GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puck Fair

+2
SamiPremier08
3inarow08
6 posters

Go down

Puck Fair Empty Puck Fair

Post  3inarow08 Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Well lads that's it for another year. Ireland's oldest festival and the cause of many a sore head and burst lip over the years! Puck Fair Drunken_smilie

Anyone ever been?
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Puck Fair Empty Re: Puck Fair

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Haven't a clue what you're talking about to be honest
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:30 pm

I was at it once when I was younger. The whole thing about the goat kinda confused me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:07 am

Tis great!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:25 am

3inarow08 wrote:Well lads that's it for another year. Ireland's oldest festival and the cause of many a sore head and burst lip over the years! Puck Fair Drunken_smilie

Anyone ever been?

The RSPCA should have been called in 200 years ago on this porterfest.....Animals require protection too you know. Your friend PO'S was right about ye'... Puck Fair Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:09 am

Me circa July 1994

Puck Fair Moi12

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:17 am

Puck Fair Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Was at nuptuail feast in west Cavan
1pm to 7.00 am

Have one of those hangovers that are not sick stomach and sore head but more a case
of knowing I cant legally drive until Wednesday
Thought of fairs festivals and other events if cheer are beyond me - Half bottle of wine and a few Remy Martins looks best option
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:18 pm

OMAR wrote:Was at nuptuail feast in west Cavan
1pm to 7.00 am

Have one of those hangovers that are not sick stomach and sore head but more a case
Thought of fairs festivals and other events if cheer are beyond me - Half bottle of wine and a few Remy Martins looks best option

In my experience of such events around that general neck of the woods, I have generally found the day or two after to be far more enjoyable. You have shaken off the attentions of her sister's/cousins/general pains in the hole and rambled out around the 4ish. mark feeling decidedly seedy.....
A precursor to venturing out would be any form of cold meat (as much as you can force down) accompanied by a jar of beetroot.. Puck Fair Icon_eek

The couple of oul' cognacs are indeed a worthy call, to be followed by 3 or 4 large bottles of cider or Macardles (chilled) if available.
Around the 6 mark and after a couple of bog stops you should have cleared out the system and should be plateauing nicely to what should be a festive evening.
Lying on the couch, getting grief from rugrats/current wife is for wimps...
I'll send Tommy "Taxi" Beirne down to ferry you around for the early days of next week..You can fix up with him yourself...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:25 pm

1pm to 7.00 am

How'd you get on Omar? Did you visit any of our fine establishments or encounter any characters?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:33 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
1pm to 7.00 am

How'd you get on Omar? Did you visit any of our fine establishments or encounter any characters?

Went to 7shoes in belturbet for four sneaky pints of stout - after that got hotel bound
4 glasses of shampoo(louis roderer Crisatl), 3 pints of ken - then the meal - 2 glasses of white Puligny montrachet) 5 glasses of red (something frenchish) 2 post meal brandies - then to the real drinking 10 pints of ken then hit the top shelf about 2 am - a dozen odd Red breasts
(had a few mojitos) from the cocktail bar in the imterim - just in the interests of hydration.

Wife not speaking - dont know who I insulted between 3 and 7 - came home with the wrong suit jacket - All in a big night
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:47 pm

OMAR wrote:[ a dozen odd Red breasts

Wife not speaking - dont know who I insulted between 3 and 7 - came home with the wrong suit jacket - All in a big night

1. A cracking shout, top marks for choice there Bud...

2. Again, a noble event in itself, at least you had your own trousers for which she should be thankful for....

Was at one of those cousins of mine's weddings that you know in Galway back in the day...Wedding in the Great Southern, staying in the Skeff. Went for a few late ones around the 2 mark, out west somewhere. Woke up around the 10 mark, 7 or 8 miles from the city, surrounded by cousins/pals (10 of us) all asleep in the pub.
A few to "steady the ship" and back to the Skeff to find War Office had fooked off with the car, a scaldy note and the bill to be paid....

Simpler times.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:55 pm

War office on writing terms would be considerable progress from current status

spoke to one of your Coz recently (near airport based) - New M3 has him happy as a dog witrh several """"" (bones)
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:36 pm

OMAR wrote:War office on writing terms would be considerable progress from current status

spoke to one of your Coz recently (near airport based) - New M3 has him happy as a dog witrh several """"" (bones)

I'm off to a removal in short. Doubtless a lock of creamy ones in the aftermath. Will toast your health with one or two early liveners.... Life can be tough.. Puck Fair Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down