GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Kielt

+5
patrique
Boxtyeater
bald eagle
mullins
Loyal2TheRoyal
9 posters

Go down

James Kielt Empty James Kielt

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:50 pm

The next Maurice Fitzgerald.

Its interesting that DC has named him in midfield this weekend, exactly where the big man from Cahirciveen started out when he was Kielt's age. The best kicker of a football, O'Neills or otherwise, was Maurice but Kielt has an almost effortless left peg as well. Similarity in striking is ...... well .. striking. Admittedly, Maurice was equally capable off left or right and I'm not sure Kielt is that comfortable off his right yet. But he's still an u21.

Wonder how he'll perform this weekend in his new role? Its highly likely that he's been moved around all sorts of positions to find the necessary cohesion in the Derry forward line, just like Maurice once was.

Thoughts?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

James Kielt Empty Re: James Kielt

Post  mullins Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:53 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:The next Maurice Fitzgerald.

Its interesting that DC has named him in midfield this weekend, exactly where the big man from Cahirciveen started out when he was Kielt's age. The best kicker of a football, O'Neills or otherwise, was Maurice but Kielt has an almost effortless left peg as well. Similarity in striking is ...... well .. striking. Admittedly, Maurice was equally capable off left or right and I'm not sure Kielt is that comfortable off his right yet. But he's still an u21.

Wonder how he'll perform this weekend in his new role? Its highly likely that he's been moved around all sorts of positions to find the necessary cohesion in the Derry forward line, just like Maurice once was.

Thoughts?

Some man for 1 man-He has everything im sure he will deliver Sam to Derry one day..I like him as a player
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm

If he doesn't end up in Australia first mullins, the scouts are sniffing and there's a strong chance he'll be an AFL rookie next year.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Former Derry posters reckoned he has no intention of going to Australia. And such is the high esteem I held that posters opinion in, I'd like to think Nixon will never get his hands on this one.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 pm

I'd like to think that too Loyal, however if he really didn't want to go then why did he attend the trials last week? Can't say i'd blame him if he followed our last export.

Sometimes even the greatst posters get it wrong!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 am

For you Loyal......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:52 am

And another one.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:49 am

Another for luck!!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:55 am

The Top Shot.....

Loyal...I'll find a grow up class = school eventually
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:34 am

Boxtyeater wrote:

The Top Shot.....

Loyal...I'll find a grow up class = school eventually

I love Kenny Rogers myself! He will be in concert in Dublin in June, and I'm thinking of getting tickets for Mam as her birthday is falling on St. Patrick's Day! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:23 am

Waste of time starting a thread outside the Non GAA forum.

Everything else descends into chit-chat.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:30 pm

most definitely a very talented footballer with a very reliable left peg though it appears the right one is only for standing on which is a bit of a handicap for an inter county footballer.

Midfield is a strange place for him as the crowd around midfield could see him getting lost for large parts of the game. Wouldn't compare him to Fitzgerald just yet, but he is certainly heading in the right direction. Though the same could have been said about Paddy Bradley and he appears to have hit a point were he is almost going backwards.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:59 pm

bocerty wrote:most definitely a very talented footballer with a very reliable left peg though it appears the right one is only for standing on which is a bit of a handicap for an inter county footballer.

Midfield is a strange place for him as the crowd around midfield could see him getting lost for large parts of the game. Wouldn't compare him to Fitzgerald just yet, but he is certainly heading in the right direction. Though the same could have been said about Paddy Bradley and he appears to have hit a point were he is almost going backwards.

Agreed Boc, Paddy Bradley hasn't been consistant for Derry for almost 2 years. While on his day he is devastating, he hasn't had a day like that for a long long time. I think that Kielt is a better player mentally than PB and doesn't let an early miss, or poor early form in a game, hamper him for the whole game, unlike PB. I still think he's for oz, and if he goes i hope he comes back like Tohill!!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:06 pm

I saw Kielt play against Tyrone earlier this week. Most people at the game thought he had a quiet enough game. He did score 5 frees but missed a bag full of chances from open play. I still think he is a fantastic talent all the same and as a Tyrone man would be glad to see him going down to Oz for about ten years James Kielt Icon_tongue
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Aye he is class alright, Still young 21 I'm led to believe, Plenty of potential in this kid. You never know we could have a Sam by the end of this Decade. Roll up roll up James Kielt Fresse
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:06 pm

[quote="up.the.oak.trees"]Aye he is class alright, Still young 21 I'm led to believe, Plenty of potential in this kid. You never know we could have a Sam by the end of this Decade. Roll up roll up James Kielt Fresse[/quo

graveyards and pubs are full of guys with potential with all due respect - Kielt is now a marked man and will be singled out for special attention - how he deals with that could ultimately decide how he progresses. Cassidy and the older guys on the Derry panel have a job to do protecting him and keeping his feet on the ground.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:28 pm

[quote="bocerty"]
up.the.oak.trees wrote:Aye he is class alright, Still young 21 I'm led to believe, Plenty of potential in this kid. You never know we could have a Sam by the end of this Decade. Roll up roll up James Kielt Fresse[/quo

graveyards and pubs are full of guys with potential with all due respect - Kielt is now a marked man and will be singled out for special attention - how he deals with that could ultimately decide how he progresses. Cassidy and the older guys on the Derry panel have a job to do protecting him and keeping his feet on the ground.

Cassidy didn't do a great job keeping the Ballinderry men away from him last year Boc James Kielt Icon_lol
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:34 pm

[quote="mugsys_barber"]
bocerty wrote:
up.the.oak.trees wrote:Aye he is class alright, Still young 21 I'm led to believe, Plenty of potential in this kid. You never know we could have a Sam by the end of this Decade. Roll up roll up James Kielt Fresse[/quo

Cassidy didn't do a great job keeping the Ballinderry men away from him last year Boc James Kielt Icon_lol

thats true Mugsy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:49 pm

[quote="bocerty"]
mugsys_barber wrote:
bocerty wrote:

thats true Mugsy James Kielt Icon_biggrin James Kielt Icon_biggrin James Kielt Icon_biggrin James Kielt Icon_biggrin

Aye well thats right, But it wasn't during a intercounty game was it? I think it was a club game James Kielt Alien
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Aye but sure if his fellow countymen do that to him imagine what lads from other counties will do!

He's a big talent no doubt but as has been said he's now a marked man and he's still young and inexperienced, it'll be interesting to see how he gets on this summer. If Derry do win anything in the near future no doubt he'll have a big hand in it, that is unless he heads down under.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:42 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Aye but sure if his fellow countymen do that to him imagine what lads from other counties will do!

Actually mid-mon-man technically the Ballinderry men involved were from a different county James Kielt Icon_cool

But enough of this carry-on. He's a great talent and It would be nice to see him head to Oz for a good number of years as I don't think we'll have too many who could mark him at the minute
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:44 am

It wouldnt be nice to see him head to Oz Surprised
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:55 am

up.the.oak.trees wrote:It wouldnt be nice to see him head to Oz Surprised

If it has the same effect as it did on Tohill then I'd say most Derry folk wouldn't mind him going over for a year or two!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Aye aye thats correct James Kielt Icon_razz But James might not come home
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees