GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 things to do before I die .......

+17
Real Kerry Fan
JOLearysgloves
Rupp
old98!
black&white
RMDrive
patrique
Swinford2009
GAA-Fan
Boxtyeater
Shinners
JimWexford
bocerty
sportstime
rich dublin
bald eagle
Jayo Cluxton
21 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

5 things to do before I die ....... Empty 5 things to do before I die .......

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:52 pm

1. See Dublin win a senior All Ireland – any All Ireland.

2. Attend a Munster Hurling final in Semple – preferrably Cork v Tipp.

3. See U2 Live in concert – maybe even Croker too!

4. Attend a must win Munster Heineken Cup game in Thomond – preferably against English opposition.

5. Write a book…..
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

5 things to do before I die ....... Empty Re: 5 things to do before I die .......

Post  bald eagle Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:1. See Dublin win a senior All Ireland – any All Ireland.

4. Attend a must win Munster Heineken Cup game in Thomond – preferably against English opposition.

5. Write a book…..about how great Ulster Football is.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

5 things to do before I die ....... Empty Re: 5 things to do before I die .......

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:06 pm

Who's gonna buy a book with 2 pages???????? scratch
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:1. See Dublin win a senior All Ireland – any All Ireland. All a question of how old you are!!!

2. Attend a Munster Hurling final in Semple – preferrably Cork v Tipp. easily done but can a dub find his way once he has left newlans cross?????

3. See U2 Live in concert – maybe even Croker too! i will be there this year for the 3 concerts!!!!!

4. Attend a must win Munster Heineken Cup game in Thomond – preferably against English opposition. im not sure but i think down there if your not 8 foot tall and speak with a deap cul accent and eat dubs for dinner you will not be able to attend

5. Write a book…..
title suggestion for you would be " to win just once?" a dubs blue book, "gangs apart2 a detailed look into a north dubs battle with, crime drugs, vilolance and looking after his 6 brothers and sisters and his own little 3 year old daughter on his own from the age of 14!!!!
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:16 pm

[quote="Jayo Cluxton"]

[/quote]

What an *****. What is the fascination with Munster? Thomond is a kip of a stadoum from what I hear anyway, wouldn't be seen dead in it. Hopefully, Leicester or Wasps come over next year and beat Munster out of Thomond Park.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:16 pm

rich dublin wrote:5. Write a book…..
title suggestion for you would be " to win just once?" a dubs blue book, "gangs apart2 a detailed look into a north dubs battle with, crime drugs, vilolance and looking after his 6 brothers and sisters and his own little 3 year old daughter on his own from the age of 14!!!![/quote]

So where did you get hold of my draft script? Suspect
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
rich dublin wrote:5. Write a book…..
title suggestion for you would be " to win just once?" a dubs blue book, "gangs apart2 a detailed look into a north dubs battle with, crime drugs, vilolance and looking after his 6 brothers and sisters and his own little 3 year old daughter on his own from the age of 14!!!!

So where did you get hold of my draft script? Suspect[/quote]

well lets be honest hear its an easy generalisation to make!!!!! now i would not be venturing to the north side myself very often for fear of contamination but as im driving along the north keys i do see ye lot sticking yer bleached heads out from the alley ways, so it is easy enough to make an educated guess as to the family back-ground!!! Razz Twisted Evil
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  sportstime Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:25 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:1. See Dublin win a senior All Ireland – any All Ireland.

5. Write a book…..

Done all except write the book but working on it !!
sportstime
sportstime
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:26 pm

on a different note my top 5 would be

1. to see sligo win an all ireland( will be played in lourdes ofcourse seeing as it would be a miracle)

2. to climb mount everestt!!!! starting next year first kilamanjaro then beyond!!!

3. to run a marathon under 3 hours!!!!

4. to knock out conor mortimor, i hate him

5. to do a ultra marathon in each of the worlds continents

so there is mine easy enough really Razz Razz Razz
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:[quote="Jayo Cluxton"]

What an *****. What is the fascination with Munster? Thomond is a kip of a stadoum from what I hear anyway, wouldn't be seen dead in it. Hopefully, Leicester or Wasps come over next year and beat Munster out of Thomond Park.[/quote]

Loyal - your use of the word idiot against posters on this board pi55e5 me off. Its more in keeping with other forums. Gobdaw, looney or head the ball are acceptable - idiot (which I am clearly NOT) is not acceptable. Ok?

Yours thoroughly unimpressedly

JC ....... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:39 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Who's gonna buy a book with 2 pages???????? scratch

Well i know you struggle with writing and it's brave of you to admit it. Could someone on here ghost write it for you?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:43 pm

No its not. Anyone who would list seeing a Munster match in Thomond Park as one of their top five life-long ambitions can't be the full whack particularly when its a Leinster person saying it. I fail to understand this obsession with Munster but its gone to a point where I hope all the English teams will murder - not literally - them in a game some day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:43 pm

bald eagle wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Who's gonna buy a book with 2 pages???????? scratch

Well i know you struggle with writing and it's brave of you to admit it. Could someone on here ghost write it for you?

I might ask Loyal - he has a way with words (sometimes! Evil or Very Mad ) and is a big fan .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:46 pm

1) Beat Meath in an All-Ireland final - biggest problem would be actually getting Meath there in the first place the result would be a formality for Tyrone.

2) Beat Dublin in an All-ireland final by 1 point - the final point would be controversial as the ball would be picked off the ground illegally and put over the bar in the 4th minute of injury time when there is only supposed to be 3 minutes.

3) Do a round the world trip.

4) win the lottery

5) meet all the guys and girls of GT in the flesh.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:No its not. Anyone who would list seeing a Munster match in Thomond Park as one of their top five life-long ambitions can't be the full whack particularly when its a Leinster person saying it. I fail to understand this obsession with Munster but its gone to a point where I hope all the English teams will murder - not literally - them in a game some day.

You are a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma .......

Sorry but your sports loves leave me cold most of the time (US sport and you slag me admiring Munster - and you a fan of Clare!) - horse fetish etc. Each to their own. Personal insults aren't called for and are unacceptable.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:08 pm

bocerty wrote:1) Beat Meath in an All-Ireland final - biggest problem would be actually getting Meath there in the first place the result would be a formality for Tyrone.

2) Beat Dublin in an All-ireland final by 1 point - the final point would be controversial as the ball would be picked off the ground illegally and put over the bar in the 4th minute of injury time when there is only supposed to be 3 minutes.

3) Do a round the world trip.

4) win the lottery

The boys can keep there clothes on if you don't mind
but i'I go along with all the rest except for 1 I would substitute Kerry
for 2 substitute Kilkenny
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  sportstime Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:15 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:[quote="Jayo Cluxton"]

What an *****. What is the fascination with Munster? Thomond is a kip of a stadoum from what I hear anyway, wouldn't be seen dead in it. Hopefully, Leicester or Wasps come over next year and beat Munster out of Thomond Park.[/quote]

That will be hard considering Wasps aren't even in the HC and Leicester are in a different group to Munster.
sportstime
sportstime
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:13 pm

bocerty wrote:

Is that what you're after Boc????

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:29 pm

5 things to do before I die, hmmmm haven't really thought that far ahead but 5 things I would like to do before I'm 30 are:
1. Learn to drive
2. Go to NYC
3. Stop smoking completely (still have the odd one when I'm having a few jars)
4. Get my Masters
5. Find out what exactly a f**king tracker mortgage is Razz

Last edited by Shinners on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:42 pm

[quote="Jayo Cluxton]

[/quote]

A Junior Boxty has 2 or 3 spare tickets for the Friday night gig - Lower Cusack I think.
Face value to anyone who wants them.
Now Jayo, that's No. 3 sorted.
About the book........ Very Happy
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:47 pm

1. Watch Armagh win their 2nd All Ireland. (No smart arse jokes, they will be removed Razz )

2. Complete my degree and then go onto completing my phd.

3. Learn how to play guitar

4. Visit the following countries; Japan, Sweden, Germany, Russia, USA and County Cork.

=5. Do a tour of Rock festivals all over the world.

=5. Buy a 5th Generation Ford Mustang.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:51 pm

1. See Mayo win just ONE All-Ireland. Don't care who its against!

2. Win county senior championship

3. Live in NYC for at least a year

4. Visit Australia, New Zealand and South Africa( preferrably during a RWC or Lions tour)

5. Get a Masters in journalism and start writing about GAA for one of the big papers!
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:53 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:[quote="Jayo Cluxton]

A Junior Boxty has 2 or 3 spare tickets for the Friday night gig - Lower Cusack I think.
Face value to anyone who wants them.
Now Jayo, that's No. 3 sorted.
About the book........ Very Happy[/quote]

Boxty What is the face value - and if I only took 2 would that be a prob?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:15 am

Some people are very boring. See U2? Get a masters/degree? Learn to drive?

Talk about living on the edge.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:16 am

What's yours - pick a winner? Twisted Evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next