GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galvin gets 8 weeks

+7
Grenvile
Jayo Cluxton
Loyal2TheRoyal
Real Kerry Fan
bocerty
Dougal
KerryKatriona
11 posters

Go down

Galvin gets 8 weeks Empty Galvin gets 8 weeks

Post  KerryKatriona Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Paul Galvin gets an 8 week ban. Very harsh it would seem. Some here would have you believe that he gets off lightly and that the Ulster counties are scapegoated. Clearly not the case. Blinkers off.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Galvin gets 8 weeks Empty Re: Galvin gets 8 weeks

Post  Dougal Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:52 pm

what was his punishment the week before?
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:54 pm

about time that pup was taught a lesson - good to see they've thrown the duster sorry i mean book at him................

Last edited by bocerty on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:05 pm

KerryKatriona wrote:Paul Galvin gets an 8 week ban. Very harsh it would seem. Some here would have you believe that he gets off lightly and that the Ulster counties are scapegoated. Clearly not the case. Blinkers off.

As Paul Galvin got a straight red for wrestling and not throwing a punch I will be keeping a close eye on all matches from now on to see if they same punishment is dished out for similar incidents. Galvin gets 8 weeks Icon_cyclops
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:25 pm

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:33 pm

It seems very harsh to me but aside from the harshness of the card last Sunday I think the ban is connected to his red v Cork last summer.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:04 pm

If our referees could manage the same consistency as Galvin reaches with his red cards vs Cork discipline wouldn't be a problem.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:12 pm

Jonsmith wrote:If our referees could manage the same consistency as Galvin reaches with his red cards vs Cork discipline wouldn't be a problem.

They seem to be consistent in only one matter. ie Paul Galvin has to get a red card, seems to be enshrined in the rulebook.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:If our referees could manage the same consistency as Galvin reaches with his red cards vs Cork discipline wouldn't be a problem.

They seem to be consistent in only one matter. ie Paul Galvin has to get a red card, seems to be enshrined in the rulebook.

If they'd get a chance to read it without him slapping it out of their hands..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Thats if they go by the book Galvin gets 8 weeks Icon_biggrin
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:00 pm

Its a wee bit harsh to get 8 weeks, It wasn't really a bad incident, Ive seen far worse at games sunny
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:53 pm

I saw it for the first time this morning and from what could be seen from the TV footage there wasn't a lot in it. There's talk that there was an elbow throw before that though.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:17 pm

from what i have seen very harsh is he been targeted

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:47 pm

based on what i saw Galvin can count himself unlucky - and i think he may be a victim of the furore kicked up by Mickey Harte - this is the problem with the GAA and their disciplinary system - there are many times when the time does not fit the crime. Look at Tommy Freeman last year he got two months for an attempted headbutt, Miskella gets a yellow for a punch to the head and Kennelly gets a yellow for a shoulder to the jaw.

Galvin is being prostituted by the CCCC who are using a big name to set an example and attempt to pacify Harte
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Mickey Harte really does my head in with all his moaning. A great manager no doubt but feck me does he ever stop whinging? I am sick of this arguement, if you're caught doing something take you punishment and have done with it. This school boy shite of pointing to what someone else has done in an attempt to justify his own players actions is out of line.

Bocerty, you reckon Galvins red card is an attempt to quieten Harte? Well i did not see the Galvin incident (but knowing him he was probably up to no good anyway). If what you say is the case and its to prove a point that it is not a witch hunt against Tyrone then Harte and Tyrone people should be happy. They have got what they want (ie other people punished).

Funny how Harte does not moan when he uses video evidence to get players absolved from red cards. ( something players and managers of non televised games cannot use, like the Kildare guy who was sent off against Laois a few weeks ago, apparently everyone in the ground knew he did nothing).

Harte should just get on with it, take the rough with the smooth.

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:29 pm

bocerty wrote:based on what i saw Galvin can count himself unlucky - and i think he may be a victim of the furore kicked up by Mickey Harte - this is the problem with the GAA and their disciplinary system - there are many times when the time does not fit the crime. Look at Tommy Freeman last year he got two months for an attempted headbutt, Miskella gets a yellow for a punch to the head and Kennelly gets a yellow for a shoulder to the jaw.

Galvin is being prostituted by the CCCC who are using a big name to set an example and attempt to pacify Harte

What's your view on Mickey Harte constantly being in the media Boc? I think everyone on here know's what i think of him both as a person and a manager but i think he's becoming the Arsene Wenger of the GAA!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:39 pm

So was the 8 weeks suspension the same as someone getting a suspended sentence in court? Breaking his probation his probation in a CCCC sense?

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:32 pm

samin10 wrote:Mickey Harte really does my head in with all his moaning. A great manager no doubt but feck me does he ever stop whinging? I am sick of this arguement, if you're caught doing something take you punishment and have done with it. This school boy shite of pointing to what someone else has done in an attempt to justify his own players actions is out of line.

Bocerty, you reckon Galvins red card is an attempt to quieten Harte? Well i did not see the Galvin incident (but knowing him he was probably up to no good anyway). If what you say is the case and its to prove a point that it is not a witch hunt against Tyrone then Harte and Tyrone people should be happy. They have got what they want (ie other people punished).

Funny how Harte does not moan when he uses video evidence to get players absolved from red cards. ( something players and managers of non televised games cannot use, like the Kildare guy who was sent off against Laois a few weeks ago, apparently everyone in the ground knew he did nothing).

Harte should just get on with it, take the rough with the smooth.

samin its only my personal opinion - Galvin wrestled the guy to the ground now what went on before may have been serious, the cameras didnt catch it - i thought the incident the week before were he grappled with the ref was much more serious but it wasnt mentioned - it may be part fo the reason for the 8 weeks but i doubt it.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:34 pm

bald eagle wrote:
bocerty wrote:based on what i saw Galvin can count himself unlucky - and i think he may be a victim of the furore kicked up by Mickey Harte - this is the problem with the GAA and their disciplinary system - there are many times when the time does not fit the crime. Look at Tommy Freeman last year he got two months for an attempted headbutt, Miskella gets a yellow for a punch to the head and Kennelly gets a yellow for a shoulder to the jaw.

What's your view on Mickey Harte constantly being in the media Boc? I think everyone on here know's what i think of him both as a person and a manager but i think he's becoming the Arsene Wenger of the GAA!

it can be a bit nauseous at times - but as i said on here before i spoke with Mickey over Christmas and he is convinced of an anti-ulster bias within Croke Park
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 pm

bocerty wrote:based on what i saw Galvin can count himself unlucky .......................... Galvin is being prostituted by the CCCC who are
using a big name to set an example and attempt to pacify Harte

Jeeze - I'm going for a lie down ......... Galvin gets 8 weeks Icon_razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bocerty wrote:based on what i saw Galvin can count himself unlucky .......................... Galvin is being prostituted by the CCCC who are
using a big name to set an example and attempt to pacify Harte

Jeeze - I'm going for a lie down ......... Galvin gets 8 weeks Icon_razz

Was it something i said??????????????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:18 pm

bocerty wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

it can be a bit nauseous at times - but as i said on here before i spoke with Mickey over Christmas and he is convinced of an anti-ulster bias within Croke Park

i typed the last post in a hurry - but i menat to add that i dont necessarily agree with the anti ulster bias - the Ulster dominance of the noughties ( Twisted Evil ) swelled the coffers of the GAA big time so i dont see why they would want to force a hidden agenda which would discriminate against us nordies.

All i would ask for is fair play for everyone - the CCCC cant nit pick through video evidence and hand down suspensions willy nilly - it has to be seen to be a transparent process which is consistent and commands the respect of the county teams en masse. In fairness i think thats all Mickey is looking for as well.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:27 am

Whilst i can understand Mickeys frustrations i think it is ridiculous to suggest that every game be videoed and viewed. The reality is that high profile teams are going to get more attention. Meath and Armagh played a few ago on live tv. Two supposedly physical teams (not one of the ball incident highlighted or one suspension arising from the game). Armagh have played many games on live tv and to be honest i cant remember one player getting in trouble because of something being caught on camera that the ref had missed. I think its a very childish arguement from Mickey to be honest. If your caught doing something take your punishment if someone else does the same thing elsewhere and gets away with it do not moan about it. I can see his point to an extent but i think its very petty. I notice Tyrone are bottom of the fair play league, maybe he should try and sort out the discipline problem rather than moaning about being caught

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Story lads - anyone have a link to YouTube to the incident?
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down