GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best of ..... 2010 Championship

+4
patrique
mossbags
clash-of-da-ash
Jayo Cluxton
8 posters

Go down

Best of ..... 2010 Championship Empty Best of ..... 2010 Championship

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:04 am

Anyone care to have a stab at this .... feel free to add any other categories ... [lazy b*****ds!]

Best game of the Championship:

Best Point:

Best Goal:

Biggest Controversy:

Player of the Year:

Funniest moment:
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Best of ..... 2010 Championship Empty Re: Best of ..... 2010 Championship

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:07 am

Here's mine for the hurling.

Best game of the Championship: Galway vs Tipp

Best Point: Richie Hogan's against Galway in the Leinster final. Couldn't catch the ball again and turnt left and right before hitting it over the bar, didn't even show it on the Sunday Game.

Best Goal: Lar Corbett's 3rd goal against Kilkenny.

Biggest Controversy: From a Galway point of view the changing of the venue of the u21 final to Thurles.

Player of the Year: Lar Corbett

Funniest moment: Cyrill Farrell putting his hand in front of Tomas Mulcahy on the Sunday Game.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 am

Best game of the Championship:

Best Point:

This ripped my heart asunder and Im still not right to be honest but I thought then and I think now it was utterly fooking awesome

But this was even better

Best Goal:
I thought the 2nd of these, described by some as a 'tap in', was the goal of the year

mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:55 pm

Tap in for good hurlers. Clear through with just the goalie to beat.

Corbett actually did take too many steps.

Sign of panic.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:56 pm

And just noticed that as the Kilkenny full back retreats for the FIRST goal he trips over Lar and falls.

Another tap in.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:57 pm

patrique wrote:And just noticed that as the Kilkenny full back retreats for the FIRST goal he trips over Lar and falls.

Another tap in.

Brian Lohan wouldn't have fallen over on his hole like that.....

Noel Hickey, the greatest full back to play the game my ringpiece
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:59 pm

The 2 games between Galway and Offaly were 2 of the best games for entertainment value and weren't even shown live on RTE.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:05 am

Go to 6:40 in the video for point of the year.

clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:17 am

That was some score by Hogan alright Clash, although KK were more or less in cruise control at that stage. I always place more emphasis on scores when they are pulled nearly from nowhere, right out of the fire, when a team needs them most like the two points from Corbett and Canning I acknowledged above. That is just my opinion though.

Re Patrique,I know what your saying there's more to the actual finish in terms of what constitutes a great goal. Maybe you should take another look at it. Or better still, if you have a better one this year, throw it up for all to see.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:28 pm

agree with mossbags here, points scored when they really matter are always better in my opinion - or at least always seem better.

SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:32 pm

joe shows point v tipp a sideline cut from in front of the dugouts. was in a box behind the goals that day with tipp galway and antrim lads no one belived he would slot er over. i said he would give it a good enough rattle. sure it nearly landed in our corporate box!

cummings point in the final was some effort too.
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Best game of the Championship: Galway V Offaly (1 and 2) Honourable mention to Antrim V Carlow

Best Point: Winkers 4th against Cork, with his back tio the goal from the sideline.

Best Goal: Richie Power's in the All Ireland final stood out

Biggest Controversy: John Tennyson waving his arms that much that his hurl flew out of his hand as he protested at the number of steps Lar Corbett took for the second goal. And the ref ignored him!!!!!!!!!!

Player of the Year: Eddy Byrne (Carlow) Reminds me of Ollie Collins at his best.

Funniest moment: Tyrone leading Cavan by 6-24 to 1-14 in the Ulster championship and having 15 men in defence behind the ball. Old habits..........
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:02 pm

[quote="The Puke"]
patrique wrote:And just noticed that as the Kilkenny full back retreats for the FIRST goal he trips over Lar and falls.

Another tap in.

Brian Lohan wouldn't have fallen over on his hole like that.....

Only against 17 year olds called Clooney.

Four times.

patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:04 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:agree with mossbags here, points scored when they really matter are always better in my opinion - or at least always seem better.

I agree. Kilkenny were three behind, Larkin cuts through again, Tipp lads commit GBH, as the Garda are intervening the ref gives the free.

As Richie prepares to take it to put a mere two points behind the teams, he notices the ref pointing the other way!!!!

Cummings taps it over, suddenly it is 4 points.

Yes it was a big score.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:07 pm

Oops, on a serious note point of the year and possibly millennium was the winning point in the Antrim Minor final scored by Paddy McNaughton of Cushendall. He had already scored one belter, but this one really was special, in the night that was in it.

patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:25 am

Would have to put a category in for UNDERDOGS of the year and for this you have to say Carlow, i think antrim where in with a shout for this after there victory over the dubs, however the progression this year by carlow was unreal, beating local rivals laois then coming into belfast and scaring the **** clean out of us.

Most exciting game of the year too i would have to be antrim v carlow, end to end stuff by two countys striving to make the next round and last round of the qualifiers, i know most people wont have seen this game for the larger carlow following and the thousands of antrim fans in casement it was prenty unreal to watch real passion on the pitch that day only a shame someone had to lose.

Best moment for me goes to antrim corner back pretending his hurl was a gun and aiming at hill 16 after antrim beat the dubs, always good to have the craic with the boys on the hill, wasnt taken in bad humour as it wasnt done in that way, the fella had craic with what is probably the best banter support in the hurling championship, even sitting there in the cusack id some craic with them.

Most improved team im going for kerry, u21 B all ireland and the christy ring cup finalists, if down dont get there house in order this winter they will have no chance of wrenching the CRC from the grasp of this young exciting team look forward to seeing them back in the liam mc carthy. Mention here too should go to Armagh hurling, who won the NRC plus made their first ulster minor hurling final appearance in 40 or 50 years and followed that up by reaching the first u21 ulster final since 70s, real joy to watch and a another team teams should be looking over their shoulder at.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down