GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland Part 2

+3
mossbags
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA-Fan
7 posters

Go down

All Ireland Part 2 Empty All Ireland Part 2

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:43 am

So who do you think at this stage will make the quarters, semi's and final going on performances so far?

Last 8:

Tyrone
Monaghan
Dublin
Cork
Galway
Kerry
Meath
Sligo

Last 4:

Monaghan
Dublin
Cork
Kerry

Last 2:

Cork
Kerry
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Part 2 Empty Re: All Ireland Part 2

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:35 pm

Well as I said at the start of the year, I'd be quite literally amazed if two Connaught counties made it to the last eight! The provincial winners will be there and thats all.

The other three provinces all have a similiar look to them. Meath, Kerry and Tyrone will be expected by many to chalk up easy wins, but the possibility for a shock in all three is certainly there.

Looking at the sixteen or whatever teams in Round 2 of the qualifiers, and trying to predict the four that will remain standing by Round 4 is tricky. I think the obvious one is Cork. Provided there's been no aftershock within the county after the Kerry game, then they really ought to be blowing everyone out of their way. I do think that Derry will turn it around, wishful thinking maybe. Same story with regards to Armagh, think they'll pick the teams off round by round now and find themselves in the last 12 fairly quick. And finally Dublin, bad and all as they are, look a step above a few of the teams left in there. There should be a reaction from the players after the Meath game.

I'll predict a last eight of:

Meath
Kerry
Tyrone
Sligo

Monaghan
Derry
Cork
Dublin
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:42 pm

My selection:

Meath
Sligo
Monaghan
Kerry

Tyrone
Cork
Galway
Tipp

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Galway
Monaghan
Meath
Limerick

Sligo
Kerry
Armagh
Tyrone
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:09 pm

In reality it will come down to three. Cork, Kerry and Tyrone. Leinster and Connacht are shocking poor and have been for a good few years now, this is clearly evident with a Meath-Louth final in the east and a probable Roscommon-Sligo final in the west. Loyal2theroyal is quite correct when he says its nearly impossible to see two teams from the west get to the quarter final stage.

I have a theory about Connachts decline. The Skinny latte drinking shirt lifting culture had spread from Galway to the other counties in Connacht during the Celtic tiger years this recession will be the great leveler This year may well see the dominance of the Ulster teams at the Quarter final stage. I believe Dublin are good enough to get a good run through the back door.

Tyrone
Louth
Kerry
Sligo

Dublin
Cork
Down
Armagh
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:58 am

Peter Solan the Great wrote:
I have a theory about Connachts decline. The Skinny latte drinking shirt lifting culture had spread from Galway to the other counties in Connacht during the Celtic tiger years this recession will be the great leveler This year may well see the dominance of the Ulster teams at the Quarter final stage.

I have a theory about Mayo.
Their crap
All Ireland Part 2 Laught16
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:10 am

mossbags wrote:I have a theory about Mayo.
Their crap

What about their crap???? All Ireland Part 2 Icon_scratch
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:17 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Their crap

It's having a seizure of some sort..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Their crap

I think what mossbags is trying to get at is that Mayo appear to be constipated (in a footballing sense) since the league final defeat to Cork.
Things don't seem to be running as freely as usual, and they seem to encounter serious blockages when trying to get the ball into the forwards, and the players seem unwilling to strain themselves to overcome these difficulties.
A managerial overhaul and a bit more fibre in the diets and things will be flowing smoothly for them in no time
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:40 pm

black&white wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Their crap

I think what mossbags is trying to get at is that Mayo appear to be constipated (in a footballing sense) since the league final defeat to Cork.
Things don't seem to be running as freely as usual, and they seem to encounter serious blockages when trying to get the ball into the forwards, and the players seem unwilling to strain themselves to overcome these difficulties.
A managerial overhaul and a bit more fibre in the diets and things will be flowing smoothly for them in no time

All Ireland Part 2 417703
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:37 pm

mossbags wrote:
I have a theory about Connachts decline. The Skinny latte drinking shirt lifting culture had spread from Galway to the other counties in Connacht during the Celtic tiger years this recession will be the great leveler This year may well see the dominance of the Ulster teams at the Quarter final stage.

Their crap

What would we do without neighbours like you. That was a very deep response. I will forward this e-mail onto the CB.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:32 pm

mossbags wrote:

Their crap

What would we do without neighbours like you. That was a very deep response. I will forward this e-mail onto the CB.

I think its all a bit rough-age ..................... All Ireland Part 2 Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down