GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Casement Park

+4
bocerty
mullins
Jayo Cluxton
North Side Gael
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Casement Park Empty New Casement Park

Post  North Side Gael Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:55 pm

Just read on the Antrim web site that the funding has been agreed for the new Casement, 40k state of the art seater apparently or 38k seats and 7k terrace was the other alternative - a mini croke park so to speak, id prefer the all seater myself.

Surely this new stadium should attract big games, not just gaelic football but hurling, belfast is easy to get to and everything else maybe league semi finals or quarter finals of the championship double headers?

I know some posters on here wont be happy as many in Ulster despise belfast for the same reason that many in the south despise dublin, we are a city, however in our case they also hold it against our GAA stadia.

Will be brilliant to have a stadium like this in the city, f**k wales im staying here. lol
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

New Casement Park Empty Re: New Casement Park

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:13 pm

I think its a great idea - if they build it somewhere else .... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:27 pm

North Side Gael wrote:Just read on the Antrim web site that the funding has been agreed for the new Casement, 40k state of the art seater apparently or 38k seats and 7k terrace was the other alternative - a mini croke park so to speak, id prefer the all seater myself.

Surely this new stadium should attract big games, not just gaelic football but hurling, belfast is easy to get to and everything else maybe league semi finals or quarter finals of the championship double headers?

I know some posters on here wont be happy as many in Ulster despise belfast for the same reason that many in the south despise dublin, we are a city, however in our case they also hold it against our GAA stadia.

Will be brilliant to have a stadium like this in the city, f**k wales im staying here. lol

Would love to see the Dubs travel up the M1 for a 1/4 final..If these venues are available they should be used Croker should only get Semi Finals /Final..Don't mind the culchie nordies if it isnt Antrim their moaning about its Dublin Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:03 pm

It was a short and sweet statement.

16 December 2010
The Minister of Finance,Sammy Wilson, has announced today that funding for the re development for Casement Park HAS BEEN APPROVED.

Sounds good - but HTF did they manage get the funding for it through?

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Culchies def have something against us, i miss samins whinging about antrim getting this funding, where is he? lol

The funding has been lying idol for years pretty much from the first day the administration sat in stormont, thats why there isnt really a big out cry, if the brits are loaning yous lot 10 billion sure they can build us a stadium lol
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:28 am

mullins wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:Just read on the Antrim web site that the funding has been agreed for the new Casement, 40k state of the art seater apparently or 38k seats and 7k terrace was the other alternative - a mini croke park so to speak, id prefer the all seater myself.

Would love to see the Dubs travel up the M1 for a 1/4 final..If these venues are available they should be used Croker should only get Semi Finals /Final..Don't mind the culchie nordies if it isnt Antrim their moaning about its Dublin Rolling Eyes

slow down now Mullins lets not get ahead of yourself securing funding is one thing but miracles is beyond Mr Wilson
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:06 am

Sebastian wrote:It was a short and sweet statement.

16 December 2010
The Minister of Finance,Sammy Wilson, has announced today that funding for the re development for Casement Park HAS BEEN APPROVED.

Sounds good - but HTF did they manage get the funding for it through?

I suspect you mean on a day they announced 4 billion in cuts? That is a surprise, but I suspect the "we are all one" aspect we are supposed to display as part of the peace process came before cuts.

While Sammy is announcing Casement Gerry Kelly is on the Shankhill Road pleading for funding for special schools projects.

And always remember, we do have a Sinn Fein Government.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:40 am

think the money was lying there pat as part of legislation from the good friday agreement, although im happy to see casement get its facelift i would of also liked if the money went to the education or healthservice weaker areas, but they will say its a different budget.

Im just happy that casement is being done up it will create a lot of jobs too as any new development will see a new retail section, to be honest i can see them looking for a new site and selling the current one, the problem with that though would be finding the land in belfast which may be impossible.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:23 pm

I am over joyed about Casement and hopefully the ulster final will be restored to its true home.

If the East Tyrone and South Armagh brigade are afraid to travel to the big city all the better.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:13 pm

will they play soccer and rugby in this new stadium ?
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:05 pm

hipster 2 wrote:will they play soccer and rugby in this new stadium ?

Nope. They are also spending money on doing up Windsor park and Ravenhill.

what recession? we are boosting the construction industry.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:17 pm

i might head up to belfast so
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:47 am

Clones is the home of Ulster finals. WTF has Casement brought to the table only poor ancillary services and robbed cars?
If a change is necessary then build a stadium in the middle of the province. Don't use the gaels of Donegal, Derry and Tyrone to fund efforts to promote the GAA in Belfast.
For shame.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:54 am

RMDrive wrote:WTF has Casement brought to the table only poor ancillary services and robbed cars?

Leave Parnell Park out of this ............
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:56 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
RMDrive wrote:WTF has Casement brought to the table only poor ancillary services and robbed cars?

Leave Parnell Park out of this ............

Well even the duds want to get out of parnell park. Presume the security is better in croker.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:04 am

I would have no probs going to Gunrunner Park as long as there is an ASDA and Sainsburys close by.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:06 am

Armagh footballers -brought to you by cheaper prices from ASDA.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:10 am

What is the secondary service that casement provides that ballyboffet provides better?

Casement is your regional capital like it or lump it, the major stadia should be somewhere with easy access, and yes your right the robberies are wrong, maybe if they had a relationship with an organisation that can provide proper security in that area there would be none lol.

But in all seriousness, the initial plans have under ground carparks, the current front of casement as we know it would be shops bars (the only advantage clones has) and restaurants. So all good, yous culchies with your zero crime rates and towns full of people who are gaa puritans will have to deal with belfast a terrible city, imagine a crime rate in a city, traffic problems from time to time, imagine a city with occaisional traffic problems, and a diverse sporting community, imagine having a city with people who dont just follow the gaa.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:13 am

Yaw - I was offered a couple free ..... but I left them in the trolley ... (after I got my £1 back!!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:20 am

North Side Gael wrote:What is the secondary service that casement provides that ballyboffet provides better?

Casement is your regional capital like it or lump it, the major stadia should be somewhere with easy access, and yes your right the robberies are wrong, maybe if they had a relationship with an organisation that can provide proper security in that area there would be none lol.

But in all seriousness, the initial plans have under ground carparks, the current front of casement as we know it would be shops bars (the only advantage clones has) and restaurants. So all good, yous culchies with your zero crime rates and towns full of people who are gaa puritans will have to deal with belfast a terrible city, imagine a crime rate in a city, traffic problems from time to time, imagine a city with occaisional traffic problems, and a diverse sporting community, imagine having a city with people who dont just follow the gaa.

Wow, traffic problems, a diverse sporting community and crime? Really? Cause Letterkenny doesn't have any of those things. I mean we had that horrible incident last year where a round bale was moved from a field but it turned out that it had just rolled down a hill by itself so everything was ok. And I know we have a successful basketball and rugby club, not to mention the few soccer teams we have, but we still don't really understand do we.
FFS NSG will you get up off your hole and get out of Belfast and see if you can gain some understanding about the rest of the country. Stealing words from the dibs to describe your fellow provincial men and women is a bit pathetic too. Have you even been to Kiltimagh?
Stick the stadium in the middle of Ulster. It's fairly simple really.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:27 am

Belfast is connected by all major road networks, to nearly all parts of the province, why have it somewhere else? in the south they have the major stadiums in cork, galway, dublin all regional capitals. why is this one going to be different because the culchies dont like belfast?

Ive known the term culchie from no age, my club is from a villiage on the outskirts of belfast or was until the city ate the village so to speak, we could called culchies by city teams and city poofs by country teams, we couldnt win at all, im still not sure what i am, i think its a mental health problem at this stage lol.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Crime?

Ever tried renting a property in Donegal for a holiday, or even a caravan? That's criminal for you.

Where is this crime beside Casement? Surely there would be richer pickings in the 18 bedroom houses adjoining the ground in middle class suburbia that is the Andersonstown Road. I have parked at Casement for 36 years and never had any problem whatsoever.

Oh I remember soeone smashing a window at Fruithill Lawn Tennis and Bowls Club, more or less across the street from Casement, but you know what these Henman types are like.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:36 pm

patrique wrote:Crime?

Ever tried renting a property in Donegal for a holiday, or even a caravan? That's criminal for you.

Where is this crime beside Casement? Surely there would be richer pickings in the 18 bedroom houses adjoining the ground in middle class suburbia that is the Andersonstown Road. I have parked at Casement for 36 years and never had any problem whatsoever.

Oh I remember soeone smashing a window at Fruithill Lawn Tennis and Bowls Club, more or less across the street from Casement, but you know what these Henman types are like.

would that have anything to do with the fact that you paid a few quid to some heavy who obviously had friends in the rights places and with a wink and a nod he guaranteed the safe keeping of your car for the duration of the match. Its the only place where i have been asked for money to park my car on a public road!!!!1

The new stadium should be somewhere in the Cookstown/Magherafelt direction
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:35 am

Well there are (or were) areas around Croker where you may be asked to 'pay' for safe parking. As the old (and true) story goes ...

Kid - 'Mister give us a quid and we'll look after yer car.'

Mister - 'Nah - ye're grand, lads - I've a rottweiler in the back.'

Kid - 'Can he put out fires? .................'
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:41 am

patrique wrote:Crime?

Couldn't get the Anglia started?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down