GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Refereeing standards

Go down

Refereeing standards Empty Refereeing standards

Post  North Side Gael Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:54 pm

Have to say i normally try to refrain from posting on GAA sites about referees however the frustration has grown more and more with referees afraid to give vital decisions to small teams or the underdog then will give them silly frees on out the pitch.

Whats this about, we clearly see referees giving the benefit of the doubt to the big counties however its getting quite ridiculous when they give frees to the big counties in vital positions yet wee teams will have to be physically assaulted before winning a free inside the hotspot.

I think the standard of refereeing stinks, i also believe the tampering of the rules by the big wigs in croke park are almost stopping wee teams from getting further.

I believe things needs done, one is video referee, the other two referees one in each half of the pitch, we need referee assessment committee made up of ex players and coaches not referees (how can the police themselves?), we also need an independant time keeper and finally a proposal to croke park to put a halt to playing rule changes, does anyone else have any views on this?

What happened to louth this year was the final straw for me and then the continuous f*ck ups by referees in club and county games across the county
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down