GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 weeks to Christmas - gulp!

+4
bocerty
KerryKatriona
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
8 posters

Go down

4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Empty 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp!

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:30 pm

This time 4 weeks the lads on here will be sat back in comfy chairs, full of drink and turkey, listening to the sound of activity in the kitchen as the ladies finish the tidy up and make the turkey sangwiches for the tae when the card session kicks off later on!

Kids will finally get their hands on the Scalectrix or the train set as Dad has now tired of it. Those with Xmas Eve hangovers will now be getting their second wind and considering going at the whiskey again. 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Drunken_smilie Mothers will look at the unwanted presents - make-up, woolly jumpers. Fathers will look at the unwanted presents - aftershave, woolly cardigans and socks. Sons and daughters will look at unwanted presents - hankies, more socks and Clearasil (for the students!)

On the telly some will settle down to watch the Queen's speech they recorded earlier - or Top of the Pops as Gums McGowan belts out the Fairytale of NY. Or they will catch the start of ET/Superman/Sound of Music. Later on they will look forward to the Christmas Special of their favourite sitcom which will prove to be a huge disappointment. Or tune into their favourite soap where Christmases will be spent in the Queen Vic or the Rovers and will be ruined by divorce/murder/fire/affairs/ etc etc.

And its only four weeks away! 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Affraid Are ye ready??
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Empty Re: 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp!

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:35 pm

got a whole load of exams first No
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:43 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:got a whole load of exams first No

If you need any grinds Sami just let me know.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:44 pm

KerryKatriona wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:got a whole load of exams first No

If you need any grinds Sami just let me know.

any what now?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:15 pm

only difference is JC the rest of us lads will be sat in the comfort of our own houses, god knows were you will be, some soup kitchen somewhere in Ballymun sucking the bones of the leftover turkey whilst i will be nibbling at a juicy breast or a tender thigh.

I'll be thinking of ye mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as stuffing - imagine that! When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.

1 Turkey
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup of uncooked popcorn
Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 220c.

Brush the turkey well with melted butter, salt and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end towards the back of the oven. Listen to the popping sounds.

When the turkey's arse blows the oven door open and the turkey flies across the room, it is done.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:38 pm

bocerty wrote:only difference is JC the rest of us lads will be sat in the comfort of our own houses, god knows were you will be, some soup kitchen somewhere in Ballymun sucking the bones of the leftover turkey whilst i will be nibbling at a juicy breast or a tender thigh.

I'll be thinking of ye mate 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_biggrin 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_biggrin 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_biggrin 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_biggrin 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_biggrin 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_biggrin 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_biggrin 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_biggrin 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_biggrin

Small pain
4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Bickett%2520Agnes%2520House%2520Wreck%2520JPG

huge gain ......

4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! 44415

4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_cheers
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:39 pm

where did you get that bottom picture of my house from Jayo?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:58 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:where did you get that bottom picture of my house from Jayo?

Don't be codding - this is the picture of you at home that you have on your facebook ....
4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Slum_survivor_0210_470x352
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:17 pm

bocerty wrote:only difference is JC the rest of us lads will be sat in the comfort of our own houses, god knows were you will be, some soup kitchen somewhere in Ballymun sucking the bones of the leftover turkey whilst i will be nibbling at a juicy breast or a tender thigh.

I'll be thinking of ye mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jesus Bocerty did you have to tell us all of your Christmas plans....for shame...delete or expand on this post. FFS Sami's only 16
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:03 pm

From a different forum last year:
Boxtyeater is now too long settled into old habits to change although the numbers attending are rising annualy.This year the adults number 11 and un-confirmed others who may yet attend.
3 cars required for Mass, enabling the male attendees imbibe a few creamy ones pre lunch. Mrs.B (an excellent cook) will assume captaincy at this stage, assisted by the female contingent, while Junior B is organising a keg Of Heineken for evening proceedings (Friendly publicans here).
Grub kicks off around 3 bells, the usual turkey,ham,pud fare finished off with French brandies/Irish coffees.The eating of at least 3 sprouts is however mandatory.
Boxtyeater will then set off with grandchildren for some bracing air and upon return, with them exhausted, will find the gaff in tip-top order.
Guys(5)now join battle in the poker stakes €50 per head with a max time of 2 hours or winner takes all.With 3 accomplished musicians on hand the evening then degenerates into a raucous sing-song culminating as ever around 12 bells with my demand for "that feckin'Roxy music CD" (over-ruled last year)now that I recall.
Proceedings tend to wrap-up around the 2 mark as "mummer", or as you say wren-boy, duties beckon the next day.
Enjoy your day folks and remember the best Xmas gift is the health to get to the next one.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:13 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

Jesus Bocerty did you have to tell us all of your Christmas plans....for shame...delete or expand on this post. FFS Sami's only 16

'tis the legal age is it not...
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:From a different forum last year:

Boxtyeater is now too long settled into old habits to change although the numbers attending are rising annualy.This year the adults number 11 and un-confirmed others who may yet attend.
3 cars required for Mass, enabling the male attendees imbibe a few creamy ones pre lunch. Mrs.B (an excellent cook) will assume captaincy at this stage, assisted by the female contingent, while Junior B is organising a keg Of Heineken for evening proceedings (Friendly publicans here).
Grub kicks off around 3 bells, the usual turkey,ham,pud fare finished off with French brandies/Irish coffees.The eating of at least 3 sprouts is however mandatory.
Boxtyeater will then set off with grandchildren for some bracing air and upon return, with them exhausted, will find the gaff in tip-top order.
Guys(5)now join battle in the poker stakes €50 per head with a max time of 2 hours or winner takes all.With 3 accomplished musicians on hand the evening then degenerates into a raucous sing-song culminating as ever around 12 bells with my demand for "that feckin'Roxy music CD" (over-ruled last year)now that I recall.
Proceedings tend to wrap-up around the 2 mark as "mummer", or as you say wren-boy, duties beckon the next day.
Enjoy your day folks and remember the best Xmas gift is the health to get to the next one.

sounds like a great day to be had in the Boxty household - any chance of an invite, i cant cook too well or sing or play music but i'll wash the dishes and see to the cattle the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:02 am

[quote="bocerty"[sounds like a great day to be had in the Boxty household - any chance of an invite, i cant cook too well or sing or play music but i'll wash the dishes and see to the cattle the next day!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Full house Boc and Junior 1 has the agricultural duties on St.Stephen's Day (although he, no doubt, will appear around the 6 mark wherever we are then with tales of hardship). Boxty and Juniors 2 and 3 are away with the Mummers for a full 15 hour shift. Sunday mightn't alter greatly either, apart from serious consumption of Paracetamol......

'Twill be my last year on that feckin Wren...(first threatened around 2002)..'Tis a great oul' finale at our own HQ..much happy 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Drunken_smilie heads and €5-7k raised on the day....Itinerary of the day later when final cuts (venues) are decided...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:00 am

Don't forget Charlie and the chocolate factory.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:22 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Don't forget Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Clash lad, I've never, ever bought into television. I was reared (brought up if you like) with radio and I love it...It allows your mind to encapsulate/envision scenarios that television destroy...I can recall my late, great, father getting me out of bed for Dealany's Gold in 1956 and for 35/40 years my vision was of a side-splitting burst for Gold, when 'twas in the bag from 40yds.
Fantasy, more than often, exceeds reality...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:36 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:where did you get that bottom picture of my house from Jayo?

Were you over in Wolverhampton for the picture on top?

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:04 am

Class post old man - remember it well!! Strikes me that we should run an ad - why do you log on to GT? - cos they play the best music .... er publish the best posts ..
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:53 pm

A bitéén of good news from the Leitrim area. For many moons, the male members of the Boxty clan, amongst others, were granted refuge in the hospitality of The Abbey Bar for a few post-Mass libations, courtesy of the late owner Nealie Lennon.
Sadly, Nealie is imbibing his Christmas bottle high in the clouds this year and hence the ancient custom was "tottering on the precipice" so to speak.
Boxtyeater, this evening, has had a word or two with the present tenant, (A local and popular lad) who likes to be referred to as "Friend" and the subject of this ancient practise came up, under the heading of "Final Wren-Boy Arrangements".

Boxtyeater is pleased to confirm that this fine and noble tradition will be maintained for 2009 and into the future.
The Junior Boxty's, including the "soccerball" expert of a son-in-law, were well impressed with the old man's sense of history and tradition, as were the select number of attendees from previous decades.
The War Office was singularly unimpressed...to the point of 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_mad but my late father would have, I feel, admired my sense of history and the fact that I shouldered the responsibility for maintaining long held rural customs.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:45 am

Rent Boy4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Biggrin4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Biggrin
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Be off outa here Corncrake..... 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_wink 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Icon_wink 4 weeks to Christmas - gulp! Affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:08 pm

liking the new Christmas-y GT banner Very Happy
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down