GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin GG News

+33
patsymc
Podger
bluearmy1
bald eagle
Parouisa
KerryKatriona
redhandman
hipster 2
Thomas Clarke
scoopmine
The Puke
jimbodub
bocerty
Real Kerry Fan
Royal_Girl2k9
Grenvile
black&white
whiterbananas
Floops
Omagh RedHand
Loyal2TheRoyal
mid-mon man
mossbags
OMAR
JimWexford
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
AdamG
RMDrive
Shinners
Jayo Cluxton
mugsys_barber
mullins
37 posters

Page 9 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

Dublin GG News - Page 9 Empty Re: Dublin GG News

Post  mullins Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mullins wrote:

That was the third goal! They were so busy bating O'Gara they forgot to defend!

Eoghan will take the pain for Dublins gain..These new Southsiders are getting tougher..

Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Dublin GG News - Page 9 Empty CCCC

Post  mullins Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:04 pm

The GAA’s Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC) have hit Kerry’s Marc O Se and Dublin’s Eoghan O’Gara with long bans following the recent Allianz National Leagur clash between the sides.

O Se has is understood to be facing a four-week suspension and O’Gara could be hit with an eight-week ban as a result of an incident between the pair in injury time at the end of the league game. Both players are seeking a meeting with the Central Hearings Committee in Croke Park next week.

The ban for O’Se would be a major blow to Kerry as the player had been showing excellent form at full back for the county in the early stages of the season. The kingdom have had plenty of issues with discipline in recent years and Barry John Keane has already been hit with a two month ban arising out of the league opener with Cork.

Dublin target man O’Gara, was one of the finds of the season for Pat Gilroy in 2010 and he will be anxious to have the player available as the blues march towards the league title. It would be a bitter blow to either camp where they to lose a player of such ability this early in the year
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:56 pm

But its ok for Cork defenders to kick the **** out of O'Gara ....... Rolling Eyes
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:07 am

I'm finding it hard to believe that Alan Brogan can't get his place in this team.

I remember a young Alan in his debut season alongside an unstoppable Ray Cosgrove, and he was destined for greatness back in those early days. Even, at the worst of times, from 2006-2009 when Dublin players were at their flakiest, Alan was always the one beacon of light. Remember the goal against Meath in 2005?

Hopefully, when Summer comes around it's Brogan on the forty.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:12 am

For me he has been very disappointing Loyal. Yes he shot out of the blocks and showed great promise - but has never delivered on that IMO - sorry mullins. He is a good player but could be so much better - but seems to lack a football brain. I saw BB and after 2 games I said he would be a 'real' star - much better than AB. Cos he has intelligence - and appears to listen to what is coached .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:27 am

I said, as recently as last October that Brogan the younger was not near the Gooch category. However having witnessed Dublin's first three League games and an O'Byrne Shield Final, I would have to re-assess that statement. He might not have the close control or speed of thought that Gooch / O'Neill possess / possessed, but for ability to get out in front, turn and shoot (and score) off left or right, I would probably put him in a bracket of his own. Not sure if there'll ever be another Maurice but a bracket below ain't bad. And something like seven goal assists in three games as well.

So yes, Bernard is better than Alan. And Alan has had passing issues in the years gone by but probably a combination of loose coaching and ineffective players to pass to allowed that habit to develop. However, if asked to name Dublin's best player since 2000, I would unhesitatingly nominate Alan Brogan.

Let's hope he gets to his best form, I watched him against Kerry and he looked short of his usual arrogance when in possession. A couple of decent games, a goal or two as well as the odd point would hopefully help him regain his exuberance.

I don't really see Dublin being stopped this year with Alan back to his best.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:45 am

If Alan came anything near his potential he could be awesome. Bernard is the real deal I think and I wouldn't be comparing him at this age to anyone - but the possibilities are endless - he is a joy to watch.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:For me he has been very disappointing Loyal. Yes he shot out of the blocks and showed great promise - but has never delivered on that IMO - sorry mullins. He is a good player but could be so much better - but seems to lack a football brain. I saw BB and after 2 games I said he would be a 'real' star - much better than AB. Cos he has intelligence - and appears to listen to what is coached .....

JC both brogans are so different its untrue-B Brogan is a playmaker and scorer from any part of the pitch-Alan plays is own game at times and i believe thats what Giller is working with him at the moment-I could never understand a player who goes for a score when somebody is better placed to tap it over..As you say they have different brains suppose that explains it-

I honestly believe if Dublin are to have a good year Alan will be the reason why..Time will tell

With O'Gara gone now this will give Paddy Andrews/Dermot Connolly a big chance to stake a place in the Full Forward line- i don't believe either will bring as much to that line as O'Gara ....
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:13 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:he is a joy to watch.

I agree. I could watch him all day.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:01 am

Very good win in O'Connor Park. Saw most on TV. Shane Dooley missed a hatful he'd put over with his eyes shut normally. Sending off looked very harsh but then Durkin was booked just before after taking a belt to the head which seemed a strange one to me ..... Might not get relegated now though!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Is Dublin v Down a Saturday night game ?
Haven't been to croker yet under lights

2nd of April has a nice Midway between Paddys day and easter look about it in terms of trying to organise a soiree and overnighter for a few of the disapra as some R&R from the mundanity of N,N&N - Nappies, Negative Equity and Not tonight.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:24 pm

OMAR wrote:Is Dublin v Down a Saturday night game ?
Haven't been to croker yet under lights

2nd of April has a nice Midway between Paddys day and easter look about it in terms of trying to organise a soiree and overnighter for a few of the disapra as some R&R from the mundanity of N,N&N - Nappies, Negative Equity and Not tonight.

It is indeed with Dubs and Kilkenny in the hurling before it if I'm not mistaken. Post exam blowout scheduled for said weekend which might take in a trip to Croker. Flannery's and Coppers on your itinerary also? Laughing

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Aye should be a good night - Down will bring plenty of support so the atmosphere should be good.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:25 pm

GAELIC GAMES: DUBLIN’S EOGHAN O’Gara has accepted the eight-week suspension proposed by the Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC). The punishment arose from the league match against Kerry last Saturday week when O’Gara was deemed on video review to have struck opponent Marc Ó Sé with his head during a scuffle at the end of the match.

The CCCC also proposed a four-week ban for Ó Sé, but the Kerry defender is believed to have exercised his right to a hearing whereas O’Gara hasn’t. The Central Hearings Committee is expected to take that case tomorrow night.

It is a setback for O’Gara, who has been settling in well at full forward for Dublin during the team’s 100 per cent start to the league campaign. The suspension means he will lose valuable game time for the rest of the campaign, as he will be available again only on the weekend of the league final, should Dublin reach that stage

Can't work out why DCB didn't appeal this decision crazy stuff 8 weeks for fook all..

But yet O'Shea feels he should appeal.. Twisted Evil
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:58 pm

mullins wrote:GAELIC GAMES: DUBLIN’S EOGHAN O’Gara has accepted the eight-week suspension proposed by the Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC). The punishment arose from the league match against Kerry last Saturday week when O’Gara was deemed on video review to have struck opponent Marc Ó Sé with his head during a scuffle at the end of the match.

The CCCC also proposed a four-week ban for Ó Sé, but the Kerry defender is believed to have exercised his right to a hearing whereas O’Gara hasn’t. The Central Hearings Committee is expected to take that case tomorrow night.

It is a setback for O’Gara, who has been settling in well at full forward for Dublin during the team’s 100 per cent start to the league campaign. The suspension means he will lose valuable game time for the rest of the campaign, as he will be available again only on the weekend of the league final, should Dublin reach that stage

Can't work out why DCB didn't appeal this decision crazy stuff 8 weeks for fook all..

But yet O'Shea feels he should appeal.. Twisted Evil

didnt see the incident Mullins so i cant comment - but what i do wonder is why the CCCC have chose to take action in this instance when they didnt with the Ricey incident and the Dublin Cork game were O'Gara was getting a fair bit of abuse from two Cork defenders in the lead up to the third goal.

They cant pick and chose which incidents and who to punish and who not to. That said O'Gara should know by now he is a marked man and he will have to look at controlling the temperament in the face of extreme provocation
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:29 pm

O'Gara will have to learn to keep the head methinks....

It's rather surprising that there hasn't been an appreciation to the late Tom Loftus RIP, former Co.Board chairman and indeed, if I'm not mistaken, a former chairman of the Leinster Council from some of the Dublin supporters here, but I suppose the focus is firmly on the future. Not that the recent past has a lot going for it... Razz
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:34 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:O'Gara will have to learn to keep the head methinks....

It's rather surprising that there hasn't been an appreciation to the late Tom Loftus RIP, former Co.Board chairman and indeed, if I'm not mistaken, a former chairman of the Leinster Council from some of the Dublin supporters here, but I suppose the focus is firmly on the future. Not that the recent past has a lot going for it... Razz

Sad to hear of the passing of Tom Loftus RIP..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Dublin have made four changes, due to a combination of injury and suspension, to their team to face Monaghan in Sunday’s Allianz NFL Division 1 (2.30) from the side which defeated Kerry last time out.
Darren Daly, Ross O’Carroll, both making first league start, and Ger Brennan come into the defence with Michael Darragh Macauley indirectly replacing the suspended Eoghan O’Gara (eight weeks) in the attack.
With O’Gara ruled out Diarmuid Connolly will start at full-forward and Macauley’s comes in at wing-forward.

DUBLIN (SF v Monaghan)
1. Stephen Cluxton
2. Daren Daly
3. Seán Murray
4. Ross O’Carroll
5. Paul Casey (Captain)
6. Ger Brennan
7. Declan Lally
8. Denis Bastick
9. Barry Cahill
10. Paul Flynn
11. Kevin McManamon
12. Michael Darragh Macauley
13. Tomás Quinn
14. Diarmuid Connolly
15. Bernard Brogan
Subs: Will be announced before the game.

MONAGHAN (SF v Dublin) - M Keogh; K Duffy, Darren Hughes, C Walshe; V Corey, D Mone, David Hughes; D Clerkin, O Lennon; N McAdam, M Downey, J Turley; C McGuinness, P Finlay, C McManus.

Injury list:
James McCarthy injured shoulder ligaments last weekend in a club game and will be out for a few weeks.
Cian O’Sullivan’s hamstring injury has proved more troublesome than first though and he will be out for a month. He also sustained a broken arm in a fall but the recovery period for that injury should coincide with his hamstring recovery period.
Alan Hubbard has been ill and was not considered to start this game.
Ross McConnell will be unavailable for at least three more weeks after his recovery from a hip injury.
Eamon Fennell has a similar injury and is also about three weeks away from training fully.
James Brogan tore his cruciate in a recent club game and will be out for the 2011 season.
Paul Conlon’s injury reacted to his recovery programme and his return has been set back by a few weeks.
Kevin Nolan needs two weeks recovery after playing through some minor niggles with club and college.
Hugh Gill resumed non-contact training on Tuesday of this week.
Nicky Devereux has returned to full training.
Paul Griffin has resumed full training this week with us but will require a few games with his club before he’s ready for action with Dublin..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:36 pm

An injury-hit Dublin senior hurling camp have been unable to name a team ahead of Sunday’s Allianz NHL Division 1 trip to face Wexford in Wexford Park (2.30).
Ruairí Trainor last only a few minutes on his return to training on Thursday night while Ryan O’Dwyer hobbled out of action before the finish.
Conal Keaney did not train owing to flu while David O’Callaghan could only manage a light session after suffering from the flu recently – which ruled him out of last Sunday’s victory over Offaly in Tullamore.
Earlier this week Maurice O’Brien was ruled out while Declan O’Dwyer will be sidelined for four weeks after suffering a hamstring injury.
Wexford manager Colm Bonnar rings the changes ahead of the weekend. Out go Michael Jacob, David Redmond, Colm Farrell and Éanna Martin. In their place comes Brendan Hobbs to wing-back and Brendan Doyle to midfield where he is joined by Harry Kehoe. Eoin Quigley, now playing his club hurling with Sarsfields of Cork, makes his first league start of 2011 at centre-forward and Rory Jacob has recovered from injury to take his place at corner-forward.
WEXFORD (SH v Dublin) - Noel Carton; Paul Roche, Matthew O’Hanlon, Ciarán Kenny; Lar Prendergast, Daren Stamp, Brendan Hobbs; Harry Kehoe, Brendan Doyle; Tomás Waters, Eoin Quigley, Stephen Banville; Rory Jacob, Garrett Sinnott, Jim Berr
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:34 pm

mullins wrote:Dublin have made four changes, due to a combination of injury and suspension, to their team to face Monaghan in Sunday’s Allianz NFL Division 1 (2.30) from the side which defeated Kerry last time out.
Darren Daly, Ross O’Carroll, both making first league start, and Ger Brennan come into the defence with Michael Darragh Macauley indirectly replacing the suspended Eoghan O’Gara (eight weeks) in the attack.
With O’Gara ruled out Diarmuid Connolly will start at full-forward and Macauley’s comes in at wing-forward.

That subs bench looks quare lightweight Mullins, you must be hoping the chosed 15 hold up....
If Monaghan could win a bitta ball at midfield their full forward line could go to town...Lucky for you Vinny Corey isn't selected at 14 for them.. affraid

The Farney men could derail your lofty ambitions here, be careful with your money..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:27 am

Dear oh Dear....While the Monaghan management must rue their tactical naivety, this Dublin team should win Sam in September...

There's simply nothing out there to beat them......resilient, tenacious, scoring forwards, dramatic substitutions, big panel and...Ger Brennan in a starting jersey. affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:03 am

Top of Division 1 cheers ..oh ... and in football too! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:14 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Top of Division 1 cheers ..oh ... and in football too! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Indeed strong burst in the second half driven by the Brogans - seven points on the bounce -
Certainly a committed affair all round - Concern for Dublin will be is the level of intensity which could be said to be verging on indiscipline ?

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:23 am

OMAR wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Top of Division 1 cheers ..oh ... and in football too! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Indeed strong burst in the second half driven by the Brogans - seven points on the bounce -
Certainly a committed affair all round - Concern for Dublin will be is the level of intensity which could be said to be verging on indiscipline ?

Tbh OMAR I thought the refereeing was pretty poor. Refs are giving yellow cards for soccer offences. Connolly's yellows were very harsh I thought and some of the other yellows were laughable. He also gave us a couple of decisions late in the game that were a joke.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 am

Sam and Liam in O'Connell Street in September. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star