GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pat McEnaney

+6
patrique
bocerty
OMAR
Grenvile
RMDrive
bald eagle
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pat McEnaney - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat McEnaney

Post  Boxtyeater Sat May 29, 2010 5:04 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:I have to say that I like McEnaney as a ref The public don't pay in to see McEnaney, Deegan, Fahy and how they perform, We're more interested in what goes on between the two opposing teams.

Mugsy on the button here.... Pat McEnaney - Page 2 19213
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat May 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:I have to say that I like McEnaney as a ref The public don't pay in to see McEnaney, Deegan, Fahy and how they perform, We're more interested in what goes on between the two opposing teams.

Mugsy on the button here.... Pat McEnaney - Page 2 19213

Then how come it was the most prominent thing i noticed then? And many others to boot! This man should be stood down from major matches until he shows he can referee to the standards!!

And Jonsmith, this is what the advantage rule was brought in for!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat May 29, 2010 7:06 pm

bald eagle wrote:[
Then how come it was the most prominent thing i noticed then? And many others to boot! This man should be stood down from major matches until he shows he can referee to the standards!!

And Jonsmith, this is what the advantage rule was brought in for!!!

Bald..I'm looking at this oul' game for 50 odd years and the best referee in my time looking at football has been McEneaney...
Lads know where they are at, what will pass or not and where they stand with regard to the ref....

If you are advocating "a ref to rule" style then I'm not with you.....

Could we live in a society where the rule of law applied to the letter....Doubtful Pat McEnaney - Page 2 Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat May 29, 2010 7:35 pm

Jonsmith wrote:RMD if a rule (for example) says that you may not touch a player while he bends to pick up the ball and you graze his side as he does so, the player is not thrown off balance or prejudiced by the contact in any way, but the rulebook states no contact is allowed on the player, do you think this should be a free or should the ref use common sense and let play continue?

I think that the rule book should be updated to something like this ...
"While a player is bending down to pick up the ball, any contact which throws the player off balance or which prejudices the play in any way shall result in a free. Incidental, light contact which does not interfere with the players ability to pick the ball does not constitute a free"

Poorly written but you know what I mean. Change the rules, don't let a refs interpretation be the deciding factor.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun May 30, 2010 6:59 pm

Boxty, i bow to your superior years in watching the GAA's sports and i do not advocate a "ref to rule" society as you suggest, just a society where all refs rule the same way! Surely you cannot appreciate how different referees will rule on games and use their "interpretation" and "common sense" to decide what is a foul?

This will continue to frustrate players and mentors who will be punished by the giving, and in some cases not giving of a foul due to a referee deciding to ref to his own rules! I'd love to hear you should your lads be on the end of referees interpretation of the rules and it cost's them the game!

Anyhow, RMD is with me and that's all that matters!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2