GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King George

5 posters

Go down

King George Empty King George

Post  mossbags Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Nathaniel is the interesting one here. John Gosden knows the time of day and has supplemented this one at a cost of 75k. He has excellent form lines with the likes of Frankel and Treasure Beach, and will be recieving 10 pounds from the rest. He won the King Edward VII lto over c&d so won't have any issues with the track, the same cannot be guaranteed for the short priced favourite Workforce. Rewildling and SNA really make this one of the races of the year but at 7/1 Nathaniels odds look too big
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

King George Empty Re: King George

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Absolutely no idea what's going to happen here - mouth-watering clash in prospect with the big three all represesented: Coolmore, Godolphin and Juddmonte. O'Brien, Al Zarooni and Stoute.

You're right Mossbags, the 3yos get big allowances but sometimes that dosen't take full effect until later in the year, e.g. Arc. Nathienel is a good horse but this is his first run at the top level, and it'd be a disappointment for me anyway, if this race isn't fought out by the obvious contenders.

Rewilding is the one horse who has surprised me most this season. Never thought he had two big Group Ones in him. A lot of punters saying he's need to be fresh to be at his best but a month to get over the exertions of Royal Ascot should be enough.

Workforce's run last year was forgettable - and still unexplained. The softer conditions are percieved to be to his liking though I don't think it gives him that much advantage. He dosen't win tomorrow, then the whole point of bringing him back as a 4yo will rest on his Arc claims. Tomorrow's run could be worth millions in his first season as a stallion.

St. Nicholas Abbey. Only one Ballydoyle horse ever impressed me more at two and that was the ill-fated George Washington. Good to see SNA back against the best after his three year old campaign. If they go a good clip, he can't be far away.

A race to savour.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:05 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

Rewilding is the one horse who has surprised me most this season.
I am a huge Rewildlng fan, fairly sure I tipped him for Epsom on here last year ahead of Workforce and he's been unlucky for me from a betting perspective but I love the horse all the same. I love the way he seems to take an age to get it together and when he gets it right he is lethal. Just ask Coolmores latest wonderhorse who he beat over 10f.

If anything he'll be better still tomorrow over 12. My tip for Nathaniel is based on that ones potential for improvement more than anything, but I'd be in the same bracket, if he does actually win it won't say much about the Flat the last couple of years.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:38 pm

Oh my goodness - what an anti-climax!

Well Nathienal picks up the pieces but very unsatisfactory result for me. Still, first 3yo in eight years to win the race. Fair achievement.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Oh my goodness - what an anti-climax!

Well Nathienal picks up the pieces but very unsatisfactory result for me. Still, first 3yo in eight years to win the race. Fair achievement.

anti-climax is right

although the lack of early pace didn't help.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Well done Moss - good call. Sad to hear of a horse dying though. They really have to think about making the fences smaller.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:47 am

Look ahead to Galway and try to win your money back Smile

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star