GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sligo V Mayo

+9
RMDrive
GAAGenious
mullins
Jayo Cluxton
mossbags
black&white
Boxtyeater
mid-mon man
rich dublin
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Empty Re: Sligo V Mayo

Post  mullins Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:26 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
mullins wrote:[Boxty i will stand over what i said Mayo will have to much for sligo..The Mayo panel looks very strong to me and should have a good year...As for supporters i think Dubs should know more than most they don't win you games...Well all will be revealed tomorrow Mayo+6

Not wishing to be contradictory here Mullins (BTW thanks for supporting RMD) but as the established weakest province in football in a generation, I don't think you're fully qualified to give such a self-opinionated view of this impending clash of main contenders as you have.....

Im sure mossy will be delighted to see you hanging on to his counties coat tail to establish a point.. Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Affraid
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:24 am

mullins wrote:[Im sure mossy will be delighted to see you hanging on to his counties coat tail to establish a point.. Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Affraid

I'm tiring of your posts mullins.....your wit Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Suspect , posting style Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Suspect , embracement of posts by fellow forumites and all round value to this forum Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Suspect , is, I feel, neglible.....

This is a Forum, not a vehicle for you to "spout on"...You haven't caught the jist of it (overly educated I'd say) ..so stick to where it suits you best...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Mayo will not loose this game, they will probably win a connaught title and end up in an all ireland semi final if not a final, not because they are a great team but simply because they can get the right results and over the last number of years over achieved and will continue to do so. The all ireland this year is a weak championship and is open enough for teams like Mayo, Cork, Dublin, Kerry, galway and even Down to win the bloody thing. Mayo have nothing to worry about after 50 minutes today and as i said before mayo to win by 5-7 points.
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo
Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:29 pm

GAAGenious wrote:Mayo will not loose this game, they will probably win a connaught title and end up in an all ireland semi final if not a final, not because they are a great team but simply because they can get the right results and over the last number of years over achieved and will continue to do so. The all ireland this year is a weak championship and is open enough for teams like Mayo, Cork, Dublin, Kerry, galway and even Down to win the bloody thing. Mayo have nothing to worry about after 50 minutes today and as i said before mayo to win by 5-7 points.

Has to be one of the most inaccurate posts I've ever had the mis-fortune of reading. Mayo over-achieve? Are you serious? For a start, what have they achieved?

What is there to suggest that any of the chasing teams have caught up with Kerry, Tyrone and Cork in the past six months? Its a three horse race. You can forget about teams like Down, Dublin, Galway and Mayo winning an All-Ireland this year. I can't wait to see your posts next week and how you will convince yourself that Laois will somehow beat Meath.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Kevin Walsh(aka the Messiah) will have the Silgeach's in fine shape for this. They wont lack for enthusiasm and endeavour but I for one cannot help but think that the nature of how the league final was lost will play into the hands of the genius that is John O Mahoney* and I expect a suitable responce from my beloved neighbours in Markievicz this evening.

*DaĆ­l Eireann obligations notwithstanding.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
GAAGenious wrote:Mayo will not loose this game, they will probably win a connaught title and end up in an all ireland semi final if not a final, not because they are a great team but simply because they can get the right results and over the last number of years over achieved and will continue to do so. The all ireland this year is a weak championship and is open enough for teams like Mayo, Cork, Dublin, Kerry, galway and even Down to win the bloody thing. Mayo have nothing to worry about after 50 minutes today and as i said before mayo to win by 5-7 points.

Has to be one of the most inaccurate posts I've ever had the mis-fortune of reading. Mayo over-achieve? Are you serious? For a start, what have they achieved?

What is there to suggest that any of the chasing teams have caught up with Kerry, Tyrone and Cork in the past six months? Its a three horse race. You can forget about teams like Down, Dublin, Galway and Mayo winning an All-Ireland this year. I can't wait to see your posts next week and how you will convince yourself that Laois will somehow beat Meath.

They have been in numerous all ireland finals where they shouldnt of been. Its a poor mayo team. kerry have lost players to retirment and kennelly is gone back to sydny swans, Tyrone have gone back to the same team again this year and are pushing on at this stage. Cork are similar to Mayos form in croke park they have to prove there worth this year. Im not saying the 3 above teams wont win it im just saying the All Ireland is a more open competition this year and IS NOT A 3 HORSE RACE. In terms of Laois and Meath we can talk about that next week but write them off at your peril.
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Two posts ago you say Mayo will end up in a semi-final with possibilities of a final. Now you're describing them as a poor team.

I think Mayo deservedly appeared in All-Ireland finals in 1996, 1997, 2004 and 2006 and in the latter three finals, played well below their form of those seasons. On the finals alone, they shouldn't have been there but as a whole season, their appearances in those games was probably justified.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Two posts ago you say Mayo will end up in a semi-final with possibilities of a final. Now you're describing them as a poor team.

I think Mayo deservedly appeared in All-Ireland finals in 1996, 1997, 2004 and 2006 and in the latter three finals, played well below their form of those seasons. On the finals alone, they shouldn't have been there but as a whole season, their appearances in those games was probably justified.

They are a poor team but the championship standard has been poor enough in fairness. in 06 they cheated against laois in the first quarter final and played smartly against dublin. the replay and that the game against dublin were there best 2 games in the year. The teams that fielded in 04 and 06 in MY OPINION over achieved in getting to the finals.
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:15 pm

Great stuff from Sligo. Real lack of heart and leadership from the Mayo men.
Freeman some talent
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Sligo 4 points up with 5 mins left - I can almost hear Loyal & Boxty sharpening their keyboards! Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_smile
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Fantastic stuff by Sligo, rarely have I been happier to been wrong! Fully deserved by the Yeats men.

Mayo once again flatter to deceive, early qualifier exit I predict.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:34 pm

Great performance by Sligo. Out-scored Mayo by 15 points to 6 after Mayo's initial burst.

Completely out-battled them, and Walsh out-thought O'Mahony. His switching of O'Hara back and forth from CHF to sweeper, depending on where the need was, was excellent, and Mayo looked totally confused.

I thought Mayo would win today, not because I thought they were good, but because I felt that they desperately needed to win if they were going to do anything this year. They were pathetic and, sadly for their fans, Mayo are years away from an all-ireland.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:11 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
mullins wrote:[Boxty i will stand over what i said Mayo will have to much for sligo..The Mayo panel looks very strong to me and should have a good year...As for supporters i think Dubs should know more than most they don't win you games...Well all will be revealed tomorrow Mayo+6

Not wishing to be contradictory here Mullins (BTW thanks for supporting RMD) but as the established weakest province in football in a generation, I don't think you're fully qualified to give such a self-opinionated view of this impending clash of main contenders as you have.....

Unless im mistaking this a Gaa forum for giving your opinions-As for coming from the weakest provience thats fine if you see that way......
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
mullins wrote:[Im sure mossy will be delighted to see you hanging on to his counties coat tail to establish a point.. Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Affraid

I'm tiring of your posts mullins.....your wit Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Suspect , posting style Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Suspect , embracement of posts by fellow forumites and all round value to this forum Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Suspect , is, I feel, neglible.....

This is a Forum, not a vehicle for you to "spout on"...You haven't caught the jist of it (overly educated I'd say) ..so stick to where it suits you best...
Where would that be boxty Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_arrow Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_arrow Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_arrow Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_arrow Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_arrow Maybe to the hill with the brothers?
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:49 pm

I was wrong and very disapointed to be. I think Laois is my only prospect for a good run this year and even that is unlikely although some good challenge results gives me hope !!
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:47 pm

GAAGenious wrote:I was wrong and very disapointed to be. I think Laois is my only prospect for a good run this year and even that is unlikely although some good challenge results gives me hope !!

You were well off the mark but at least your timing was right. I hope lessons have been learnt and that we won't hear any bold predictions about next Sunday.

Defensively, Sligo are one of the most organised sides about. Charlie Harrison and Ross Donavan are two of the game's greatest exponent of the tackle. Surprisingly, it was the midfielder Taylor who grabbed the headlines and in front of goal, the number eleven and fifteen were class.

I await the usual match report that followed all of Mayo's League games too.............. As a bunch of players, they have to have one of the worst attitudes that any sporting group or team has ever exhibited. Aidan O'Shea came on and his only contribution to the game was endless fouling, Mortimer kicked four or five easy shots wide and the midfield was terrible.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Sligo performed as I expected, all action style and a solid 15 man effort. Walshe outfoxed O'Mahoney on the line, though truth be told,O'Mahoney had no material to work with. Mayo were simply awful and won't improve either, given the poverty of their attitude and lack of punch as evidenced this evening. A few thundering runs from the bould O'Hara proved it all..

Sligo will be "hard bet" in the Connacht final...... Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_pale Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 Icon_pale
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Fair play to sligo
Held to their plan - hungry for the ball and had the balls to take their scores.
Costellos left foot point must have given him some satisfation, score of the year so far

Mayo were shocking in the second half - C Mortimer missed three points that an U-12 would score and his laughable volley attempt had a nail in the coffin of a career feel about it.

An even bigger disgrace was McGarrity. His off the ball stuff was womanly and he should have walked for not being able to throw a manly punch . The boos from the crowd suggest we did't see the half of it on TV. same goes for Trevor tried to stretcher a man and came off worse.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:42 am

Haven't yet seen this game but am faintly surprised albeit, far from shocked with the result. Sligo's graph since the Messiah took over reminds me a little of the Dublin hurlers under Daly, always heading in the right direction,big name, outside, youngish manager but still circumspect v the top tier of teams. Annoyingly for them, that remains the case as the dogs on the street know that Mayo are crap. JoM is finished there and FG can tick that seat off their next election campaign, hopefully for Mayo's sake the Mortimors will do the decent thing for once and head off into the sunset too.
Maith fear a Caoimh, Connacht SF shaping up to be the game of the year.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:44 am

Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 654413

fantablus result. shower of baxtarrds.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:47 am

Jonsmith wrote:Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 654413

See post on other thread with regard to realtionship between posts and timescale past 23.00 hours.

If its a case that you are an early riser and have just come back from a morning run over the top of Slieve Rushen - my humble apologies
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:16 pm

How quiet these Mayo's can be when it suits them
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:43 pm

mossbags wrote:

How quiet these Mayo's can be when it suits them

It is ironic alright Mossbags, not only did most their footballers go missing yesterday but now, the whereabouts of their posters is a mystery.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 10_1_116Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 10_1_130Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 10_1_123
Sligo V Mayo - Page 2 10_9_141
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:28 pm

OMAR wrote:Fair play to sligo
Held to their plan - hungry for the ball and had the balls to take their scores.
Costellos left foot point must have given him some satisfation, score of the year so far

Mayo were shocking in the second half - C Mortimer missed three points that an U-12 would score and his laughable volley attempt had a nail in the coffin of a career feel about it.

An even bigger disgrace was McGarrity. His off the ball stuff was womanly and he should have walked for not being able to throw a manly punch . The boos from the crowd suggest we did't see the half of it on TV. same goes for Trevor tried to stretcher a man and came off worse.

Charlie was sporting a lovely set of stitches above his eye last night. White seriously bottled the decision, two reds (and a yellow subsequently upgraded to red) last weekend in the hurling for similar hits, yet he still couldn't muster the balls to show a red. I really hope that Mortimer (who I normally have a lot of time for) gets taken to task over it.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next