GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you buy a new County Jersey every year?**

+7
mullins
SamiPremier08
OMAR
3inarow08
Jayo Cluxton
Boxtyeater
mossbags
11 posters

Go down

Do you buy a new County Jersey every year?** Empty Do you buy a new County Jersey every year?**

Post  mossbags Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:48 am

I don't. I have an array of Galway jerseys (Hurling and football) sporadically since 86 with the odd Kiltormer, Menlo Emmeths and Nott's Forest jersey thrown in for good measure. It's mental looking at some of the old ones, how the fook they ever played in them? The Hurling one I bought last year will do for both codes again next year, it would want to at a cost of 50 or 60 odd euro's.

Another question, do posters wear their county jerseys to all games. I'd only really use it for champo myself but I do see a few lads wearing them the whole time

**this is not a dig at the Cavan lads, at least not an intentional dig silent
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Do you buy a new County Jersey every year?** Empty Re: Do you buy a new County Jersey every year?**

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:21 pm

mossbags wrote: The Hurling one I bought last year will do for both codes again next year,

It should do all right, it didn't get too many outings in 2010.....It might last you till 2020 the way ye're going.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Do you buy a new County Jersey every year?** Empty Re: Do you buy a new County Jersey every year?**

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:26 pm

I have a few vintage ones which I like! Including 1983 which isn't very nice in design but has its memories. In truth I don't/wouldn't buy a new jersey but find that I get them mostly as presents - oh I love me Dub mug present too!! My fav is one from about 8 years ago which the bro lent me and never got back. There is a bit of warmth in the material and the sky blue is fading but its grand. In Liverpool a few years back (think it was a protest about changing strip four times a year) the older your shirt the bigger the kudos .......... scabby Scousers for ya.

I never wear the shirt during the League as its too bloody cold.

ps Moss - I have a wardrobe full of jerseys - most of which I dunno why I have. Roma with Totti on the back!!!! An away Newcastle jersey, a change (navy) Irish keepers jersey and a good few others.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
ps Moss - I have a wardrobe full of jerseys - most of which I dunno why I have. Roma with Totti on the back!!!! An away Newcastle jersey, a change (navy) Irish keepers jersey and a good few others.

I can only imagine you in those skintight Roma jerseys JC! affraid
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:08 pm

I bought a jersey for the 1990 AI semi final
Got it signed by 12 of the 15 in 92 at the Grand hotel in Malahide
Haven't washed it since
at this stage it leads a life of its own which is just as well its MS whereas Im now an L.
Bought another one in 02 for the Ulster final -Its my lucky Jersey
- It saw five straight defeats to Armagh

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:42 pm

I was rather proud to have been a member of a focus group/ 5th Year Irish class which concluded this would be the best choice for the new Westmeath jersey.

Do you buy a new County Jersey every year?** 000057c410dr

My pride though, descended into embarrassment when the local media bluntly described it as 'UGLY' .

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Whenever a new Tipp jersey comes out, I buy it.

I enjoy the "WTF is that jersey?" looks I get when I walk around wearing it.

As for wearing a jersey to matches, I wear one whenever Tipp are playing, whether I'm at the game or not. (I'm sad like that).
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:20 pm

I have flags in the house i got made and paid up to 500 euro for them..I have Jerseys and Polo shirts going back to the early 90s..Have an 83 team jersey signed by all the team bought for me by friends at a charity auction.Have 77 O'Neills Football signed by the team which i won in a raffle......Have being offered big money for them items which i have always refused.. Do you buy a new County Jersey every year?** 654413 Do you buy a new County Jersey every year?** 417703
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:26 pm

3inarow08 wrote:I can only imagine you in those skintight Roma jerseys JC! affraid

Eh Triona ... I think I'd rather you didn't ............. Suspect
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 am

I have 6 Meath jerseys currently. When the new ones come out I never get them straight away. Usually wait for my birthday which is just before the championship starts.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:30 am

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:I have 6 Meath jerseys currently. When the new ones come out I never get them straight away. Usually wait for my birthday which is just before the championship starts.

If you wait til after Meath's first championship game you will usually get them for half price ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:32 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:I have 6 Meath jerseys currently. When the new ones come out I never get them straight away. Usually wait for my birthday which is just before the championship starts.

If you wait til after Meath's first championship game you will usually get them for half price ....

5-9 to 0-13.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:35 am

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:5-9 to 0-13.

Louth 1-10 (Rooney goal, White pens)
Meath 1-12 ( Sheridan try, Ward 4 pens)
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:02 am

No, and yes.

After 47 years I finally bought myself a Kilkenny jersey a few weeks ago. Pride of place in the football jersey drawer, which also has two Dubs, two Mayo, one Galway, one Carlow, three Antrim, one school jersey, one club jersey, one Philidelphia eagles, one India one day cricket, 7 man City of various vintage, one Italy, Poland, Cameroon (away) Inter Milan, two barcelona..............

So I do buy a new one every year, but not in the sense of the question.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:17 pm

Oh I also have a new Waterford one and my club one.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:20 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:Whenever a new Tipp jersey comes out, I buy it.

I enjoy the "WTF is that jersey?" looks I get when I walk around wearing it.

As for wearing a jersey to matches, I wear one whenever Tipp are playing, whether I'm at the game or not. (I'm sad like that).

Does it not look like Leeds, Rugby League?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Here could people do me a favour please, Could yous take a picture of your GAA jersey or shorts and send them to me in private mail, I need different jersey pictures for my GCSE art coursework. Thanks x Smile
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:36 pm

up.the.oak.trees wrote:Here could people do me a favour please, Could yous take a picture of your GAA jersey or shorts and send them to me in private mail, I need different jersey pictures for my GCSE art coursework. Thanks x Smile

I was warned about people like you.

And that was 30 years before the net was invented.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down