GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Friday - what will you do!

+4
Royal_Girl2k9
The Puke
Grenvile
Jayo Cluxton
8 posters

Go down

Good Friday - what will you do! Empty Good Friday - what will you do!

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Some people call it the most boring day ever and I tell ye younger ones it used to be a lot worser! Ya wouldn't get a packet of cigs on GF once! I am so glad they had that GF Agreement to sort out that kinda thing. No doubt there'll be people in the supermarkets and Offies tonight buying so much booze that you'd think Prohibition is coming back. I just can't see what the predilection with alcohol is (fooking can't wait for a scatter of pints on Sunday!) ... thoroughly unhealthy if you ask me but thats bloody Ireland. Bah humbug.

But there are lots of healthy things to do on Good Friday! I always look forward to the day as it gives me the chance to display my hidden thespianism. As an original member of the Dublin Regional Arts Group (DRAG) artists our reconstruction of the GF crime scene is always a key part of the day. The smell of greasepaint and the tickling of the false beard and 'tache set the adrenaline going and then the painting of the stigmata finish the job. Some of the crew want to make them more realistic but I'm not sure. And then its off with the cross on me back for a few kilometres - like the martyr I am. Tis a hard ould station .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Good Friday - what will you do! Empty Re: Good Friday - what will you do!

Post  Grenvile Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Plenty from the border regions will head for Fermanagh tomorrow evening for a pint. Most of whom wouldn't usually take a drink on a Friday.. Suspect

Could never quite get my head around that one.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:06 pm

In England this week with work so will be spending it with all these tan coonts.....A pretty ***** easter in store have to get an 12 hour flight to some god forsaken industrial estate on the otherside of the world easter monday
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm off to Newry in the morning for a bit of retail therapy then tomorrow evening it's my friend's birthday so we're having a girls night in with lots and lots of pizza and chips.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:22 pm

The Puke wrote:In England this week with work so will be spending it with all these tan coonts.....A pretty ***** easter in store have to get an 12 hour flight to some god forsaken industrial estate on the otherside of the world easter monday

And €3.50 for a can of Coke ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:29 pm

House party with plenty free everything at it.. Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:39 pm

mullins wrote:House party with plenty free everything at it.. Very Happy

I'll see ya there Wink
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
The Puke wrote:In England this week with work so will be spending it with all these tan coonts.....A pretty ***** easter in store have to get an 12 hour flight to some god forsaken industrial estate on the otherside of the world easter monday

I had a lump of chateaubriand the last time I was away, along with 4 pints and it didn't even come to €25....One of the few decent things about the place
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Plenty from the border regions will head for Fermanagh tomorrow evening for a pint. Most of whom wouldn't usually take a drink on a Friday.. Suspect

Corrigan's in Kinawley is a handy stop should one be forced to visit Enniskillen for "shopping".....A few smooth ones are always palatable on Friday evening....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:37 pm

The Puke wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

I had a lump of chateaubriand the last time I was away, along with 4 pints and it didn't even come to €25....One of the few decent things about the place

Thinly veiled "I'm in quality control with Dunnes and investigating the strength of the elastic in a knicker factory in Taiwan" from the forum's globetrotter here.

You have a grand mouth for chateaubriand.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
The Puke wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Thinly veiled "I'm in quality control with Dunnes and investigating the strength of the elastic in a knicker factory in Taiwan" from the forum's globetrotter here.

Puke is a diesel fitter. He sticks the knickers on his head and says ....
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:40 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:Plenty from the border regions will head for Fermanagh tomorrow evening for a pint. Most of whom wouldn't usually take a drink on a Friday.. Suspect

Corrigan's in Kinawley is a handy stop should one be forced to visit Enniskillen for "shopping".....A few smooth ones are always palatable on Friday evening....

Surely the Abbey taps will be kept ticking over with the curtains drawn?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Surely the Abbey taps will be kept ticking over with the curtains drawn?

Well...coughs....smiles knowingly. Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:21 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
The Puke wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

The other possibility is that hes works for a clare based knicker supplier (call centre) and maker and has been asked to go to Taiwan(bangelore) to "train" the natives in the fine art of knicker stitching(cold calling) - possible sell out lies down the road.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down