GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rare auld times

4 posters

Go down

The rare auld times Empty The rare auld times

Post  OMAR Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:19 am

Thanks to the wonder that is the car free M3 Cavan now ranks as outer suburbia
Spent an evening in our nations capital and must say quite a pleasant evening all round

parked in IFSC - Mrs Omar sober and driving
Mrs Omar had a quick gander in Arnotts where they accepted an out of date gift card without complaint
2 quick pints in Mulligans and a tea and snack for MRs O
Dunne and crezini - brace of starters- 2 dishes of pasta bottle of wine for Omar and a glass of orange for the little lady all for an astonishing €60.
Two quick scoops in stags head
Went to see the Field in the Olympia - Excellent - powerhouse stuff from Brian Denehy once you get past the yankee twang.
Home and Nightcap inhand by 12.30

Ya could'nt beat it witha big long stick

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

The rare auld times Empty Re: The rare auld times

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:23 am

Rare auld times indeed ... before it was all fooked up!

Now I get my wage - look at the outgoings, and trot the family down to McDs for the eurosaver menu ... thanks to your buddies Omar ... Evil or Very Mad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:28 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Rare auld times indeed ... before it was all fooked up!

Now I get my wage - look at the outgoings, and trot the family down to McDs for the eurosaver menu ... thanks to your buddies Omar ... Evil or Very Mad

Not my buddies Jayo -
I'm a PAYE worker so don't have any immunity from a 52% tax rate - A second mortgage from a bank to pay off CFD losses on a 2007 punt on the same bank and the half built bulgarian ski chalet that will cost more to tumble than it cost to get this far.

Think you need cash for the Eurosaver menu thats why I avoid MCDS

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:34 am

Gonna be a struggle and already it's a big one - but I ain't ever gone under yet! But it's a serious shame nonetheless ... what have we become /done .... Sad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:43 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Gonna be a struggle and already it's a big one - but I ain't ever gone under yet! But it's a serious shame nonetheless ... what have we become /done .... Sad

Life goes on

Healths most important - Go for a blow out every 4 or 5 weeks even if you can't afford it
Remember the old pair paying 15% interest on a mortgage in 1983 and it puts it in perspective.

I was in Dublin last Monday week - had to stay the night - walked down to Elephant and castle in Temple bar
- was told to come back in 90 mins ( Monday Night !!!)
as I said life goes on

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:48 am

Share the mindset and will be ok OMAR - but some people should be pelted with rotten fruit ... at least ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:51 am

And the folks were not paying 15% on a pre pack heap of ***** that cost 300K
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:55 am

OMAR wrote:Thanks to the wonder that is the car free M3 Cavan now ranks as outer suburbia
Spent an evening in our nations capital and must say quite a pleasant evening all round

parked in IFSC - Mrs Omar sober and driving
Mrs Omar had a quick gander in Arnotts where they accepted an out of date gift card without complaint
2 quick pints in Mulligans and a tea and snack for MRs O
Dunne and crezini - brace of starters- 2 dishes of pasta bottle of wine for Omar and a glass of orange for the little lady all for an astonishing €60.
Two quick scoops in stags head
Went to see the Field in the Olympia - Excellent - powerhouse stuff from Brian Denehy once you get past the yankee twang.
Home and Nightcap inhand by 12.30

Ya could'nt beat it witha big long stick

The rare auld times Vomit-10[img][/img]The rare auld times Sick0010

Vomit inducing...I hope it stays fine for you (but doubtless someone else will pick up the bill)...***

*** Possibly the most self-indulgent and self-centred piece of prose written since Joyce penned Ulysses......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:58 am

Didn't like to say that ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:19 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Didn't like to say that ....

Decided to let your comments slip at the time but in sobriety I won't
The purpose of the post is that even in the midst of the doom gloom, IMF etc its still possible to have a reasonably pleasant evening in dublin and get away from it all.
(Last time I posted about an unpleasant experience in Dublin _ I get accused of anti-dublin bias)

That was the point - If you think it appears self serving or indulgent - Fine

however:
The response I get in someway suggests that I should be
apologising for the banking collapse (note I have never in my life lent anyone more than €100) or apologising for friends of mine or apologising for tax increases
Note again - I have no friends that are bankers nor would I regard any of the major debtors of the banks a close or personal friend. Clearly Im sure you all know someone that is in someway responsible whether thats politicans, developers, Bankers, Investment advisors, Local auctioneeers, DEpt of finance officals etc etc

However I don't see anyone else being attacked - This is not the first time that JAyo has used the expres​sion(friends of yours) If you have an issue with any individual or organistion take it up with them not me.
Purpose of coming on here is to take an occasional break from the "dayjob" not to take abuse for events
for which I and my family are paying for as much if not more than the next man.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:37 pm

F*ck the begrudgers Omar. We're going to end up a very bitter and unhappy nation if we're not even ok with someone going out enjoying themselves for a night like. Ya only live once and life is too short to be miserable so enjoy yourself while ya still can.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:04 pm

Well OMAR it tis yourself that has gone on here on more than one occasion about ligging at events, corporate freebies (which I do get too but all too rare) and playing golf with this lad and that lad etc, etc. No personal insult intended - you might take the point up with Boxty too though - and I accept that everyone is suffering - some more than others. And I can't see anybody abusing you at all on this thread so wind in the neck a bit.

I am fast getting to the stage - after working for 28 years - that I can not afford even the simplest night out in Dublin - and that is not a poor me statement or an exaggeration - its a fact. And to be quite frank about it is a ****ing shame and a situation I am disgusted with - and worried.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:32 am

I think asking me to wind the neck in as a tad ironic - when you look at your reaction to fairly banal post

Yes you have mentioned corporate freebies and free bars - and good luck to you as has boxty mentioned
evenings where the bar counter was decorated in honour of some political strategy or other
The post was not meant to be self indulgent - It was the first time ive left the house on a non work evening since XMAS - and to be honest it hasn't been the easiest 6 or 7 weeks of my life so was feeling a bit upbeat after letting off a bit of steam

- if you or boxty took that up as being self indulgent fair enough - Thats a view - My post could have been better phrased but given the time of the evening - etc etc

anyway your post in that regard or boxtys is not what I take issue with
The problem I have is your use of the term "your friends" which is not the first time you have used that expression.
Whatever grieviance you have with any person, banker, debtor, millstone on the taxpayer etc - or whoever you want to put in the stocks, or in the clinker for that matter - again good luck to you - I fully agree with the sentiment but I take exception to the fact that you feel it necassacry to pin this on my door.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:37 am

Not pinning anything at your door at all. Root cause is probably 15-20 people in this country. Some were suckered themselves, greed probably. Don't begrudge anyone a night out at all - fair play to them. And you got the wife to drive ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:45 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Not pinning anything at your door at all. Root cause is probably 15-20 people in this country. Some were suckered themselves, greed probably. Don't begrudge anyone a night out at all - fair play to them. And you got the wife to drive ....

Fair enough - As regards the 15-20 I think its a lot more but there are 15-20 that made billion euro F$$k ups
a couple of hundred that made €100 million euro f$4k ups and 15-20 in every town if you lower the bar to a million
don't think probably come into it - It was pure Greed

And as regards the friends bit - I don't have any that I know through work - sad state of the world but the two ain't compatible - Accountants don't tend to be much crack
If it helps re the night out - I had a woeful dose of the Trotskis this morning.
Anyway onwards and upwards and all that.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:51 am

No voodoo dolls here O! Look - was winding a bit and jocularly - onwards and upwards - forget it. Had to pay a ton for me rugby ticket tomorrow too Sad - but sure the kids like bread.... Shocked
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:20 am

OMAR wrote:[- It was pure Greed

The answer lies there....Villas in Godforsaken countries, 4X4's ad nauseum, Gael scoilleana because Dwayne Suspect was a budding Joyce......FFS
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down