GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is it time for antrim to be removed from the ushc?

+3
Jayo Cluxton
JimWexford
North Side Gael
7 posters

Go down

is it time for antrim to be removed from the ushc? Empty is it time for antrim to be removed from the ushc?

Post  North Side Gael Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:23 am

This is just a thought and i dont want the leinster hurling enthusiasts going nuts here, but with antrim holding there own this year in leinster and galway in the final id say the gaa will continue with the current format, however this leaves antrim still in ulster, should they maybe play ulster without antrim, i would also be in favour of connaught being played without galway and the winners/provincial finalists playing for an all ireland "B" medal, make the two championships invitational to teams in leinster or kerry if they dont get promoted to the Liam McCarthy. They could reward the winners with a liam mc carthy place the following year along with the christy ring champs as an incentive!

Would be an extra cup for them to win and the championships would be fairly similar standard, not looking for the normal response here "f**k off back to your own province" from leinster people this is simply a thought (keep in mind im in favour of moving the provincials back to earlier in the year with a round robin format replacing the current championship).

This is on the back of antrims 9th consecutive title won in excellent fashion yesterday exposing what looks like a massive gulf in class! Although i dont believe down showed how good they can be yesterday!

What do yous think? Hit me with it Jim my man! I know too many games etc but this is only an extra game on top of the one there playing already with only provincial finalists getting a second chance!

North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

is it time for antrim to be removed from the ushc? Empty Re: is it time for antrim to be removed from the ushc?

Post  North Side Gael Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:45 am

Just on this i feel it would be a great way to give recognition to the fact that these teams slog it out to win their province the same as in leinster or munster!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

is it time for antrim to be removed from the ushc? Empty Re: is it time for antrim to be removed from the ushc?

Post  JimWexford Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Agree with a lot of what you say, but as regards the "B" championship that has been superceeded with the introduction of the ring, Rackard and Meagher competitions, there is a promotion relegation with there, and now that Laois have finally landed in the position the top brass thought that they would be in last year I have a feling that they may well be relegated.
Can't see the benifit of a "B" championship with the championship in it's current guise, but then that's my opinion.
Galway barely "stumbled" over both Wexford and Offaly and the Biffos nearly beat them twice, so can't see the "great2 benifit they have brught to Leinster hurling.
KK are streets ahead and the rest of us are on a par-Gaklway included.
Antrim no disrepect won't have it all there own way against Carlow and may possibly stumbe but they aren'y out of place in leinster.
only gripe in Leinster is that 8 teams are taking part in it,m should be 4 quater finals and no-one into the semis.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:13 pm

Antrim welcome in Leinster. But the fact that they are also in the Ulster - and straight to the Final!! .. and have won 9 in a row is wrong - and insulting to the others.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Agree with most of your comments the idea would sort of be to give an extra place to the "weaker" teams is all and get the connaught championship up and running, start mixing the crc, nrc and lmc teams into a knockout comptetition to give them better experience and a chance to lift there game to a position which could get them into the liam mccarthy. This is not to the away from the crc, nrc or lmc if my own county wasnt playing next saturday id be in croke!

As for Antrim and Galway they have not set it alight your right but the gaa will look at gates especially next weeks final jim, hateful to see it that way and yes there should be no automatic place in the semis for anyone!

I know we wont get it our own way v carlow, to be honest i think we could have a smashing very tight match next week in belfast and im glad to see carlow up there, i sincerely hope they dont relegate laois, however i do hope they bring up kerry and westmeath the crc finalists regardless of the outcome because if anything carlow are a breathe of fresh air in the top tier!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:19 pm

This would lead the way to the two tier system which i believe is the way forward because if it will benefit antrim to play the top brass why would it not benefit fermanagh or longford to play the middle brass such as antrim, carlow, laois etc?
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:20 pm

merits for all you have said.
Unfortunately gate receipts rule our world wish the didn't but it is the same all over the globe.
Can see the Antrim/Carlow game been a cracker myself if the Carlow boys don't let it go to there heads (ie the occasion rather than the match). league game earlier on in the year will have no bearing here, but what will is Carlow's match against Laois.
Back to the point, I would be inclined to let Westmeath into Ulster and kick Antrim out.
Is there a need a for a connaught championship don't know as the gulf in class between Mayo and the rest is still quite large.
I do believe that Ring, Rackard and Meagher competitions are a step in the right direction
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:31 pm

I feel old.

I remember Roscommon beating Antrim at hurling.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Antrim dominating Ulster is destroying the game up there and its not doing Antrim any favours.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:58 pm

hurlingguru wrote:Antrim dominating Ulster is destroying the game up there and its not doing Antrim any favours.

exactly and sure what can we do about carlow......

I think antrim should have a gurannteed place in ulster final and if beaten the team that beats them be put into leinster the following year...

With his blessings,

GM1996
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:15 pm

gaamad1996 wrote:
hurlingguru wrote:Antrim dominating Ulster is destroying the game up there and its not doing Antrim any favours.

I think antrim should have a gurannteed place in ulster final and if beaten the team that beats them be put into leinster the following year...

With his blessings,

GM1996

What do you mean, we have held our own. Saturday will be a big test but we will go hell for leather.

I will admit that we have got easy draws. In Leinster we didn't get a big gun but when we will play them we more than likely will get hammered but that will be a learning kerp.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Antrim welcome in Leinster. But the fact that they are also in the Ulster - and straight to the Final!! .. and have won 9 in a row is wrong - and insulting to the others.

what he said.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:39 pm

hurlingguru wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:

With his blessings,

GM1996

What do you mean, we have held our own. Saturday will be a big test but we will go hell for leather.

I will admit that we have got easy draws. In Leinster we didn't get a big gun but when we will play them we more than likely will get hammered but that will be a learning kerp.

AH sure i was only having a joke hahaha I also think that teams like ya's should get teams of the same strength...all the GAA "members" were saying...typical we get tipperary when we could have got an easy side.....not only is it not good for wexford hurling but its terrible for viewers

With his blessings,

Gm1996
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down