GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jayo Cluxton

+8
OMAR
North Side Gael
Thomas Clarke
Grenvile
whiterbananas
Floops
Jayo Cluxton
mullins
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jayo Cluxton Empty Jayo Cluxton

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:36 pm

Why put so much effort in to a site thats just waiting to bash Dublin Football..JC your above this site find your goal..Your a Top poster and a true Dublin legend on the internet...Watch your back i've had pm of your friends calling you a WUM.....
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Jayo Cluxton Empty Re: Jayo Cluxton

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:34 am

I'll be honest here mullins. I don't like what I see here tonight. Our lads came up short but gave it all. We were honest, hard working and sporting.

As posted on another thread it sickened me the way the Mayo fans jumped up when Cork went ahead. I never boo a free (as 90% of Dub fans) yet we are all scumbags etc. I love the GAA but there is a massive ABD thing out there and it is sickening - and I won't go into jobs etc. It is the most annoying thing for me at the end of a great day ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:16 am

To be fair lads, the amount of slabbering the two of you were doing last week running other counties down, i would say there was always going to be a few who who were glad to see you'se getting beat. Myself included

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Didn't see much slabbering ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Hardluck yesterday lads. It's always hard coming out after a match that you lost but know you could have won. I had yous as my favourites to win the All Ireland but unfortunately yous just didn't have the legs to go the distance this year. Keep the heads up and just remember how many of the counties of the people slagging yous beat a team who were thought to be in the top three and got to an All Ireland semi.

Back to top Go down

Post  Floops Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:47 pm

samin10 wrote:To be fair lads, the amount of slabbering the two of you were doing last week running other counties down, i would say there was always going to be a few who who were glad to see you'se getting beat. Myself included

that's the reason you wanted us to lose? man-up for jaysus sake sure what's the purpose of the site if you can't needle a wee bit....
Floops
Floops
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:08 pm

I don't recall running anyone down last week. I always give my opinion and sometimes do with tongue in cheek (or whatever the keyboard equivalent is!). I don't even recall boasting that Dublin would win cos I didn't. I can take it on the chin.

Its the ABD thing that annoys me or people delighted that Dublin lost cos their fans boo frees. WTF have the players to do with that. Or Mayo fans jumping around the stand when Cork went ahead - WTF is that about? What part of Mayo is in Cork? Jaysus I have been at many games as a neutral and may have been favouring one team over another but I wouldn't be jumping around the place if they won.

The Dublin team and fans are hated by probably 95% of the rest of the country - I have no doubt about that. Maybe thats why they don't show much respect. Respect is a two way thing - if you don't get any you ain't gonna give any.

But if there was no Dublin the GAA would be a much less exciting entity.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Mayo fans jumping around the stand when Cork went ahead - WTF is that about? What part of Mayo is in Cork?

Ya know nothing about those lads though. Maybe they have family from cork, maybe they live in cork, maybe they just really like cork
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo
Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:22 pm

whiterbananas wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Mayo fans jumping around the stand when Cork went ahead - WTF is that about? What part of Mayo is in Cork?

Ya know nothing about those lads though. Maybe they have family from cork, maybe they live in cork, maybe they just really like cork

Maybe they just wanting to latch on to a winning team for a change ..... Twisted Evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Maybe they just wanting to latch on to a winning team for a change .....

no we ve done every bit as well as cork in recent times, regularly getting to finals
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Jayo I really didn't expect this typical sensitive Dublin Fan approach from you after a game. It repeats itself on numerous forums year after year. First any wrong word against the Dubs and you're an ABD, then the siege mentality strolls in followed closely by "the GAA would be nothing without us" line. It seems to be the standard comfort procedure used after any defeat. You seem to be hitting the stages slightly slower than Mullins who raced through them and even managed to tell us we were jealous of Dublin's culture along the way!

Perhaps the Mayo fans around you hadn't forgotten Pillar shouldering Moran in the back, or Whelan's attempt to decapitate McGarrity. Neutrals will hold grudges and support teams based on that, in such an enthralling game as yesterday I find it amazing that you can condemn them for getting into they hype.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Jonsmith wrote: It repeats itself on numerous forums year after year. First any wrong word against the Dubs and you're an ABD, then the siege mentality strolls in followed closely by "the GAA would be nothing without us" line. It seems to be the standard comfort procedure used after any defeat. You seem to be hitting the stages slightly slower than Mullins who raced through them and even managed to tell us we were jealous of Dublin's culture along the way!

I was thinking the same myself JS. In fact, I'm almost sure that this behaviour was first observed (repeatedly) in the since-departed Liamwalkinstown, and has been passed down, ad verbatim, to Dublin posters who have followed in his footsteps. A GAA forum historian like Loyal could probably confirm if this was indeed the origin?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Am not sensitive at all JS. But I have to admit I find it rather galling that the Dubs are constantly knocked and derided. A few years back the showboating/gloating/walking to the Hill gave all the ammo.

But this team is as honest and hardworking as I have seen in a Dublin shirt. They are mostly young lads, many in their first season. They put a lot of time and effort in (as do all other counties) and when they fall short everyone is delighted - always. Or this attitude of I'm delighted ye lost cos some clowns on the Hill boo frees. Well there were probably 50,000 Dublin fans there yesterday. The vast majority respectful and knowledgeable. Maybe a lot of them don't like the booing either? And what can the players do about it?

Its not a siege mentality either - I have watched it for years - with all counties. It is a fact that the vast vast majority of non-Dubs hate us. I am not looking for sympathy - I just find it really galling thats all.

And there is plenty of Cork v Mayo history too so to suggest that maybe they did it because of an incident 4 years ago when most of the team were not involved - nor the management is BS. It boils down to simple hatred of Dublin.

I did not say the GAA would be nothing without us. But you have your head in the sand if you can't see that Dublin bring more to the C'ship in every aspect than any other county.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
And there is plenty of Cork v Mayo history too so to suggest that maybe they did it because of an incident 4 years ago when most of the team were not involved - nor the management is BS. It boils down to simple hatred of Dublin.

I did not say the GAA would be nothing without us. But you have your head in the sand if you can't see that Dublin bring more to the C'ship in every aspect than any other county.

I shouted for Cork Jayo. And here's why: Because of the Mayo incident, even though I dislike Mayo. Because of Bernard Brogan smashing home goals against Westmeath last year while they were hammering them and celebrating like he had won Sam. Because of the hype and subsequent flop of the teams of recent years. Because of the scum element on the hill. Because of people like Mullins who come out saying stuff like "Our time has come". Because of Dubs constantly going on about how much the GAA depends on them.
Are those legitimate reasons to dislike a county team most of whom were't involved in the incidents? Of course not! But that's how fickle a neutrals support is! If every team was to be judged solely based on player honestly and effort neutral support would be one mass of indifference.

Every aspect?? Money, Hype/Atmosphere and.... Question

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:58 pm

Again I did not say the GAA depended on the Dubs - read what I said. But sound, solid reasoning there JS. You make my point very well thanks.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Im not an ABD at all, in fact two of my brothers where born in dublin and ive cousins there too, i know what you are saying JC that the dubs bring a lot of colour and noise to the championship but the whole whistles when another team is attacking and waving and cheering wides is why most people want to see the back of them well thats my opinion anyway!

I think every county brings its own unique thing to the table in the championship weather its the passion of the underdog or the singing and chanting of the "big county" crowds its all needed to complete the championship and make it special, weather your dublin, antrim, tyrone or clare!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Again I did not say the GAA depended on the Dubs - read what I said. But sound, solid reasoning there JS. You make my point very well thanks.

Your getting me wrong Jayo, such fickle reasoning for supporting a certain team in a certain game can be applied to any encounter. Yet the Dubs are the only county who take this personally!

I'm shouting for Kildare next weekend, will I be an AB Down? Of course not. When Kerry were knocked out and people said they were happy to see their grip on the championship ended did the Kerry lads start telling us they were the aristocrats or football wouldn't be what it is without them? Dublin fans are the most sensitive/defensive in the country.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:34 pm

JS the fact is that most people hate Dublin and as you point out will cling to the most fickle reasons to support this. Even here we have people who profess to be rooting for Dublin but put the boot in as soon as they can. Why? Cos people on the Hill boo? Or cos there is a guy on here who has a passion for his county and does a bit of wumming sometimes? I will support Kildare next week but I wouldn't be jumping around if they won or lost nor would I begrudge Down a win. Fact is that the majority of people absolutely love to see Dublin lose. No other county can compare to this though Meath get a bit of it too.

And I am not a bit sensitive about it. It actually sickens me.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:57 pm

North Side Gael wrote:
I think every county brings its own unique thing to the table in the championship weather its the passion of the underdog or the singing and chanting of the "big county" crowds its all needed to complete the championship and make it special, weather your dublin, antrim, tyrone or clare!

I agree totally with this. You are obviously hurting today Jayo, and trying to fight your corner, but it is getting totally carried away to say that Dublin bring more to the championship than any other county, in every aspect.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I will support Kildare next week but I wouldn't be jumping around if they won or lost

Thats not really supporting them then
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:05 pm

JC, enough come on, if its the dubs its bad, when anyone of the six counties does well winning more than one competition in a couple of years the entire of the south start attacking there style of football (ring any bells), and these boys are as hard working and honest as the next team, but they have to take it as an honest criticism or opinion.

I wasnt delighted to see the dubs out but i can see why people would be as they want to see the back of the colour and noise the hill brings as some of it is ignorant. What im getting at here is, its not just the dubs who get this flack, cork hurlers and footballers have taken a lot of flack on this and other forums since their strikes! It goes in circles and i think people will rub it in when youve supporters like mullins running down tyrone last week calling them a spent force!

Id say most on here wouldnt mind seeing a dublin player from the current panel winning an all ireland medal but id say theyd begrudge it to the boo'ers or the whistler on the hill, its a fact, i actually like the dubs but that **** pisses me off, id a great time after the antrim dub hurling game slagging and the rest and yous have good supporters unfortunately like everything else people will home in on the negatives!

Chill out and laugh it off man, antrim fans get stick up here at times too and yeah we do go defensive but hey its one of them things!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:but it is getting totally carried away to say that Dublin bring more to the championship than any other county, in every aspect.

Well we ought to with 1.1 million people I suppose. No - I am not saying that different crowds don't bring different things but on a consistent basis Dublin fans bring more to the C'ship than any others.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Was watching the game at home yesterday with my five year old daughter

Daddy which team are we
Neither pet
Whose playing
Dublin and Cork
Which ones are in the blue colours like Cavan
Dublin
Which ones are we closest to
Dublin
Which ones are winning
Dublin

We should be for Dublin then ?
I agreed didn;t have the heart to explain

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Out of the mouth of babes ........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Out of the mouth of babes ........

Ya, lets talk about babes. That will cheer ye up a bit
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down