GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medical matters...more bad news, allegedly.

+6
black&white
Jayo Cluxton
mossbags
RMDrive
OMAR
Boxtyeater
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Medical matters...more bad news, allegedly. Empty Medical matters...more bad news, allegedly.

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:46 am

I was in the town today and met the Doctors receptionist, casually, on the street around the 2 mark..She said "Boxty, your NCT is due around now, it being around your birthday, why not come in"
Boxty rambled up (after a half-one for fortification) to greet herself and meet the "New Partner" in the practise..***

A grand lad, 30ish, who kicked off with the B/P test....105/96....Allegedly very bad start...(This is all B/S to me)..but we carry on..Not Good.
Cholesteral...7.9...Ouch!....near record figure there, says he, grinning smugly..Cnut.....Not Good.
Weight....According to this bollix 35kg (How much is that) overweight...Not Good.
Exercise....Well, says I, I'd give a few hours a week playing.....Squash says he..nah! says I, the oul' accordeon...Not even funny.
Diet....Well, says I, (again) t'would be seasonal, summertime, a bit of porridge at 7 and nothing till noon(ish), but wintertime I'd eat an oul' fry around 11..Not Good.
Alcohol....Hmmmm says I, social drinker was the kindliest box, so I clicked that....An atopted version of my activities were met with a discerning frown...Not Good.
Smoking....Hmmmm again...A lifetime consumer of Sweet Afton, even the cutback to imported failed to impress...Not Good.....

"Come back Monday if you're here" was his parting comment, Himself will see you...Cnut... pale

***"Himself is (allegedly) in a home for the Bewildered after a proposed mega-development in Ballinamore went tits-up.....

Boxty is considering skipping the fry after the cattle are done in the morning.....considering mind you....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Medical matters...more bad news, allegedly. Empty Re: Medical matters...more bad news, allegedly.

Post  OMAR Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:26 am

Dr. Goldstein gave Boxty a week to live
Boxty said he wouldn't be able to pay the bill for a forthnight
Dr. Goldstein says I better give you another week then.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Medical matters...more bad news, allegedly. Empty Re: Medical matters...more bad news, allegedly.

Post  RMDrive Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:25 am

Sort yourself out ffs boxty. The interweb commmmmunitttttyy needs you alive.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:38 am

Boxtyeater wrote:the B/P test....105/96....

This just means you been leaking gas for the last 100 odd years or so.
To be fair to your Doc Boxty, most of us on here thought it was a lot longer than that.

A lifetime of frolics in the likes of Park House combined with a fetish for milking cows will catch up with a man
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:56 pm

Don't tell him about this place cos if comes on and reads your ramblings he'll have you sectioned.

ps Have ye e'er a bit of land for a bungalow that you could bequeath JC ..... you should ramble down to the solicitor and make them changes now. Don't forget to include me in .... Very Happy
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:ps Have ye e'er a bit of land for a bungalow that you could bequeath JC ..... you should ramble down to the solicitor and make them changes now. Don't forget to include me in .... Very Happy

Aren't you confusing bequeath with sell here......Go to Abbey Property Sales Ltd and get back to me....I won't be too hard on you...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:31 pm

I took the 'Fenagh' brother with me on the Corporate Skite last night. Should be down shortly .... Wink
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:32 pm

ps Don't be tight FFS ...... you can't take it with ya .... Shocked
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:38 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:ps Don't be tight FFS ...... you can't take it with ya .... Shocked

He can try
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:27 pm

i'll sort it out box if you give me the cash i will sort ye out with a cheque ya wouldnt want the men struggling with the pine now would ye?

i mena there would need ta be room left in there for yourself....

PS ... good luck with the retest never mind the dodgy breaks as long as the engine is a running she'll be grand!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:32 pm

Its like the NCT .... Mr B has a few fail advisories so he goes off and gets them fixed (eases off the fries and pints and cigs) and will go back and pass for another two years. The dreaded alternative is the scrappage scheme!! affraid
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Boxty if it comes to the bit is it ok if we hijack the funeral as a publicity stunt to advertise GT website - a man of your stature it will be plastered all over the RTE news and every paper in the South and beyond - would easily be the cheapest form of advertising - we would of course make a small donation to the costs of the wooden suit!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Pay no heed boxty to those quacks. Was told by one of them 15 years ago that I was passed my sell by date and the fags etc would wipe me out affraid . Guess what? He is 6 foot under for 4 years and I am still wheezing along Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 pm

I was in the Vets this afternoon getting a couple of doses for cattle and paying the bill for the year to date..OUCH!!!!
I was just out the door when I bumped into an old buddy and we both flamed up 2 fags and discussed matters of local importance.....

Who rolls up in a flashy Audi A4 only this new hoor of a Doctor....The withering look he flashed at Boxty, fag in one paw and bags of agri-medicine in the other, must have indicated to him that I'd gone clean off my rocker and was now indulging in some alternative medical experiment.....

In an unplanned effort at reversing trends, I haven't had a scoop all day.....yet. Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:I was in the Vets this afternoon

Oh I thought you meant like Vietnam vets - somewhere for old codgers to go in the afternoon now that Life at Three is no more. Good to hear you're off the sauce - your posts are making sense tonight ... nearly. You'd want to give up the fags though ... they killed many a man ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:I was in the Vets this afternoon

Oh I thought you meant like Vietnam vets - somewhere for old codgers to go in the afternoon now that Life at Three is no more. Good to hear you're off the sauce - your posts are making sense tonight ... nearly. You'd want to give up the fags though ... they killed many a man ......

11.40 pm.....Might squeeze a couple of them cheap Guinness tinnies in before the scratcher...Medical matters...more bad news, allegedly. Food-s41
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:01 am

On the 1500th ml on Ken here meself but will leave it at that soon ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:04 am

Speaking of beer lads if any of you ever come across Steigl Goldbreau anywhere here or abroad, try it. But be prepared to brand every other beverage you've had as p***. The nectar of the Gods..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:06 am

Jonsmith wrote:Speaking of beer lads if any of you ever come across Steigl Goldbreau anywhere here or abroad, try it. But be prepared to brand every other beverage you've had as p***. The nectar of the Gods..

Must have a go at that JS but will never remember it!! Will you write it down for me?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:12 am

Jonsmith wrote:Speaking of beer lads if any of you ever come across Steigl Goldbreau anywhere here or abroad, try it. But be prepared to brand every other beverage you've had as p***. The nectar of the Gods..

A search will be initiated when time permits....Up to me oxters with livestock issues for a few days.....And before you supply a smart answer, No, I'm not "borrowing" a dozen or two for the by now forgotten "Headage count"......Quare oul' days them, fookin' stock were dizzy with movement from A to B... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:28 am

Suspect

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here ya go it might burn it into your memory. Now I had it on tap in Austria so I'm sure bottles wouldn't do it justice, but it was by far and away the nicest beer I have ever had.

Boxty- There was a man who lived beside us, not happy unless he was well up on everyone's business, sat in beside another local, old time farmer, notoriously secretive, in the pub one night and nodded for a pint. He took the opportunity for an uninterrupted interview and had asked his new companion at least 5 questions before I even had decorated the mahogany. Each one was brilliantly dodged, the last being "How many cows are you milking these days?" The swift reply was "All of them.."

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:35 pm

Went for the full NCT myself the 100,000 miles one - Mater Private €350 lids - three hours - every orifce carefully oiled.
breath,Bloods,Numbers 1&2, Heart, Cardio thingy, Chest Xrays, Bits and bobs, sight, hearing, etc etc.

BP, Chest, heart, P&&sh, St%%ls,bits and bobs, etc etc all sound - BP dandy - How much do you drink in a week
25 units says I - Not too bad says he - but I'd give it a decent lash at the weekend says I.
Cholestrol 3.2 of the bad stuff needs a watching brief but no big deal
We also looked at your ESR, Heamoglobin,HCT,MCV,MCH,MCHC,ESR,Sodium,Pottasium,UREA,Creatinine,Platelets,Albumin,Billrubin,Calcium,Inorganic Phosphate,Triglyceride, PSA, Ferrsin, Urate and they all seem fine.
Sound Doc so im on me way and all Okay
No says he just one small hiccup
Whats that says I
Your ALT was a bit high - Me what says I - One of the Liver Function tests says he
OK doc on a scale of 1-10, 1 being nearly OK and 10 being Georgie Best what does that mean
About a 3 says he.
nothing to worry about says he - Just stay off the Sauce for 6-8 weeks affraid and get it re-tested we will take it from there.

All fine and Dandy - Am going to go without every Tuesday for a year - should do the trick.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:06 pm

OMAR wrote:Went for the full NCT myself the 100,000 miles one - Mater Private €350 lids - three hours - every orifce carefully oiled.
breath,Bloods,Numbers 1&2, Heart, Cardio thingy, Chest Xrays, Bits and bobs, sight, hearing, etc etc.

All fine and Dandy - Am going to go without every Tuesday for a year - should do the trick.

Jesus, I wouldn't care to chance that one, the poor hoor doing it might have a heart attack. That would be based on rigorous test, not Boxtyish evasive answers or downright misrepresentation of facts...

Number 2 sounds like the proper approach all right... Laughing
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Medical matters...more bad news, allegedly. Empty [b]It gets worse.....[/b]

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Herself was whining about the state of the kitchen...antiquated, dilapidated etc.,...
"Fook it" says Boxty, its lasted 60 fookin' years, since the oul' pair's time..'Twill do our day...Nah! says the WO, spurred on by our daughter, whom, I feel is playing the "Daddy's favourite girl" card.....
Faced with a potential re-fit cost of €5-10k. Boxty had a swift re-evaluation....I procured a lock of worktops (discontinued lines) from an ol' buddy (Gunner Woods)...€25, plus pints later on and yesterday commissioned the Crane for the fitting....
The hoor disconnected pipes, flooded (well partially) the kitchen and generally made a balls of the whole house. Mad ..I slung the hoor €50 and he's off on the skite.

The War Office is mightily impressed with the job, but the Crane has exposed areas that require painting, hence the whole kitchen needs a lick Question , not to mention the oul' presses..... Mad
No fookin' dinner, as yet, due to cleaning up duties, hence on here and she's mentioned a "full paint job"....

When I get a break, I'll have a conny word with Dan the Dauber, I might get out under €200 all told..........Bad news all round..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:59 pm

As I told ya earlier in this thread ya can't take it with ya. There is great value in kitchens these days. The moosus now has a state of the art job - even a dishwasher (JC now redundant Very Happy ). Walnut and cream - drawers in drawers, top range cooker, fridge, new washing machine that talks to ya, a big island, Franke sink, filtered water with reverse osmosis (whatever TF that is), JCs kegerator. She doesn't know herself and I expect to reap the bounty as soon as she finishes that basic cookery course I've enrolled her on ...

Spend the money outta that ya tight wad!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next