GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010

+6
Dr.Shephard
massey ferguson
Jayo Cluxton
JimWexford
mossbags
Boxtyeater
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Empty Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:46 pm

The last team to enter the race for Sam begin their voyage in the intimidating atmosphere of the Hyde on Sunday.
Bereft of 4 automatic starting forwards through injury and tragedy and without the country's most consistent corner back in a decade (Mick McGuinness-injured) this is a huge ask..
Roscommon, the home of Jimmy Murray and Gerry O'Malley in previous generations, have produced more recent and noble warriors in the form of the sublime Dermot Earley, the uncompromising Harry Keegan and the mercurial Tony McManus.
The birthplace of noted musicians like Turlough O'Carolan and Brendan Shine, heavyweight politicians such as Albert Reynolds, the late Séan Doherty (coughs) and the patriarch of the Lenihan dynasty, ould' Paddy Lenihan.
To counter this imbalance we can but offer the legendary McGarty.... Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_cry
For once, Boxty is pessimistic. Everything possible has gone agin' us. the tragic loss of Philly Mc being the final catalyst..
Oh! we'll turn out in numbers, vocal as ever, and our lads will give it all - and then the rest...
Roscommon by 8-10 I'd say.. Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Empty Re: Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010

Post  mossbags Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:37 pm

Roscummon represent everything that is wrong with society today and every other day too.
Leitrim, despite the presence of some total lepjacks on anonymous GAA internet forums, are nothing if not lovable. They've had a hard time of it lately but from the very depths of their Soul they are about to unleash a furious vengeance upon the blue and yellow forces of darkness on their own turf this coming Sunday.
Leitrim by 1 Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_wink
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Empty Re: Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010

Post  JimWexford Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:40 pm

Leitrim to "exile" the sheepstealers by 4
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Enjoy Hyde Boxty - don't walk on the graves. Jayo's lineage slightly places him in a quandary here but by dint of a mile or two ... C'mon the Rossies!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  massey ferguson Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:11 am

maxwells back yahoooooooooooooooooooo Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_biggrin
massey ferguson
massey ferguson
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

leitrim
Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:49 pm

massey ferguson wrote:maxwells back yahoooooooooooooooooooo Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_biggrin

How's the form my ould' son...All good in NYC????? No further sightings of Jimmy Doyle in the Queens area....
I'd run with the following...
Lyons.
Dermot R (Annaduff)
McKeon.
Dermot R (Carrick)
McKeon (B'more)
Reynolds.
Foley.
Canning.
Beirne.
Clarke.
O'Connor.
Foley.
Cox.
Glancy (Manor).
Howard.

Much as I've maligned Barry Prior here and there I feel he may have a decent contribution to make in the half forward line but he's unlikely to start there anyway. Maxwell unlikely to start I hear, which places a big burden on your man. Very poor scoring potential among the forwards excluding Foley's free taking and the odd few from your own clubman.

I'll let you know anything of interest on here soon as I get it..Rory Dolan's on Sunday then.. Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_sunny
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Leitrim team to play Roscommon announced
Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Ball_100_news
Leitrim team v Roscommon for Connacht Senior Championship Semi Final in Hyde Park on Sunday 20th June 2010.
The Team shows 7 changes from last years team v Roscommon.
Two players make their championship debuts, Wayne Mc Keon and Ray Mulvey.
Please note the No 10 Jersey was retired in memory of Leitrim Player Phillip McGuinness.

1. Enda Lyons (Eanna De Leon) Carrigallen, Carraig Alainn

2. Daniel Beck (Domhnaill DeBeic) Mohill, Maothail
3. John McKeon (Capt) (Seán MacEoin) Drumreilly, Droim Oir Bhealaigh
4. Dermot Reynolds (Diarmuid MacRaghnaill) St Marys, Naomh Muire

5. James Glancy (Seamus MacFhlannacha) St Marys, Naomh Muire
6. Shane Foley (Seán Ó Foghlú) Kiltubrid, Cill Tiobraid
7. Wayne McKeon (Wayne MacEoin) Ballinamore Seán O'Heslins
Sean Ui Eislin

8. Tomas Beirne (Tomas Ó Beirn) Eslin, Aislinne
9. Shane Canning (Seán Ó Cainin) Mohill, Maothail

17. Colm Clarke (Colm Ó Cleirigh) Drumkeerin, Droim Caorthainn
11. David O'Connor (Daibhid Ó Conchubhair) Bornacoola, Barr na Cúille
12. Michael Foley (Michéal Ó Foghlú) Kilcock, Cill Choca

13. Ray Cox (Reamoinn Mac an Choiligh) Annaduff, Eanach Dubh
14. James Glancy (Seamus MacFhlannacha) Glencar/Manorhamilton
Gleann an Chairthe Cluainín
15. Ray Mulvey (Réamann Ó Maoilmhiaigh) St Marys, Naomh Muire

So there it is, the chosen 15. In the lap of the Gods now. Obviously not the starting 15 that I'd have gone with, but at least Management have restored Shane Foley to the half-back line.
1,2,5,13 and 15 will need to up their game to last the 70 minutes.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  massey ferguson Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:29 pm

all good in nyc boxty,no sign a jimmy i hear hes gone to oz the powders better out there i hear,big pressure on the forwards on sunday their gonna all have to up their game i think if we break even at midfield we should win by a point or two,i assume your goin boxty ill have to make do with the radio cause their showin the turkeyshoot down in munster,liatroim abu
massey ferguson
massey ferguson
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

leitrim
Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:32 pm

Well Boxty, last year you were castigating me over at the other place for being pesimistic but as always I was being realistic and I was right.
This year however, you seem to have a defeatist attitude whilst I think that our lads have a great chance.
I feel that we will be up for the match like never before (too many put in only the minimum of effort last year)
Roscommon are very poor and are there for the taking. Granted it is difficult to see where the scores are going to come from but Foley if on song will keep us in touch with frees and Glancy is always good for a couple of points and has a keen eye for goal when the oppotunity arises.
We'll still be in touch when Maxwell is sprung from the bench mid-way through the second half.
The thousands of us in attendance will roar our approval.
We'll come storming back at them and nick it by a point.

BRING ON SLIGO
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim
Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:34 pm

How will it go in midfield lads?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:44 pm

With Lyons excellent at picking his own man from the kickout I would expect us to win most of them ao if we can stop Roscommon from winning clean possesion on theirs we should come out on top. But due to our lack of scoring forwards we will need to be winning over 60% of the ball in midfield.

By the way Jayo, were you CarlJung over on that other site?
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim
Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:49 pm

Dr.Shephard wrote:By the way Jayo, were you CarlJung over on that other site?

Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Affraid Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Affraid Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Affraid ............. Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Suspect Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Suspect Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Suspect .................. Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_study Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_study Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_study Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_cool Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_cool Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_cool
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:52 pm

Dr.Shephard wrote:With Lyons excellent at picking his own man from the kickout I would expect us to win most of them ao if we can stop Roscommon from winning clean possesion on theirs we should come out on top. But due to our lack of scoring forwards we will need to be winning over 60% of the ball in midfield.

The Doc has nailed it here...The corner men are suspect. Cox, though, may have a blinder, he's a bit of a streak merchant. If an early effort finds it's mark he could have a good day..A lot will depend on the quality of possession and the h/f line have a lot of responsibility thrust upon them. Nothing in the Roscommon attack worries me unduly though.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Dr.Shephard wrote:Well Boxty, last year you were castigating me over at the other place for being pesimistic but as always I was being realistic and I was right.
This year however, you seem to have a defeatist attitude whilst I think that our lads have a great chance.

BRING ON SLIGO

As a grand-daughter of mine says "On the down low Grandad". Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_wink Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_wink

I forgot to add that in what has been an exciting 24 hrs. Boxty has acquired an additional grand-daughter...Mother and Emma are in top form..even though Emma was supposed to be a boy....Medical science my arxe....War Office gone on an Eastbound train to quell the rioting apparently...
Will I hould out over the weekend at all.. Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Congrats to all. Sure a wee lass is fine once all are hale and hearty. Tis not China!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:28 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

As a grand-daughter of mine says "On the down low Grandad". Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_wink Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_wink

I forgot to add that in what has been an exciting 24 hrs. Boxty has acquired an additional grand-daughter...Mother and Emma are in top form..even though Emma was supposed to be a boy....Medical science my arxe....War Office gone on an Eastbound train to quell the rioting apparently...
Will I hould out over the weekend at all.. Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Suspect

Did the umbilical cord cause some confusion??

Doctor: "Here's your grand child Boxty"

"Ahhhhhhhhh, it's a boy. And what a boy!"

"Actually that's the umbilical cord Mr. Eater, it's a girl."
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:43 pm

black&white wrote:Did the umbilical cord cause some confusion??

It can happen alright ........ Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_redface
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Lol ... Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_rr ... Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_queen Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_queen
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

It can happen alright ........ Roscommon v Leitrim ..Connacht SFC Semi-Final...Dr.Hyde Park 20/06/2010 Icon_redface

Actually I'm still not fully sure that my wee boy Mary has forgiven me ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:52 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Actually I'm still not fully sure that my wee boy Mary has forgiven me ....

Just so long as the doctor was sure when he went to remove the cord.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Congrats Boxty!!
Hope Leitrim take this one. Give me a day out in Pearse and a night out in Taffes for the final! I've seen McKeown for Ballinamore a few times, very good footballer glad to see him starting after dropping off last year. Saw Glancy play against Crossmaglen in a pitch opening last year and thought he looked class, gave Cross a lot of headaches that evening even though he had just played for Connacht in the Provincials.. I predict Leitrim by 1!!

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:07 am

Jonsmith wrote:Hope Leitrim take this one. Give me a day out in Pearse and a night out in Taffes for the final! !!

Surely to God a Sligo/Leitrim Connacht final will be moved to Ballyfarnon or Keadue....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:19 am

Was talking to a Sligo man yesterday who informed me he was looking forward to the Connacht final next weekend. When I said "Semi Final you mean?" He laughed and replied "Well it might as well be" Seems to be the general feeling among the Sligonians that they're going to take Galway and then the final is a given.. I doubt it. Suspect

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:27 am

Jonsmith wrote:Was talking to a Sligo man yesterday who informed me he was looking forward to the Connacht final next weekend. When I said "Semi Final you mean?" He laughed and replied "Well it might as well be" Seems to be the general feeling among the Sligonians that they're going to take Galway and then the final is a given.. I doubt it. Suspect

Too true! There's an unhealthy arrogance building around home at the minute, based on two good performances in the league final against Antrim, and against Mayo. People are very fast to forget that we weren't exactly convincing throughout the league, and that there are weaknesses in our team that Mayo just didn't have the wit to expose. I doubt Galway will be so kind.

If (and it's a big if) we make it past Galway, I'd have great fear of us being turned over in the final. The arrogance will only get worse. I played U-16, minor and U-21 with 5/6 of the lads currently in the panel, and would know a fair few more of them quite well. Unfortunately modesty is not something I would associate with a lot of them. There's a real danger that, if we did reach the final, many of the lads would be under the impression that the hard part had been completed.
Which would be exactly what either Leitrim or the sheepstealers would be hoping for.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:12 am

I, for one, believe a Sligo v Leitrim/Roscummon Final would be a step in the right direction.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next