GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are all rugby fans so minging?

+3
OMAR
Jayo Cluxton
mossbags
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why are all rugby fans so minging? Empty Why are all rugby fans so minging?

Post  mossbags Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:54 pm

Anyone else seen them ad's on the telly. I've never seen such a display of the Grotesque, can't tell the blokes from the birds! It's like a trailer for the 1932 horror flick 'Freaks'. Revolting!
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Why are all rugby fans so minging? Empty Re: Why are all rugby fans so minging?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:58 pm

Must have filmed it at a Connaught game in the Sportsgrounds. There does be some talent at the rugby at the Aviva I can tell ya.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Must have filmed it at a Connaught game in the Sportsgrounds. There does be some talent at the rugby at the Aviva I can tell ya.

The dogs who run round the Sportsground are better looking than the average rugby bint you'd find in Ballsbridge I'd say.

I have never seen such a wanton display of pure filth and mute ugliness as is in them ad's. To put animals like that into a TV ad, at this time, when all anyone wants is a bit of good news, is to the eternal shame of the name of Rugby Football in this country imho.

mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:23 pm

Jaysus there's a dog track at the Sportsground? I suppose thats good as it gets to see some real pedigree from time to time. Pity the rugby crowd can't seem to get out of the traps at all ...

C'mon Leinster roight!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:47 pm

mossbags wrote:Anyone else seen them ad's on the telly. I've never seen such a display of the Grotesque, can't tell the blokes from the birds! It's like a trailer for the 1932 horror flick 'Freaks'. Revolting!

The core historical fanbase emanates from a select number of fee paying schools primarily in the south dublin area or its enviorns. These schools tend to be male only but are associated with "sister" schools which are the "Female only"
fee paying schools - again in the south dublin area and its environs
Historically there have been strong affilations between these schools in terms of "debs dances" "pre-Debs dances- Co-organised school musicals and the like.
In that context there are many instances of relationships and marriages from the same "school Grouping" with offspring also attending the same schools dependant on gender - who then attend the same "debs/School musicals etc etc etc.

In summary I suspect that similar to the shorter lifespan of Pedigree dogs - A shallow Gene pool is not without its drawbacks.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:52 pm

It's the Munster rugby crowd that really get on my t!ts.

There is this massive pretence that they are the team of the common man, the 'spirit of Ireland' and other assorted forms of horse manure .They are every bit as posh and elitist as Leinster. They're not terrible people or anything just somewhat deluded.

Look at the list of schools most of the Munster players went to. You will see that they too are from the Private, elitist colleges like the Leinster goys yet that is rarely alluded to. I recall the reports of a regatta of yachts and hired helicopters travelling to Cardiff for the final a few years ago. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Sebastian wrote:It's the Munster rugby crowd that really get on my t!ts.

There is this massive pretence that they are the team of the common man, the 'spirit of Ireland' and other assorted forms of horse manure .They are every bit as posh and elitist as Leinster. They're not terrible people or anything just somewhat deluded.

Look at the list of schools most of the Munster players went to. You will see that they too are from the Private, elitist colleges like the Leinster goys yet that is rarely alluded to. I recall the reports of a regatta of yachts and hired helicopters travelling to Cardiff for the final a few years ago. Evil or Very Mad

With you there SEB there is nothing more annoying listening to some Munster Head telling his war story
about how he got a plane to Minsk a train to Oslo a ferry to Hamburg and then hired a Taxi to Perpingon
and had great camardarie with everyone en route Just so he could outwit O leary putting up the airfares.

Another thing I fine is that the Munster fans have a habit of only cheering the Munster lads at an Ireland game
Go ON ROG, Go On Stringer, GO on the Bull etc etc.

Irish by Birth
Twats by the grace of God

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:49 pm

I will never forget the hasty retreat they bet from Croker well before the end of the Heino semi. Jayo and top mate had box seats in the centre of the lower Cusack surrounded by said twats - and full of it they were too. Well before the end they were lying as low as the Fields of Athenry. They even left their free flags behind. One dropped his red beret complete with gold Eiffel Tower, no doubt purchased after he had got a plane to Minsk a train to Oslo a ferry to Hamburg and then hired a Taxi to Perpingon. JC proudly bagged said beret as a trophy of war and when refurb is fully done it will hang in the hallway instead of a moose's head!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:02 pm

By God then but there's a lot of lads around here that are Irish by birth and bitter by the grace of God! Laughing

I've been at Irish games where Leinster lads would only cheer for their own, Ulster lads cheer for their own, and Connacht lads cheering for........anyone! Razz

I've been at International Rules Series that have had Kerry fans cheering for Kerry players, Dublin fans cheering for Dublin players, and Tyrone fans cheering for......a fight! Razz

I've been at Ireland soccer games where you have ABU's mocking John O' Shea, etc.

Every team in every sport has a type of fan that they could do without. Singling out Munster, Leinster, Man. United, Celtic, Rangers, England, Dublin, Kerry etc. is unfair.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:40 pm

3inarow08 wrote:By God then but there's a lot of lads around here that are Irish by birth and bitter by the grace of God! Laughing

I've been at Irish games where Leinster lads would only cheer for their own, Ulster lads cheer for their own, and Connacht lads cheering for........anyone! Razz

I've been at International Rules Series that have had Kerry fans cheering for Kerry players, Dublin fans cheering for Dublin players, and Tyrone fans cheering for......a fight! Razz

I've been at Ireland soccer games where you have ABU's mocking John O' Shea, etc.

Every team in every sport has a type of fan that they could do without. Singling out Munster, Leinster, Man. United, Celtic, Rangers, England, Dublin, Kerry etc. is unfair.

Ulster lads cheering for their own ?
Well I for one confess to not being a season ticket holder at Ravenhill
nor did I have a Poster of Davy Tweedy next to my anna Kournakov and Ferrari F50.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Triona - despite my post Munster are my second fav team and I love to see them doing well. Their fans are a PITA though (a bit like Kerry's) Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Triona - despite my post Munster are my second fav team and I love to see them doing well. Their fans are a PITA though (a bit like Kerry's) Laughing

PITA?

Possibly in the ascendancy??? Razz
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:12 pm

I could digress on how much this ad and all that fallacy of 'special comradery' annoys me when it is on the telly...

But as the old cliché goes -- 'A picture paints a thousand words'.

Why are all rugby fans so minging? Head-up-ass

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:40 pm

3inarow08 wrote:PITA?
Possibly in the ascendancy??? Razz

Very close - but its pain in the ****!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:36 am

3inarow08 wrote:By God then but there's a lot of lads around here that are Irish by birth and bitter by the grace of God! Laughing

Triona If it helps

Best way of comparing the "Munster by the grace of God" bit
People from outside of Munster find this as endearing as the way a Kerryman might look at one your neighbours Festooned a Che T Shirt with "Peoples Republic of Cork" Emblazoned on it

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:59 am

OMAR wrote:
Triona If it helps

Best way of comparing the "Munster by the grace of God" bit
People from outside of Munster find this as endearing as the way a Kerryman might look at one your neighbours Festooned a Che T Shirt with "Peoples Republic of Cork" Emblazoned on it

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you on that slogan, it was no doubt created to get up people's noses. However, I wouldn't tar every Munster fan as having that mentality. It's the minority of every team's fans that give the whole a bad name. Be it Munster and their "Ireland's team" attitude, Leinster and their "D4" attitude, Kerry and their "ungrateful support base", Dublin and their "scumbag" element, etc. That was the moral of my story.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:22 pm

3inarow08 wrote:[Dublin and their "scumbag" element, etc.

Whoa there Triona - a scumbag element is not the exclusive preserve of Dublin!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Whoa there Triona - a scumbag element is not the exclusive preserve of Dublin!

And neither is Munster and their "Ireland's team" attitude, Leinster and their "D4" attitude, Kerry and their "ungrateful support base". But if you were to ask an uninformed person to give a lazy opinion or adjective to describe some team's support base then that's what you'll get in the majority of answers. I'm not agreeing with them, but don't shoot the messenger.

3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:45 pm

No - the others ARE spot on ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:30 pm

It's not that I have anything against the Munster folk, it's just the lies and bullshyt perpetrated by the Munster rugby marketing department and some media figures about the team being some sacred entity that slightly irritates me! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:No - the others ARE spot on ....

We'll agree to disagree there.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:14 pm

3inarow08 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:No - the others ARE spot on ....

We'll agree to disagree there.

Its the cork/limerick supporters that give munster a bad name..As for Dublin scum element could you back that comment up with facts pleaseeeee Neutral
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:16 pm

mullins wrote:
Its the cork/limerick supporters that give munster a bad name..As for Dublin scum element could you back that comment up with facts pleaseeeee Neutral

That's what I'm saying Mullins - I don't believe all Dublin fans can all be described as "scum". In the same way I don't believe all Kerry fans can be considered ungrateful because of their "small travelling support", according to some. Or that Leinster fans are all D4 heads, and all Munster fans believe they are the Irish person's team. I know plenty of Dublin fans that are as sound as you'd meet, Kerry fans that appreciate everything the players and team have given them, Leinster fans that come from the likes of Carlow and Wexford that are far from upper class and Munster fans that don't believe they're Ireland's team.

What I'm saying is you cannot stereotype fans. You get all sorts with any team/sport. JC disagrees with me on this. So that's where this lies.

3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:20 pm

Ah triona I don't disagree at all ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:06 pm

3inarow08 wrote:
mullins wrote:

That's what I'm saying Mullins - I don't believe all Dublin fans can all be described as "scum". In the same way I don't believe all Kerry fans can be considered ungrateful because of their "small travelling support", according to some. Or that Leinster fans are all D4 heads, and all Munster fans believe they are the Irish person's team. I know plenty of Dublin fans that are as sound as you'd meet, Kerry fans that appreciate everything the players and team have given them, Leinster fans that come from the likes of Carlow and Wexford that are far from upper class and Munster fans that don't believe they're Ireland's team.

What I'm saying is you cannot stereotype fans. You get all sorts with any team/sport. JC disagrees with me on this. So that's where this lies.

Triona i don't believe any fans on this island are scum,maybe them muppets on peoples republic, otherwise i think most fans are ok.I've had arguements with some supporters but none of them have tried to kill me yet....But some people call Dublin fans scum i can't see where they form that opinion from,I would say gardai reports after Dublin games could back up my arguement that Dublin fans are probably as well behaved as any on this island,We brought 40,000 to thurles and the gardai couldn't heep enough praise on our fans ,We brought 20,000 to clones no trouble,We bring maybe 60,000 to croker for big match days and i couldn't tell you the last time i seen violence inside or outside the ground,Where the term Dublin scum comes from, i don't know maybe because they boo not a hanging offence..it really sickens me when people put down our supporters,Because without them, Dublin Gaa would never be the same..This is not a dig out you
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next