: Referee Dies During Derry Championship Match

Post  hurlingguru Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:24 am

Ar Dheis Dé Go Raibh a Anam. May he Rest In Peace.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:32 am

Sorry to hear of your loss BE. Our thoughts are with his family. RIP.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Very sad news may he RIP.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:21 pm

sorry to hear of the loss of your friend BE - deepest sympathies to all his family.

May he rest in peace.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Sad news - RIP. Tremendous courage and dedication to be still refereeing at such a high level at that age too.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:42 pm

Deepest sympathies BE.

Whilst it may not make things any easier for friends and family in the immediate aftermath, take heart in that he went whilst doing something he loved.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:49 pm

My thoughts are with you at this time BE- May your friend RIP Sad
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down