GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rugby Thread

+20
ormond lad
Parouisa
mossbags
Real Kerry Fan
RMDrive
North Side Gael
Grenvile
Thomas Clarke
bocerty
redhandman
SamiPremier08
OMAR
patrique
mullins
Boxtyeater
black&white
hurlingguru
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
Jayo Cluxton
24 posters

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

The Rugby Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Rugby Thread

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun May 22, 2011 2:31 am

Leinster ....

D4 heads .... eh, no ...
Fancy dans ..... eh, no ...
Fairies ... eh, no ...

C'mon my boys! Awesome! Simply awesome! How can anyone watch soccer ???
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun May 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Leinster ....

D4 heads .... eh, no ...
Fairies ... eh, no ...

johhny Sexton

Maybe just maybe 2011 is destined to be the year of the Dub.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun May 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Leinster ....

D4 heads .... eh, no ...
Fairies ... eh, no ...

Well eh skill maybe. Laughing
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun May 22, 2011 9:41 pm

I would say that's a matter of opinion RKF Smile
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon May 23, 2011 9:50 am

mullins wrote:I would say that's a matter of opinion RKF Smile

Yep. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon May 23, 2011 12:27 pm

a great game of rugby and some comeback from Leinster, they looked dead on their feet and clueless in the first half. Just goes to show its not oer till the fat lady sings. Sexton appears to have been the catalyst for this amazing comeback in the dressing room at half time with some choice words.

Very interesting to hear the Northampton coach say his team were very tired at half time and that was the main reason for their poor second half display. Granted it was a very physical game but then are they not all the same and to have a team of professional players talk about being tired at half time doesnt say much for their preparation.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 23, 2011 4:45 pm

Not a sport
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon May 23, 2011 9:37 pm

mossbags wrote:Not a sport

Ah now moss, sumo wrestling is also classified as a sport Shocked
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon May 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:

Sumo probably requires more agility and technical ability. Id've used tug-of-war by way of comparison Smile
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon May 23, 2011 10:14 pm

bocerty wrote:Very interesting to hear the Northampton coach say his team were very tired at half time and that was the main reason for their poor second half display. Granted it was a very physical game but then are they not all the same and to have a team of professional players talk about being tired at half time doesnt say much for their preparation.

An egg-chasing aficionado not unknown to me informed me 2 weeks ago that the Northampton props (whatever they are) have played every game this year in full without being replaced because they just don't have adequate replacements.(Much like Dublin/Brogan).
Put under continued sustained pressure, the dam was bound to burst eventually.(Much like Dublin/Brogan).

Hence they ran out of juice and capitulated in the end. (Much like Dublin/Brogan).

In a nutshell.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon May 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
bocerty wrote:Very interesting to hear the Northampton coach say his team were very tired at half time and that was the main reason for their poor second half display. Granted it was a very physical game but then are they not all the same and to have a team of professional players talk about being tired at half time doesnt say much for their preparation.

An egg-chasing aficionado not unknown to me informed me 2 weeks ago that the Northampton props (whatever they are) have played every game this year in full without being replaced because they just don't have adequate replacements.(Much like Dublin/Brogan).
Put under continued sustained pressure, the dam was bound to burst eventually.(Much like Dublin/Brogan).

Hence they ran out of juice and capitulated in the end. (Much like Dublin/Brogan).

In a nutshell.

Just when i think your making sense ..

You always fall backwards....
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon May 23, 2011 10:26 pm

mullins wrote:Just when i think your making sense ..

The Rugby Thread - Page 6 Smiley39 That said, I'd give ye' every chance against Laois. Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon May 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
mullins wrote:Just when i think your making sense ..

The Rugby Thread - Page 6 Smiley39 That said, I'd give ye' every chance against Laois. Wink

Thanks much appreciated .. Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Tue May 24, 2011 12:34 am

Privileged to be present in Cardiff on Saturday to witness Leinster ensuring Connacht's qualification for the 2011/12 Heineken Cup! Very Happy

Was in Cheltenham for a funeral, and one of the guys there had a couple of spare tickets. He neglected to mention they were bang in the middle of the Northampton fans. Thankfully rugby crowds tend to be closer to GAA crowds than to soccerball, and the worst we had to put p with was some chants of cheerio, cheerio when we went to get our half-time pints a few minutes before the whistle!

Atmosphere was immense, closed roof really is the business for ramping up the volume.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue May 24, 2011 11:23 am

mullins wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

In a nutshell.

the day you think anyone is making sense other than yourself will be a worrying day for us all Mullins

Last edited by bocerty on Tue May 24, 2011 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Real Kerry Fan wrote:

Sumo probably requires more agility and technical ability. Id've used tug-of-war by way of comparison Smile

Lads - anyone who seriously questions rugby as a sport needs their head examined! In terms of skill, entertainment, physical effort, fitness, stamina etc it takes some beating. Even the Magners League puts the GAA c'ship 'entertainment' (so far) in the shade ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue May 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Lads - anyone who seriously questions rugby as a sport needs their head examined! In terms of skill, entertainment, physical effort, fitness, stamina etc it takes some beating. Even the Magners League puts the GAA c'ship 'entertainment' (so far) in the shade ...[/quote]

Jeepers lads getting to Jayo. :Back off boys he is serious. Twisted Evil
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue May 24, 2011 5:28 pm

The phoney Irish love affair with Rugby Football is another consequence of the spiritual malaise that overcame so many Irish during the discredited Celtic Tiger years.That such a graceless two bit sport can pull the wool over so many peoples eyes speaks volumes about the values we have chosen to jeprodise in the pursuit of the superficial.

That some on here would even seek to parallel our ancient Championships, based on things like tradition, community, respect to some recently manufactured, tip pot cider league in rugby that's not even taken seriously by it's participants is a danming indictment of the many who put what we know to be true, AFTER whatever false Gods are the flavour of the day.

Thankfully it cannot and will not last, dwindling attendance figures at the monstrosity that is Thomond Park will undermine any realistic prospect Munster had of keeping pace with the serious clubs in France and the UK. That's the thing about bandwagons, when the wheels come off it can get real ugly. Leinster never had much real support outside of South Dublin in the first place, their establishment money may be enough to keep them competitive and on top of that I see they are sponsored by one of the banks I have helped to bail out too so in effect O Driscoll,Sexton, Heaslip etc are getting fat off the trials of the everyday Irish people.

Heroic men indeed.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 24, 2011 5:40 pm

Well said Moss! Keep that taxpayers money rolling in. BOD and the boys have a certain standard of living to maintain ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed May 25, 2011 9:57 pm

bocerty wrote:
mullins wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

In a nutshell.

the day you think anyone is making sense other than yourself will be a worrying day for us all Mullins

MUPPET alien
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:42 am

Good showing from the Irish U20s at the World Cup despite being in a teak tough group.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

The Rugby Thread - Page 6 Empty Heineken Cup

Post  Parouisa Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:57 am

Well we're off and running again with a good maiden showing from Connacht, a good win for Ulster, a creditable draw for Leinster and a typically amazing display from Munster. 41 phases before the match winning drop goal in the 84th minute. Drama.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:41 pm

What a fantastic competition!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:53 am

Seen the Northampton game last week and remarkably, I was impressed with what I saw. 41 phases and O'Gara's winning kick - great entertainment. Missed tonight's game but just youtube'd O'Gara's winner - once again great television. He's something else - feet of a god. Who's have we next Parouisa?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:23 am

Full list of reverse fixtures (next two rounds) attached. Two games v Scarlets will make or break Munster’s Heino season.

Friday, 9 December 2011
Ulster v Aironi, Pl4, 19:30

Saturday, 10 December 2011
Connacht v Gloucester, Pl6, 13:30
Scarlets v Munster, Pl1, 15:40

Sunday, 11 December 2011
Bath v Leinster, Pl3, 12:45

Saturday, 17 December 2011
Aironi v Ulster, Pl4, 13:30
Gloucester v Connacht, Pl6, 15:40
Leinster v Bath, Pl3, 18:00

Sunday, 18 December 2011