GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qualifiers round 3

+6
Real Kerry Fan
Jayo Cluxton
patrique
Loyal2TheRoyal
Royal_Girl2k9
bluearmy1
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Qualifiers round 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Qualifiers round 3

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Sad Just not good enough
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:03 pm

If I was a Meath fan id be pleased with the teams performance, they never gave up and did bring the game to Kildare. The only problem I though Meath had was there defence. Too many times they allowed Kildare to go forward and they ultimately paid the price for it. Was definitely one of the best games of football this year.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:08 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:If I was a Meath fan id be pleased with the teams performance, they never gave up and did bring the game to Kildare. The only problem I though Meath had was there defence. Too many times they allowed Kildare to go forward and they ultimately paid the price for it. Was definitely one of the best games of football this year.

If you were a Meath fan, you'd have been on here at 20:35 labelling Banty with all sorts of unsavoury names.

In any case, there is nothing pleasing about watching a county as big as Meath lose. Particularly as it's the fourth time in a year period which we've lost to Kildare, and arguably the best chance we had to beat them what with the game being in Navan.

As for Meath's problems. Defence were okay but the forwards were bad. Misfiring reputations was one of many, many problems.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:Sad Just not good enough

Ultimately that you are right. But to enhance the point:

Midfield - not good enough (to be fair, I was pleasantly surprised to see Kildare struggle here too)
Forwards - not good enough
Preparation - not good enough
Organisation - not good enough
Decision Making - not good enough
Leadership - not good enough
Management - not good enough

Not good enough, not good enough, not good enough..........

Four defeats to Kildare in twelve months. One visit to Croke Park in 2011.

Leinster champions to nobodys. Fact that this is being hailed as a moral victory shows where Meath are now.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

Midfield - not good enough (to be fair, I was pleasantly surprised to see Kildare struggle here too)

Leinster champions to nobodys. Fact that this is being hailed as a moral victory shows where Meath are now.

Would he not have put Peadar Byrne on for Seamus Kenny instead of Paddy O'Rourke..? Like I love Paddy I do.. But he just isn't cutting the mustard.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:26 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

Would he not have put Peadar Byrne on for Seamus Kenny instead of Paddy O'Rourke..? Like I love Paddy I do.. But he just isn't cutting the mustard.

Don't think it'd have made much difference.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:28 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:If I was a Meath fan id be pleased with the teams performance, they never gave up and did bring the game to Kildare. The only problem I though Meath had was there defence. Too many times they allowed Kildare to go forward and they ultimately paid the price for it. Was definitely one of the best games of football this year.

If you were a Meath fan, you'd have been on here at 20:35 labelling Banty with all sorts of unsavoury names.

In any case, there is nothing pleasing about watching a county as big as Meath lose. Particularly as it's the fourth time in a year period which we've lost to Kildare, and arguably the best chance we had to beat them what with the game being in Navan.

As for Meath's problems. Defence were okay but the forwards were bad. Misfiring reputations was one of many, many problems.

I thought the defence was Meaths biggest weakness. Kildare were walking there way to the goals.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

Don't think it'd have made much difference.

Peadar Byrne plays a game which isn't that different from Kenny. That's where we lost most of our ball, we had no one except Joe to win the dirty ball from the kick outs.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:33 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

I thought the defence was Meaths biggest weakness. Kildare were walking there way to the goals.

Maybe.

But I thought that the half-backs for Kildare were running up the field unchallenged creating an overlap.

The Meath FB line did well.

The Meath half-back line lacked a bit a shape towards the end with all the chopping and changing.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:41 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

Maybe.

But I thought that the half-backs for Kildare were running up the field unchallenged creating an overlap.

The Meath FB line did well.

The Meath half-back line lacked a bit a shape towards the end with all the chopping and changing.

Yes I don't think Ciaran Lenehan going off injured really helped that.

I thought Mark Ward did well when he came on and I'm not a big fan of Brian Meade. Shane O'Rourke blows a bit hot and cold.

Joe did well. Didn't score but he was getting on a lot of ball.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:56 am

Meath played well but are not up to this level. You have a young lad who was almost player of the year last year but is more interested in going on the piss - not convinced about things in the camp. Gave a shadow of his performance last year - this is not good. But it happens.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:31 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:If I was a Meath fan id be pleased with the teams performance

That was very funny - if Paddy O'Rourke or Peter McDonnell logged on here, I'd say they would have enjoyed it too Laughing
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bluearmy1 Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Meath aren't in the best place at the moment it must be said. They do have good players but seem to have no coherent gameplan....as good a manager as Banty is, he seems to struggle with adaptation. Meath needed to do something different last night, and the minute the game became intense Kildare were always going to win. Anyone who faces Kildare will have to address the issue of preventing them from building momentum...because they are remarkably average without it. The most effective way of doing this is of course to keep them off the ball......quick hands and close support. Maybe Meath just weren't capable of such a disciplined tactic but I still think it would have been worth a try....rather than just throwing the sink at Kildare (again) and losing to them (again).

As for my own county....really impressive second half yet again but starting to worry at how long it takes us to get into games. Antrim are no dozers....by no means a top team but are certainly very capable of taking it to anyone on their day. I think it was a nice draw for Down, no disrespect to Antrim, because in the end it was nothing more than a good training session for what lies ahead. Conor Laverty appears to have finally hit form for us...I have never really rated him on the county setup, and after all the opposition hasn't been great, but he has been playing some really good stuff regardless.

Caolan Mooney, one of the best young players the county has ever produced, got himself a goal and really made his mark on the game. it's a pity he is going to Oz because he really does bring something new and exciting to an already creative Down attack.

Now the question is ...can we beat Cork?

In my opinion we can. Cork are strong, powerful, athletic and have expert place kickers but one thing they lack is imagination and creativity. So just like last year's AIF we have a clash between total football and raw power. As always, I believe in this Down team. I'm only a young fella but I know my football and I know a good team when I see one and this Down team has the sort of flair, creativity, and skill, that not too many others can match. Cork beat us last year by a point, they hammered us in the last 15 mins in the League . They know they have the upperhand.

I hope everyone here will be cheering for Down ....a win for us is a win for football!
bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:46 pm

Spillane was just saying that Kildare defenders outscored the starting forwards 1-4 to 0-3.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:39 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Spillane was just saying that Kildare defenders outscored the starting forwards 1-4 to 0-3.

I dont agree with Spillane. Who cares where your scores are coming from if you win and often the forwards create the space for defenders coming forward to score. This is a better victory for Kildare as they had to dig it out in a battle.Enjoyable game.Would not like to meet Kildare later.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:56 am

bluearmy1 wrote:I hope everyone here will be cheering for Down ....a win for us is a win for football!

Hey BA - you'd wanna give up the gargle lad ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3