GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should these things be left on the field

+14
mullins
hurlingguru
patrique
scoopmine
SamiPremier08
Thomas Clarke
bocerty
clash-of-da-ash
Jayo Cluxton
mid-mon man
JimWexford
Grenvile
RMDrive
whiterbananas
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should these things be left on the field - Page 2 Empty Re: Should these things be left on the field

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:39 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:
In my opinion, you should be questioning your own actions as a sportsman rather than his.

Ah, the innocence of youth.

In fairness Sami, WB was willing to forgive and forget at the end of the game, but the other guy wasn't big enough to do the same.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Should these things be left on the field - Page 2 Empty Re: Should these things be left on the field

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:41 am

RMDrive wrote:I'm surprised no one has complimented WB on the acuracy of his spitting. To get it in his ear was no easy task. Well done.

Indeed RMD, and that after shipping a heavy challenge. Shows that WB is a difficult man to rattle.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:41 am

If someone spat at me I would EXPECTO-RANT about it ..... Should these things be left on the field - Page 2 Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Thanks for all the support lads, it is reassuring to know that there are still some decent people involved in the GAA. Because i must say this whole episode had me questioning the integrity of those now playing our games. It was most definitely the worst display of sportsmanship ive ever come across. To refuse to shake a fellow player's hand after a well-fought battle is just despicable. You have convinced me that maybe this was a once-off incident and i was just unlucky to come across this nasty character. Thanks lads, you have restored my faith
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo
Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post  drungrebel Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:15 pm

You should have spat in his face when he didnt shake your hand.

drungrebel
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan
Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:18 pm

whiterbananas wrote:Thanks for all the support lads, it is reassuring to know that there are still some decent people involved in the GAA. Because i must say this whole episode had me questioning the integrity of those now playing our games. It was most definitely the worst display of sportsmanship ive ever come across. To refuse to shake a fellow player's hand after a well-fought battle is just despicable. You have convinced me that maybe this was a once-off incident and i was just unlucky to come across this nasty character. Thanks lads, you have restored my faith

I think you are a nasty character.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:45 pm

RMDrive wrote:I'm surprised no one has complimented WB on the acuracy of his spitting. To get it in his ear was no easy task. Well done.

Its a pity Mayo weren't as accurate last saturday.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:32 am

Shocking post and symptomatic with all that is wrong with our games. Clearly a damning indication of the influence of foreign sports on our games and a decline in moral and ethical values through the generations. Once an attitude prevails that it is acceptable to spit at a player who is leaving the field I have grave fears for the future. Difficult to pinpoint what exactly has led to this decline – Is it a failure at grass roots level to instill the proper mental and ethical approach into our younger players or is it a wider society issue. There was a time that a spitting incident like this would not even have been thought about and a player would have the tactical sense and focus to retain this gob so it could be directed at a player still legitimately on the field. Spitting at a player who can no longer impact the game shows poor judgement of character and is wasteful. The only circumstance where it should be considered is if there was an upcoming replay or second leg and in that regard it may be appropriate to wind up the opposition in advance.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:34 pm

In light of the ongoing debate re. Donegal/Peter Harte, I thought that this classic thread was worth another look...
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:06 pm

How did i miss this 1st time round? Just brilliant!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2