GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers

+3
hurlingguru
GAA-Fan
gaamad1996
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Empty Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Hello There.

Hope ye enjoy this new feature.

GAELIC FOOTBALL FIXTURES

SATURDAY 10TH JULY 2010

2PM. PEARSE STADIUM,GALWAY. GALWAY V WEXFORD LIVE ON RTE.

With Galway last week beaten by Sligo by 2 points in their replay Galway will play on Saturday for the 3rd week in a row and the Tribesmen also have their long serving stalwart of the team, Michael Meehan doubtful due to injury. The Boys of Wexford come with a recent victory over London but will have a strong challenge to beat the Galway men on Saturday. Meehan's loss could have a chance for the Yellow Bellies managed by Waterford native, Jason Ryan. Referee Jimmy White is the man in the middle of the park. VERDICT:Galway by a relatively small margin.

3PM PAIRC UI CAOIMH, CORK. CORK V CAVAN.

After Cork recently being beaten by a solitary point by Kerry and the same side may see a few changes in the team with Donnacha O'Connor and Paul Kerrigan doubtful for inclusion in Conor Counihans first fifteen but Aidan Walsh, Nicholas Murphy and John Miskella all in contention to play for the rebels. The Breffni Men will travel down south feeling quietly confident with longtime Cavan Superstar Seanie Johnston being their key to success. Syl Doyle from Wexford will referee this encounter. VERDICT:Cork

5PM O CONNOR PARK, TULLAMORE. OFFALY V WATERFORD.

After Offaly cheekily beating Clare with a late goal, the home side will have to be on top form to overcome the Deise. Waterford who won Division 4 this year in the National League, come on the back of a hefty defeat by last Weeks Munster Final runners up Limerick. With Aidan Mangan with the whistle this could be an interesting encounter with commentary on Saturday Sport on RTE Radio 1. VERDICT:Waterford

5PM CUSACK PARK,MULLINGAR. WESTMEATH V DERRY.

After Westmeath being beaten by 2 points by a strong Louth side recently, they have it all to show against the Oak Leaf County on Saturday. The Derry side come on the back of a reasonable victory over Carlow but problems in the Derry camp with Paddy Bradley returning to the training with Derry after being dropped from the panel. Never the less Derry manager Damien Cassidy has bad news with Fergal Doherty unable to be in contention for a place in the first 15 with an injury that sees him out of action for at least 6 weeks. The Lake County holds only bad news in the camp sadly as Derek Heavin, whom suffered a terrible injury in the Louth encounter, is still in hospital with a dislocated knee that could damage his future playing career. Michael Duffy from Sligo makes the calls in Mullingar in this game. VERDICT:Derry.

6PM CROKE PARK, DUBLIN. DUBLIN V TIPPERARY LIVE ON TV3.

Dublin welcome the premier county to their backyard with John Evans men holding the tone that they have absolutely nothing to lose. Both sides are very youthful although Dublin boss Pat Gilroy called back a few veterans back into the set up he did not call back Jason Sherlock a long time player of the county. With Tipp delighted to be playing in Croker they shall also enjoy probably the best referee in the country, Pat McEnaney from Monaghan. VERDICT:Dublin

7PM NEWBRIDGE,KILDARE. KILDARE V LEITRIM.

Kildare come to the table on Saturday with a recent victory by 9 points over Antrim in a replay of the 1st round of the qualifiers and welcome Leitrim to the town which suffered a very emotional period 2 weeks ago with the death of dermot Earley Snr. His son, Dermot Earley Jnr. , should inspire the lilywhites to continue the flow of victories. Leitrim travel down to Newbridge after a defeat to Connaught Final contestants Roscommon. Referee for this one will be Cormac Reilly VERDICT: Kildare.

7 PM PAIRC ESLER,NEWRY. DOWN V LONGFORD.

Longford will travel up north after the recent amazing and suprising victory beating Mayo which led to John O'Mahoneys retirement from the management of Mayo. The home side who were bet in the Ulster Semi final by Tyrone by a margin of 4 points, go into Saturdays game with their Corner back Damian Rafferty has recovered from leg injury but James McCartan, Down Manager, has problems with defender Brendan McArdle doubtful due to a hamstring problem. Refereeing this encounter in Southern Down is Martin Higgins. VERDICT:Longford

HURLING

4PM CROKE PARK, DUBLIN. DUBLIN V CLARE. LIVE ON RTE

Dublin manager Anthony Daly has some desicion making to do with his corner forward, David Treacy who is hopeful to contest in Saturdays battle against the Clare side. Dublin come on the back of a strong defeat in the Leinster Semi Final by Kilkenny and have it all to play for in their back yard this weekend to show how this developing side can win in style. Clare boss Ger O loughlin will go head to head with good friend Anthony Daly in this encounter and O loughlin is hoping to have a full panel to select from although Nicky O Connell Brendan Bulger John Conlan and Jonathan Clancy are all slightly doubtful for this match. The referee for this promising encounter is John Sexton.VERDICT:Clare.

7pm O CONNOR PARK,TULLAMORE. OFFALY V LIMERICK

After Galway just about getting past Joe Dooleys side 2 weeks ago, Offaly have momentum to show the treaty county how the Faithful county have recovered from recent years of bad results. Limerick, whos games have been overshadowed by player strikes, come after being disappointingly beaten by Cork but Limerick boss will regain faithful travelling to Tullamore. Referee here will be James Owens from Wexford. VERDICT Offaly

SUNDAY 11TH JULY 2010

GAELIC FOOTBALL

2PM CROKE PARK,DUBLIN. MEATH V LOUTH. LIVE ON RTE

The wee county go into this game willing to give it all against the Royals and key players for Louth judge and lennon having the stuff to bring a victory home to Louth, lethal when one to one on goal. Meath wont be easy either for the Louth with Shane O rourke Caomhin King Brian Meade and captain Nigel Crawford, for meath who might be available for this game having recovered nearly from a back injury, all key players for the men of Meath. Should be an excellent game with louth last featuring in this Leinster Final a whole 50 years ago and a song has even been written in commemoration with the milestone of a game that all Wee county natives are looking forward to. Referee here is Martin Sludden. VERDICT :Meath

4PM BREWSTER PARK,FERMANAGH. FERMANAGH V ARMAGH

After a disappointing defeat to Monaghan by Fermanagh, the fermanagh men will be hoping to put it up to The orchard County. The Armagh team come on the back of an excellent victory by beating rivals Donegal. Both teams encountered Monaghan during their Ulster Championship Campaign and Fermanagh kept the scoreboard to a smaller margin than Armagh did. Never the less it shall be a good game with the referee being Derek Fahy for this one. VERDICT : Draw
4PM SEMPLE STADIUM,THURLES. WATERFORD V CORK. LIVE ON RTE

Cork manager Denis Walsh looks like he is fully prepared for a battle with the hurlers of the Deise and their Manager Davy Fitzgerald. He also regards this as a must win battle obviously and so too does Davy Fitzgerald who asked the County Board to postpone club fixtures. Davy also is weary of the uphill battle they face this Sunday and also he has a few injury worries but he is holding his cards close to his chest and wont reveal the identity of these injured players. Waterford come after satisfactorily beating Clare and Cork held their nerve to beat Tipp convincingly. Referee here is Johnny Ryan VERDICT Cork

Please give me feedback on how you find the above statements.

Yours in Sport

GM1996 Newspapers

Last edited by gaamad1996 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Empty Re: Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:36 pm

No verdict of Longford v Down.

More detailed analysis about main threats in each team. I think some of them were very basic especially the Armagh v Fermanagh one Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_twisted

Nice to see you are making th effort though GM.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Empty Re: Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers

Post  hurlingguru Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:38 pm

Jayus GM fair play to you. I would disagree with you on the Armagh Vs Fermanagh verdict. Keep up the good work.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:41 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:No verdict of Longford v Down.

More detailed analysis about main threats in each team. I think some of them were very basic especially the Armagh v Fermanagh one Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_twisted

Nice to see you are making th effort though GM.

Yes please forgive me it seemed a daunting task at first with the armagh fermanagh one very basic due to it being the last 1 on the cards and hunger pangs were nigh Laughing sorry about leaving out prediction will edit now

thanks hurling guru well both sides are good so if anything id actually fancy fermanagh more than armagh in this one

gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:46 pm

If what I just read on another forum is true im quite excited about the Armagh vs Fermanagh match.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:48 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:If what I just read on another forum is true im quite excited about the Armagh vs Fermanagh match.

yes it does seem like it shall be a good game
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Armagh by 6

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:05 pm

hurlingguru wrote:Armagh by 6

Hardly
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Fermanagh's performace against Monaghan was shocking. Armagh also we terrible against Monaghan in Casement Park but Armagh have proven themselves since that game. This is my reason for the prediction.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:14 pm

hurlingguru wrote:Fermanagh's performace against Monaghan was shocking. Armagh also we terrible against Monaghan in Casement Park but Armagh have proven themselves since that game. This is my reason for the prediction.

You do have evidence but in fairness fermanagh only lost to tyrone by 4
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:17 pm

gaamad1996 wrote:
hurlingguru wrote:Fermanagh's performace against Monaghan was shocking. Armagh also we terrible against Monaghan in Casement Park but Armagh have proven themselves since that game. This is my reason for the prediction.

Was that last year?

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:19 pm

hurlingguru wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:

Was that last year?

Oh god apologies my brain is mush that was down! My apologies....yes on revised thoughts that 6 point victory is possible but i stick by my guns
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Great post GM, hard to argue with you analysis on the Derry game although Derrys luck at the moment could see them lose to Westmeath and end Damian Cassidys rein (hopefully not though!!)

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:59 pm

bald eagle wrote:Great post GM, hard to argue with you analysis on the Derry game although Derrys luck at the moment could see them lose to Westmeath and end Damian Cassidys rein (hopefully not though!!)

yup yup ah no i can definitely see a win for the oak leaf county
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Only going to do a few games. The ones I have missed speak for themselves.

Galway
vs Wexford.

Wexford really impressed me against Dublin and considering last time they met Dublin slaughtered them it is hard to find where they are at. Have Dublin gone backwards or have Wexford gone forward?

Galway on the otherhand were lucky in the first game against Sligo and were unlucky in the replay. If my memory serves me correct it is also the first time ever that Joe Kernan has lost a replay. Meehan was a loss at the weekend and will be a loss against Wexford. Also Galway have home advantage so will expect them to win by 2.

Cork vs Cavan

Now Cork would be a team I would pay to watch. They have talent all over the field and were able to run Kerry close who are now in the last last 8. Cavan on the otherhand have the fight in them as the proved against Wicklow not too long ago. 13 players on the pitch and found themselves behind by a good few points and on top of that they were playing against a team managed by one of Ireland's most decorated managers and still won. Good news for Cavan is that Seanie is fit to play, but not even he can stop the rebels from winning at home. Cork to win by 7.

Westmeath vs Derry

Could Derry be saying au reviour to Cassidy this weekend? Would not think so. Westmeath would be unhappy about missing out on a final to Louth last weekend will have them fired up to prove their worth. Paddy Bradley is missing in the Derry team so it will be up to Eoin to take the scores. Westmeath aren't looking too good at the moment and Derry have a few injury concerns. If Westmeath can get Glennon and Dolan scoring Derry could be there for the taking. Going to go with a draw on this one.

Dublin vs Tipperary

Tipperary were impressive in their NFL campaign and would consider them unlucky yo have got relegated. Dublin however are looking in bad shape and were exposed against Meath big time. Dublin now have a point to prove and Tipperary will have to be wary of a backlash. Home advantage to Dublin on this one and would expect them to win although it would not be a shock if Tipperary knocked them out of the 2010 championship altogether.

Meath vs Louth

Well for the first time in over half a century the wee county are back contesting a Leinster final they have disposed of Kildare and Westmeath and looked very shaky at times against Westmeath and if Meath get off to a good start it's bye bye Louth.

Meath have been a pleasure to watch this year. Their defence was exposed twice by Offaly in their opening game of the championship they kept their cool and went on to win comfortably. Laois took them to a replay which Meath then went on to win. Against Dublin they made the whole country stand up and take notice of them. They're forwards were absolutely astounding. If Meath play like they did against Dublin I would expect a goal fest. Its hard to look beyond a Meath win and a comfortable one at that.

Fermanagh vs Armagh

Here is a game that I do not want to call. Fermanagh have previously showed that they are able to go toe to toe against Armagh and wouldn't expect anything different on Sunday. I have only seen Fermanagh breifly this year and that was against Monaghan. What was of concern is that they like to play a high dropping ball which is a huge problem for Armagh as Hearty has proved, he finds them difficult to handle.

Armagh however have found an ace in Jamie Clarke. He is a player that does no training and does what he wants on the field. If what I heard is true about Ronan Clarke Armagh's forward line is going to be extremerly diffuclt to handle. Also, Armagh now have a full compliment of players and would expect midfield to have Toner back and would add a much needed improvement from that against Donegal. Refuse to make a verdict on this game.

Last edited by GAA-Fan on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:32 pm

God very good GAA fan i shall be much better next week with lots of time on hand !
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:24 am

15 views god maybe i shouldnt do it at all Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_redface Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_sad Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_lol
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:20 am

Gaamad i wouldn't agree with you on the Dublin Tipp result..I would have Tipp for an away win..Unless you could give us a blessing that could swing it our way... Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Kopfschuettel
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:48 am

mullins wrote:Gaamad i wouldn't agree with you on the Dublin Tipp result..I would have Tipp for an away win..Unless you could give us a blessing that could swing it our way... Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Kopfschuettel

Tradition rules all mullins tradition.....Every year the county board of tipp ask their footballers have they half a dozen footballs ya ye's are grand sure....tradition has its final blessing to the Countys pride....

And so with my blessings that Dublin may hold a tradition of football in the county and that Ger Gilroy shalt bring the old preachers back into the squad,

GM1996
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:25 am

Fair plan GAAmad. A good post and a welcome addition to the site. Keep her lit!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:27 am

RMDrive wrote:Fair plan GAAmad. A good post and a welcome addition to the site. Keep her lit!

Thanks a million RMD! Very Happy
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:49 am

gaamad1996 wrote:15 views god maybe i shouldnt do it at all Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_redface Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_sad Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_lol

143 views and counting. 20 replies - well worth doing and a good job. Keep the blessings minimal and things will look up .... Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:57 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:15 views god maybe i shouldnt do it at all Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_redface Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_sad Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_lol

143 views and counting. 20 replies - well worth doing and a good job. Keep the blessings minimal and things will look up .... Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_lol

Riteo maybe god isnt always the answer.... Laughing Laughing
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:02 am

gaamad1996 wrote:Riteo maybe god isnt always the answer.... Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_lol Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_lol

No - god IS always the answer. He just doesn't need or like all the publicity .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:04 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:Riteo maybe god isnt always the answer.... Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_lol Tips and Fixtures for This weekends fixtures by GM1996 Newspapers Icon_lol

No - god IS always the answer. He just doesn't need or like all the publicity .....

Very very very wise words jayo,.....you have now finally converted me to no longer provide public blessings
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next