GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are things looking up for Antrim?

+3
North Side Gael
Jayo Cluxton
GAA-Fan
7 posters

Go down

Are things looking up for Antrim? Empty Are things looking up for Antrim?

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Ulster final last year.
All Ireland Club final this year.
Unbeaten in league so far this year.

They are slowly becoming one of the top tier teams and to be honest it is about time. It is only the National league but there is now a hunger developing in this team. Liam Bradley is getting the team into shape, they are winning games without the St Galls players, so surely when they come back they are going to be a team that everyone is going to be wary of in the Championship.

Ulster is going to be interesting this year.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Are things looking up for Antrim? Empty Re: Are things looking up for Antrim?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:29 am

Agree - a lot of people can't fathom Antrim as a force... Jayo reckons with 3 Antrim tips out of three that they are a very good side! Very Happy
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:11 am

As an antrim man i will agree however i feel we are a work in progress and patience is still the name of the game for the saffron army. We face many tough tasks ahead, altho i feel baker is putting the preparation in place in order for us to be able to handle them!

The next couple of weeks will be tough enought with offaly and roscommon away!

But yes agree were making our way towards the top tier but there will be set backs along the way.

I must also mention my disappointment in fermanagh as the son of a fermanagh man i feel as much for them as i do my own but they really need to look back at the last twelve months and see where it went wrong!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:15 pm

Up Antrim, I love that wee team Smile
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:46 pm

I can remember when we were really looking good, but MAYBE the troubles set us back.

They have improved certainly, but Antrim being Antrim, the return of the St Gall's players could be the start of the downfall.

You must remember antrim underachieved for years because of inter club rivalry.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:54 am

Ho can things be looking up for Antrim? I've been informed by Patrique for years that they are the most successfull county in Ulster, surely it would be a better thread to say things are looking up for Tyrone with all their recent success! Laughing

Antrim have been doing brilliantly under Baker Bradley in the football, i'm keeping a keen eye on them this year as i want to see how they cope with the expectation they will now find themselves under. Will they prosper or will they implode like Fermanagh do every year after they do well?

I think Baker is too strong a character to let that happen, but then i've thought that about manys a manager! I think that this Antrim side will want to break into the uncomfortable world of being thought of as serious players and if i know Baker he'll not let them slide back into the comfort of being an average team.

As for Ulster being interesting this year? I wish i was so sure!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:12 pm

Bottom three teams in Division 1 are all Ulster ... top 3 in Division 2 are all Ulster. Interesting.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:13 pm

i think Niall Conway deserves a mention here - quite often the trainer/coach is forgotten about when a team is doing well.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:15 pm

bocerty wrote:i think Niall Conway deserves a mention here - quite often the trainer/coach is forgotten about when a team is doing well.

Please see my comments on the recently dug up thread Congratulations Donegal for my views on Conway boc! He's easily the best young coach in Ireland, if not the best coach in Ireland!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:16 pm

bald eagle wrote:
bocerty wrote:i think Niall Conway deserves a mention here - quite often the trainer/coach is forgotten about when a team is doing well.

Please see my comments on the recently dug up thread Congratulations Donegal for my views on Conway boc! He's easily the best young coach in Ireland, if not the best coach in Ireland!

i wouldnt claim to know much about him BE but everywhere he has went he has had success - with the Rock club in Tyrone Derry minors and now Antrim.

I would love to take a year out of work and travel the country watching these coaches in action - surely there should be development squads for aspiring coaches like myself.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down