GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leitrim V Roscommon.. Connacht S/F..Pairc Sean MacDiarmada..12/06/2011.

+4
johnnos bulls
Jayo Cluxton
mossbags
Boxtyeater
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Leitrim V Roscommon.. Connacht S/F..Pairc Sean MacDiarmada..12/06/2011. - Page 2 Empty Re: Leitrim V Roscommon.. Connacht S/F..Pairc Sean MacDiarmada..12/06/2011.

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:30 pm

The Puke wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
The Puke wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I have lumped on the 3/1 available for a Leitrim win.

Leitrim's record against Roscommon in Carrick is quite poor I am led to believe

New day, new game. Records are there to be ended.

Rolling Eyes

Connaught Champion's against Division 4 also rans when the also rans have a terrible record against them in Carrick is a no brainer as to who will win....Roscommon have far too much class for a workmanlike leitrim outfit

It is easy to say that when Roscommon are comfortably ahead.

It seemed to me that with Mickey Moran at the helm, Leitrim were a bit different this year. And indeed they are, very enthusiastic, but they are lacking a scoring threat. The numbers 10, 12, 13 and 15 would struggle to make most Meath senior club sides but they are triers at least. Must be hard for a county like Leitrim. But the win over Sligo was nice to see, and Mickey Moran is the type of manager who'll be able to make them build on it.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Leitrim V Roscommon.. Connacht S/F..Pairc Sean MacDiarmada..12/06/2011. - Page 2 Empty Re: Leitrim V Roscommon.. Connacht S/F..Pairc Sean MacDiarmada..12/06/2011.

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:36 pm

It was a big handicap playing against the wind in the first half. A team like Leitrim will always have a better chance defending a lead rather than trying to overturn a big deficit. There were also a number of Leitrim players playing without gloves which seemed odd to me.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Leitrim looked a very poor outfit today. Roscommon not a bad side at all with a decent midfield in Finneran and Mannion and quality in Shine and Kilbride up front. They should be favourites to retain their crown.

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:34 pm

The bearded wonder no doubt wending his weary way home - his beard even greyer than this morning - matching his mood. No doubt he is fulfilling the old riddle - How do ya go from Carrick to Fenagh without passing a pub? Answer - ya go into them all.

He will be damp and a little tired too - following his gallop across the field earlier. I was disappointed RTE elected not to show this as Boxty had his GT t-shirt and boxers on. The Cranes will be none the wiser of the disaster that has happened today and may wasily incur the wrath of Boxty later if they appear happy.

He will finally slink into the Abbey bar for yet another inquest into the state of Leitrim football - and it is some state. Mickey Moran's head will be called for, numerous players will be derided and the ref will be blamed - despite the hammering! By the end of the night all will be well and yet another master plan will be hatched. For next year.

Its tough being a Leitrim fan and if wasn't for all the stroking and messing and dealing it could be hell! In truth Leitrim are not a million miles away from having a good side .... just 15 players away ... Very Happy
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:38 pm

Boxty busily composing a mini tome on what went wrong - it could be a while. And all this with a gallon on board - that's two points more than Leitrim managed ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:40 pm

Where does one begin to comment on this debacle.. Question

In nearly 60 years looking at them I haven't seen a more inept performance. About 30 years ago, we shipped a hoor of a beating from Mayo in a Connacht final in Castlebar, but today's "effort" surpasses that, such was the level of ineptitude. A raggletaggle assembly of 15 (the most of whom appeared to be meeting for the 1st. time) attempted some impossible manoeuvres, gaily took the ball into contact, kicked wildly and aimlessly, lacked direction and worst of all, appeared devoid of passion....Now a lack of skill, craft or fundamental ability are excusable, but to lack pride or passion in your jersey is in-explicable.

I'm going to refrain from allocating gradings to the players and Management, principally because my current scoring chart stops at 4. I've had a few small sherries and don't wish the fullness of my anger and wrath to be here in print for me tomorrow.

Cathal McCrann in goal is exempt from this ire and even the maligned Barry Prior has had worse days.....

On the other side of it, I may have zeroed in on the problems that lay in store. Begrudgingly, Shine, Kilbride Cregg and Finneran caused the havoc....

The sun will come up in the morning, the dogs are asleep, the War Office is in full flow as the men in the traffic light jersies caused a big upset.....H'on Carlow...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:44 pm

The worst thing is Leitrim made the scum look like superstars today.
Unfookinforgivable Evil or Very Mad
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:49 pm

Roscommon are not a bad outfit at all and are better than last year. Given Mayo and Galway's continued ineptitude I expect them to annex back to back titles in Connacht.

Boxty - did Finneran's old man play senior? There are a few other lads there too that seem familiar. Is there many chips off the old block in the Ros set-up? And Kilbride reminds me of Jigger!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:49 pm

To further compound my wrath, I now find that the fooking Crane returned the tractor in the evening and scoffed (assisted no doubt by herself) the 6 tins of Heino Boxty had in the fridge for the "homecoming".......I'm not partial to semi-cold ones.

The press is winking at me...... Wink Might as well.

The Crane...Leitrim V Roscommon.. Connacht S/F..Pairc Sean MacDiarmada..12/06/2011. - Page 2 Fighti13
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:53 pm

mossbags wrote:The worst thing is Leitrim made the scum look like superstars today.

They'll take batin' in the Hyde all the same Bags...They're physically big and tough, although their backs are exploitable. They have a serious workrate and an inside line capable of doing damage...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:To further compound my wrath, I now find that the fooking Crane returned the tractor in the evening and scoffed (assisted no doubt by herself) the 6 tins of Heino Boxty had in the fridge for the "homecoming".......I'm not partial to semi-cold ones.

The press is winking at me...... Wink Might as well.

The Crane...Leitrim V Roscommon.. Connacht S/F..Pairc Sean MacDiarmada..12/06/2011. - Page 2 Fighti13

See my earlier post ... I predicted the Cranes would fook up this evening!!!

ps War Office chief suspect here. Reminds me of that fine film Blaming Cranes ... Carlow win a game - 6 Heino like sitting ducks in a fridge - what do ya think is gonna happen next! Ya should have hid them in the turkey!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
mossbags wrote:The worst thing is Leitrim made the scum look like superstars today.

They'll take batin'
They'll take one alright Boxty no problem there bud.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:00 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Boxty - did Finneran's old man play senior? There are a few other lads there too that seem familiar. Is there many chips off the old block in the Ros set-up? And Kilbride reminds me of Jigger!

Finneran's father was on the 1980 team and now that you mention it, Kilbride has the head of the Jigger on him (along with about 8 inches and 4 stones)...
Donie Shine's father was part of the Clan na Gael set up in the early 80's.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:18 am

Heard the final score of this in Breffni, tightened my hood against the rain and comforted myself with the fact that Cavan would surely not ship such a beating so I would have the upper hand with any banter with the fookers across the border.. Embarassed

I'd say Prior was one of the best of a bad bunch on the day and McKeon was doing well in patches..

Bate Longford and get Leitrim in the next round.. Twisted Evil

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:34 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Roscommon are not a bad outfit at all and are better than last year. Given Mayo and Galway's continued ineptitude I expect them to annex back to back titles in Connacht.

Boxty - did Finneran's old man play senior? There are a few other lads there too that seem familiar. Is there many chips off the old block in the Ros set-up? And Kilbride reminds me of Jigger!

Your getting old aren't ya?

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Well the wheels are well and truly off the wagon now.

johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2