GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin Hurling

3 posters

Go down

Dublin Hurling Empty Dublin Hurling

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:58 pm

I think Dublin hurling has surprised a lot of people in the League this year with good wins over Galway and now Waterford last weekend. They now find themselves tied at the top of the league. Their team is realitively young made up out of a number of players from the team who got to the 2007 under 21 hurling final with Alan McCrabbe the pick of the bunch. Anthony Daly has done a good job since taking over and he deserves some credit.

I do however doubt if they can carry this sort of form into the championship. As we saw last year they couldn't finish off a Wexford team who scored just one point in the first half. Although they are doing quite well in the league, the championship is a different animal and I can see them underperforming again on the big stage as they did last year.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Dublin Hurling Empty Re: Dublin Hurling

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:16 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:I think Dublin hurling has surprised a lot of people in the League this year with good wins over Galway and now Waterford last weekend. They now find themselves tied at the top of the league. Their team is realitively young made up out of a number of players from the team who got to the 2007 under 21 hurling final with Alan McCrabbe the pick of the bunch. Anthony Daly has done a good job since taking over and he deserves some credit.

I do however doubt if they can carry this sort of form into the championship. As we saw last year they couldn't finish off a Wexford team who scored just one point in the first half. Although they are doing quite well in the league, the championship is a different animal and I can see them underperforming again on the big stage as they did last year.

Clash - we bet Cork too!! Razz

From a starting point of looking to avoid relegation we are in a position of looking to go further - could be on full points if the keeper hadn't spilled against Limerick! I agree the C'ship is a different animal but beating the likes of Waterford and Galway - even in the League - can only be good for confidence!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:27 pm

Make no mistake,Dublin mean business this year under Anthony Daly. Liam Rush has a touch of magic about him and with the likes of McCrabbe, Trainor and Fallon they have a solid look about them throughout the team. Hammering Galway in the opening league match was no fluke and they've underlined that by beating Cork and Waterford and should not have lost to Limerick.
With a record like this and seeing how Wexford and Antrim are struggling to get results in Div 2, I would make Dublin clear 3rd favourites for Leinster this year. Offaly might come good yet and with Galway showing tiny signs of progresss lately, the race for 2nd place in this years Leinsters chship is really hotting up.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down