GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annual Fodder Festival upon us......

+2
Jayo Cluxton
Boxtyeater
6 posters

Go down

Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Empty Annual Fodder Festival upon us......

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:32 pm

I was on the lake early this morning with another sage putting out a lock of eel-lines..Hard to beat the taste of fresh eel Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_biggrin

As we popped a few frogs onto the odd hook in between fat worms and slugs the sage catches my attention as follows:

Sage: The weathers' up Boxty, mark my words..
Boxty: How's that Sage, I didn't get the long-range forecast.
Sage: Feck the forecast Boxty, look at the colour of yon' frogs..
Boxty: Well, they're a nice light colour, even if they're scarce..
Sage: My point exactly Boxty, black looking frogs are hoors for bringing bad weather..I think I'll mow the lot the day..

Boxty went for the shed, warmed up the trusty '35 and proceeded to flatten his lot. Feck the sage if he's wrong, but the sight of him re-enacting my bold move has given me confidence. I'll turn it tomorrow and a quick spin again Saturday morning prior to enlisting the Crane tribe for the bit of stacking...
The male mini-Boxtys will be arriving en masse tomorrow week prior to the Championship and the ageing Capo plans a bit of rustic activity for them ahead of any festivities. Free help is better than "chape" help...
The square bale, while labour intensive, is your only man for handiness sake..
Ooohhh!!!The smell of new mown grass Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Herz Hope it keeps Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_flower with a gentle breeze...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Empty Re: Annual Fodder Festival upon us......

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Fodder's Day is not til June 20th in this neck of the woods Boxty .... Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_eek
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Empty Re: Annual Fodder Festival upon us......

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Leitrim's Day is not til June 20th in this neck of the woods Boxty .... Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_eek

Fixed... Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:25 pm

I helped bring in a load of bales last Summer, think it was early June, cut, turned and baled in 2-3 days, was still kind of green yet it was dry and light.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:28 pm

Speaking of festivals, the annual "Flat Lake Literary and Arts Festival" took place over the bank holiday weekend in Clones, some of the visitors and attractions included Shane McGowan, wee Barry, some showband or other, along with many other acts, while the main event was a duet featuring Crystal Swing and Lily Allen!Shocked Wasn't there thanks be to jesus, that lot have had enough exposure as it is.

An interesting story that arose of the festival, as Mr McGowan was on the way to Clones through Ballybay, he popped into a local pub to make use of the facilities and relieve himself, and probably fill the tank up again while he was at it no doubt. But the publican, not knowing who he was, threw him out on his ear thinking he was a gypsy going by his appearance! Razz
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:46 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:I helped bring in a load of bales last Summer, think it was early June, cut, turned and baled in 2-3 days, was still kind of green yet it was dry and light.

I was trying to do that as well. Next thing the boat ran aground. The Coast Guard appeared, customs, gardai ....... jeeze it was a complete mess ... Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_eek
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:50 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:I helped bring in a load of bales last Summer, think it was early June, cut, turned and baled in 2-3 days, was still kind of green yet it was dry and light.

I was trying to do that as well. Next thing the boat ran aground. The Coast Guard appeared, customs, gardai ....... jeeze it was a complete mess ... Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_eek

Yeah but you left your mates to carry the can- while you carry on like nothing has happend..Good stuff Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... 19213 Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... 19213
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:54 pm

mullins wrote:Yeah but you left your mates to carry the can- while you carry on like nothing has happend..Good stuff Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... 19213 Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... 19213

I bought no 4 wheel drives .......... Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:55 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mullins wrote:Yeah but you left your mates to carry the can- while you carry on like nothing has happend..Good stuff Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... 19213 Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... 19213

I bought no 4 wheel drives .......... Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_lol

I know nothing Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:46 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Fodder's Day causes confusion in this neck of the woods Boxty .... Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_eek

Fixed Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_twisted
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:20 pm

Plan for Saturday evening....Great day today and a firm sky out there....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:02 pm

Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Rain_accra_oct03
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Break for a coupla mugs a' tae......Baling completed, stacking in progress Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_biggrin Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_biggrin ....Breffni's bate I'm told....not good. Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_mad Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... Icon_mad
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Annual Fodder Festival upon us...... 2%2BHay%2B%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bsnow%2B1
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down