GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Night Fever

2 posters

Go down

Saturday Night Fever Empty Saturday Night Fever

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun May 16, 2010 12:11 am

Just watching one of the classic movies of all time - Saturday Night Fever. A brilliant Bee Gees-heavy soundtrack with Yvonne Elliman, Tavares and Walter Murphy's Fifth of Beethoven too - superb dancing by Travolta - some hammy acting but a movie that shaped a generation.

This was the movie that made dancing cool for guys. A million Travolta dance-alikes sprung up (not me - I find it difficult to walk!). Disco became the thing! In a fairly depressed and repressed Ireland - disco was king. Coloured lights, dance music and nightclubs became the order of the day.

Have a look at it if you haven't. It never fails to make me watch!! Tony Manero - some guy!

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Saturday Night Fever Empty Re: Saturday Night Fever

Post  mossbags Sun May 16, 2010 3:45 am

The dancing is his escape from his otherwise ***** life living in downtown Brooklyn and one of the movies great strengths is that it doesn't shy away from the real tough issues facing youth's trying to find their way like drugs, rape,broken families,gangs, suicide not to mention shitty jobs and even worse girlfriends. When you throw all this into the mix along with the music and the dancing you really do come out with one of the greatest movies ever made.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down