GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Lynott & Thin Lizzy

4 posters

Go down

Phil Lynott & Thin Lizzy Empty Phil Lynott & Thin Lizzy

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Just watched Philomena Lynott on the late late. Very well spoken and elegant lady. It's truly horrible how her and Phil were treated due to his race and her being an un-married mother. Watching some of the videos of him preforming on youtube there and it was really obvious to see that he was something special, one of those artists who don't come around too often. His music and style of performance can be clearly seen coming through in newer bands and artists and it will live on for a long time. My dad was telling me about the first Slane concert he or anyone else was at, Thin Lizzy supported by U2 and I can't help but envy his record of concerts even more. What a band- what a man.

R.I.P Phil, you'll never be forgotten.

Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Phil Lynott & Thin Lizzy Empty Re: Phil Lynott & Thin Lizzy

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:47 pm

Can't have been that great if Brush Shields fired him and is still banging away.....

Loads of posthumous heroes across the "arts" spectrum.....James Dean, Janis Joplin, Buddy Holly, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrisson, Brendan Behan ....

Hendrix played at the Ballinamore festival in 1967 and there wasn't 50 there to see him, then Boomph, he dies and he's a legend... Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:53 pm

Love phil hate brush shields. Fantastic singer is lynott
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:50 am

Are not the use of tenses on the curriculum any more...is/was. Question
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:36 am

Yes they are boxty i apologise
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Disappointing to see people putting a drug addict up on a pedastal
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:07 pm

The Puke wrote:Disappointing to see people putting a drug addict up on a pedastal

What has his addiction got to do with his music? WUM.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
The Puke wrote:Disappointing to see people putting a drug addict up on a pedastal

The fact is that the man was a crackhead, whether he made music or no is irrelavent...I am sure there are plenty of other crackfiends around the world who can sing and dance but it doens't mean that they should be put up on a pedastal and have their drug abuses swept under the rug....
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:42 pm

The Puke wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

The fact is that the man was a crackhead, whether he made music or no is irrelavent...I am sure there are plenty of other crackfiends around the world who can sing and dance but it doens't mean that they should be put up on a pedastal and have their drug abuses swept under the rug....

The Beatles, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Richard Ashcroft, Ian Brown and many more were all on drugs and yet still all made brilliant music. Should they not be celebrated as musicians because of this?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
The Puke wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

The Beatles, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Richard Ashcroft, Ian Brown and many more were all on drugs and yet still all made brilliant music. Should they not be celebrated as musicians because of this?

No they shouldn't....No coincidence that two of the beatles and three more of the names above are no longer alive....Drugs aren't cool and if you think that glorifying a dope fiend like Phil Lynott is cool then off with you but I would suggest you look at the affect heroine has not just on the user but their families and society as a whole, whatever music it has helped 'create' doesn't come anywhere near the negative effects it has had on society and the amount of deaths and hardship it has caused for families and communities
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:37 pm

The Puke wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
The Puke wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

No they shouldn't....No coincidence that two of the beatles and three more of the names above are no longer alive....Drugs aren't cool and if you think that glorifying a dope fiend like Phil Lynott is cool then off with you but I would suggest you look at the affect heroine has not just on the user but their families and society as a whole, whatever music it has helped 'create' doesn't come anywhere near the negative effects it has had on society and the amount of deaths and hardship it has caused for families and communities

I'm not saying I agree with the use of drugs and trust me I know the affects it has on people and not just the user. I'm just saying how good of an artist he was, nothing to do with his drugs.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Puke count the extremely successful international stars that havent touched any scandal or affair involving drink drugs or women....ye can count them on one hand. Whos your musical idols anyway puke
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:39 pm

gaamad1996 wrote:Puke count the extremely successful international stars that havent touched any scandal or affair involving drink drugs or women....ye can count them on one hand. Whos your musical idols anyway puke

Scandal has nothing to do with this....Crack is the most vile heinous drugs there is and leads to huge amounts of suffering and 99% of people who have taken it end up addicted to it and flushing their life down the tubes and bringing nothing but hardship to their families, just because Phil Lynott was a well known musician this doesn't disguise the fact he was a crack head and it lead to his premature death and lots of suffering for his family.....Anyone that thinks he is a great man and puts him up on a pedastal would want to cop onto themselves
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Sure his music was great, jesus puke its like the mammies and daddies of presleys age muffling their childrens ears from presleys music. Some people vote cannabis smokers into the dail fair enough. scandal is drugs and aye you never answered my question name these pioneers from drugs that we can adorn puke.
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:31 pm

gaamad1996 wrote:Sure his music was great, jesus puke its like the mammies and daddies of presleys age muffling their childrens ears from presleys music. Some people vote cannabis smokers into the dail fair enough. scandal is drugs and aye you never answered my question name these pioneers from drugs that we can adorn puke.

Cannabis and Crack cocaine are worlds apart, I have yet to see areas of cities and generations of families ripped apart from people using Cannibis...Fact is that world wide Crack Cocaine is one of society's biggest problems today and trying to downplay that shows your ignorance on the subject.....

People who are addicted to it don't deserve to be put up on pedastals, regardless of whatever else they have achieved in life
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:37 pm

The Puke wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:Sure his music was great, jesus puke its like the mammies and daddies of presleys age muffling their childrens ears from presleys music. Some people vote cannabis smokers into the dail fair enough. scandal is drugs and aye you never answered my question name these pioneers from drugs that we can adorn puke.

Cannabis and Crack cocaine are worlds apart, I have yet to see areas of cities and generations of families ripped apart from people using Cannibis...Fact is that world wide Crack Cocaine is one of society's biggest problems today and trying to downplay that shows your ignorance on the subject.....

People who are addicted to it don't deserve to be put up on pedastals, regardless of
whatever else they have achieved in life

Hypocrite fair nuf i have barely any knowledge on the drugs but at least i'll admit it. How many more times do i have to ask you? You cant remain an ambivalent bigot in this situation. NAME 3 POP STARS THAT DEFINITELY HAVE NO RELATION TO CRACK COCAINE THAT HAVE OR ARE POPULAR
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:47 pm

gaamad1996 wrote:
The Puke wrote:

People who are addicted to it don't deserve to be put up on pedastals, regardless of

Hypocrite fair nuf i have barely any knowledge on the drugs but at least i'll admit it. How many more times do i have to ask you? You cant remain an ambivalent bigot in this situation. NAME 3 POP STARS THAT DEFINITELY HAVE NO RELATION TO CRACK COCAINE THAT HAVE OR ARE POPULAR

Bono, infact all of U2

Madonna

Westlife/Boyzone

Rihanna

Abba

Maria Carey

Celine Deon

Phil Collins/Genesis

Stevie Wonder

Barbara Streisand

Bruce Stpringsteen

Brian Adams

Garth Brooks

Kenny Rogers

Dolly Parton

Lionel Richie

Beyonce

would you like me to continue naming out names, I can keep on going
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:06 pm

The Puke wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:
The Puke wrote:

Bono, infact all of U2

Madonna

Westlife/Boyzone

Rihanna

Abba

Maria Carey

Celine Deon

Phil Collins/Genesis

Stevie Wonder

Barbara Streisand

Bruce Stpringsteen

Brian Adams

Garth Brooks

Kenny Rogers

Dolly Parton

Lionel Richie

Beyonce
MadoNna...http://www.hollyscoop.com/madonna/madonna-admits-drug-use_15068.aspx

Gately was addictedto prescription drugs
Mariah carey was on drugs
Hey i said pop for a reason next you will use daniel o Donnell as an example. Look some there could have been druggies either way but that does not effect their musical quality. Knowing you branding of people e.g. Priests, and now phil lynott its your prevailing trail of thought

gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:45 pm

gaamad1996 wrote:
The Puke wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:
The Puke wrote:

Bono, infact all of U2

Madonna

Westlife/Boyzone

Rihanna

Abba

Maria Carey

Celine Deon

Phil Collins/Genesis

Stevie Wonder

Barbara Streisand

Bruce Stpringsteen

Brian Adams

Garth Brooks

Kenny Rogers

Dolly Parton

Lionel Richie

Beyonce
MadoNna...http://www.hollyscoop.com/madonna/madonna-admits-drug-use_15068.aspx

Gately was addictedto prescription drugs
Mariah carey was on drugs
Hey i said pop for a reason next you will use daniel o Donnell as an example. Look some there could have been druggies either way but that does not effect their musical quality. Knowing you branding of people e.g. Priests, and now phil lynott its your prevailing trail of thought

Your exact question was "NAME 3 POP STARS THAT DEFINITELY HAVE NO RELATION TO CRACK COCAINE THAT HAVE OR ARE POPULAR" you even put it in capital letters.....

Everyone of them named above have never taken crack.....You seem to think Phil Lynott should be put on a pedastal just because he was a talented musician but the fact remains he was a crackhead who put his family through hell before he died so all this should be forgotten and teh damage that drug has done to others because they are talented, next you will be saying that Paul McGrath & Gazza should be allowed carry down their paths of self destruction and depression due to their alcoholism just because they was a talented soccer players, putting these people up on pedastals is the last thing they need, they aren't gods

I don't remember branding priests as anything for that matter, my scorn was for the Catholic church as an institution which is morally bankrupt which I don't think anyone would dispute given the findings of the Ryan report....

I suppose you gloss over the fact that Liam Dunne is an admitted Wife Beater due to the fact he was a fine hurler
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down