GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Councillor convicted for Harney Assault

+5
North Side Gael
mullins
hipster 2
Loyal2TheRoyal
Grenvile
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Councillor convicted for Harney Assault - Page 3 Empty Re: Councillor convicted for Harney Assault

Post  Grenvile Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:52 pm

North Side Gael wrote:define global morals jon?

Ive a 1st class grade in human rights vs morals in international politics, im pretty sure of what i said as are lecturers in international politics whove marked my work, even if you dont comprehend it!

Morals vary depending on religion, geography, money, power etc, the law determines when morals go to far or have no place, they do exist however and do appear to be differing depending on the community/society.

As far as i can see with you, you can take your middle class morals and stick them where the sun dont shine, i dont attack you personally nor anyone on here apart from pat from time to time but were good!

I wont comment on this debate however i wont be personally slated.

Fair play on the Human rights thing but nobody has mentioned anything about international morals or global politics. We're talking about Ireland here, where it is accepted by the legislature and the judiciary that, as you say, crime is crime. If you assault someone without a reasonable defence for doing so then you are liable to be convicted regardless of the past conduct of the victim.
If by my "middle class morals" you mean the notion that every person has the right to be free from assault in their day to day business then I think you'll find every civilised nation in the world would agree my "middle class morals".

Your idea of "justice" is completely and utterly detached from the real world and how the law must operate in a civilised society. You are suggesting that our courts justify assault based on (unproven) allegations against the victim. Think about it... Do you have any idea how nonsensical that is?

Your first class grade was surely achieved through better means of argument than telling people to stick stuff where the sun don't shine so I would request that you be civil in the discussion or don't bother.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Councillor convicted for Harney Assault - Page 3 Empty Re: Councillor convicted for Harney Assault

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Sebastian wrote:Councillor convicted for Harney Assault - Page 3 Facebo10

Police Brutality! Very Happy

I hope that Garda isn't Peter Solan the Great's brother. Upon reflection though, his poor defending must surely indicate a Mayo origin....

Did RMD ban PStG, or whatever happened him after the days of nuptial travels/bliss.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:define global morals jon?

Ive a 1st class grade in human rights vs morals in international politics, im pretty sure of what i said as are lecturers in international politics whove marked my work, even if you dont comprehend it!

Morals vary depending on religion, geography, money, power etc, the law determines when morals go to far or have no place, they do exist however and do appear to be differing depending on the community/society.

As far as i can see with you, you can take your middle class morals and stick them where the sun dont shine, i dont attack you personally nor anyone on here apart from pat from time to time but were good!

I wont comment on this debate however i wont be personally slated.

Fair play on the Human rights thing but nobody has mentioned anything about international morals or global politics. We're talking about Ireland here, where it is accepted by the legislature and the judiciary that, as you say, crime is crime. If you assault someone without a reasonable defence for doing so then you are liable to be convicted regardless of the past conduct of the victim.
If by my "middle class morals" you mean the notion that every person has the right to be free from assault in their day to day business then I think you'll find every civilised nation in the world would agree my "middle class morals".

Your idea of "justice" is completely and utterly detached from the real world and how the law must operate in a civilised society. You are suggesting that our courts justify assault based on (unproven) allegations against the victim. Think about it... Do you have any idea how nonsensical that is?

Your first class grade was surely achieved through better means of argument than telling people to stick stuff where the sun don't shine so I would request that you be civil in the discussion or don't bother.

Morals are going global jon thats what im getting at, globalisation, we now work on morals of europe and the western world.

On another point, when you are failed by the state or state police peoples morals change as did this women. University reaserch shows that more and more people by the day agree with punishment beatings in republican areas in the north, however this means these people are not in the wrong they are merely accepting this as an act to protect the community or the people so western morals are left behind, in short there is two sides to this those who say harney is not the victim and those who say this women is a criminal and that should be accepted.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:16 pm

North Side Gael wrote:[On another point, when you are failed by the state or state police peoples morals change as did this women. University reaserch shows that more and more people by the day agree with punishment beatings in republican areas in the north, however this means these people are not in the wrong they are merely accepting this as an act to protect the community or the people so western morals are left behind, in short there is two sides to this those who say harney is not the victim and those who say this women is a criminal and that should be accepted.

This ongoing saga is becoming wearisome.....Ms.Harney (citizen) had a can of paint thrown over her...Fact. Painthrower (citizen) found guilty of an offence...Fact...

What more is there to argue about. We've not as yet fully embraced this mewfangled concept of morals and their interpretation and are unlikely to do so soon.

Whatever happened the axiom "do the crime, do the time"....Guilty, simple as. But then, these ideologues crop up..... Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:37 pm

So you finally come out and say that you agree with violence as a means of achieving justice and as an acceptable alternative to the accepted means of prosecuting wrongdoing. (Although I might point out again that Mary Harney has committed no crime)

Her guilt is not an argument that there is two sides to, the criminal in question lives in Ireland and so is obliged to subscribe to our laws, she may disagree with the law that prevents her assaulting people but she can and has been branded as a criminal. That fact is unchanged by your opinion of her crime, which achieved nothing but to drag the name of the Eirigi party even further into the gutter.

You are (thankfully) on a different wavelength to most of us in civilised society and I don't see the point in discussing the issue with someone who honestly believes violence is the answer. I can only assume you left that particular set of beliefs out of your Human Rights exam.. The anti establishment tripe is wearisome and your hypocrisy is clogging up this thread so much that it's ground to a halt. I'll leave it at that.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:30 pm

Just out of interest, fair enough, the morals thing aside, the your government not take money from britain and america two of its close allies, two allies who go to war as and when it suits them, surely thats violence? the money the yanks made out of going into iraq could well be circulating in the irish economy right now (or whats left of it).

So im grand we are finished here, so your someone who neglects the fact the his countys funders and allies and create violence but an individual within a state cant, grand, so it depends on how powerful you are as to whether or not your a criminal.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:50 pm

bring back stoning
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:37 pm

hipster 2 wrote:bring back stoning

Yes hip - I am all for people getting stoned .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3