GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sami do you know how to play a movie on a wii your my best guess here

5 posters

Go down

Sami do you know how to play a movie on a wii your my best guess here Empty Sami do you know how to play a movie on a wii your my best guess here

Post  JimWexford Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:16 pm

come on Sami pull this out of the fire for me
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Sami do you know how to play a movie on a wii your my best guess here Empty Re: Sami do you know how to play a movie on a wii your my best guess here

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:19 pm

JimWexford wrote:come on Sami pull this out of the fire for me

have you downloaded it? what format is it in?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Sami do you know how to play a movie on a wii your my best guess here Empty Re: Sami do you know how to play a movie on a wii your my best guess here

Post  JimWexford Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:23 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:

Have all the star wars in avi format have tries converting with the wii video 9 but to no avail.
Vids will play no problem on laptop with either videolan or wins player
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:24 pm

it's looks quite complicated to do Jim. You need a movie in a special type of format that the Wii will support. You have to do this by converting a dvd or downloaded film into said format using a so-called 'wii movie converter' (you have to download this from the web). You then have to put the converted file onto an SD card and put it in the wii's photo slot.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:25 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:

"A loose ball around the 21, Jim swoops.............green flag goes up in Wexford Park and the Yellowbellies fight once more"

Tom Dempsey the master opportunist strikes again......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:27 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:it's looks quite complicated to do Jim. You need a movie in a special type of format that the Wii will support. You have to do this by converting a dvd or downloaded film into said format using a so-called 'wii movie converter' (you have to download this from the web). You then have to put the converted file onto an SD card and put it in the wii's photo slot.

done all that looking like i am going to lose the feckin laptop to junior as he wants to see feckin Star wars and I don't have them on dvd but as avi files
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:

"A loose ball around the 21, Jim swoops.............green flag goes up in Wexford Park and the Yellowbellies fight once more"

Tom Dempsey the master opportunist strikes again......
Happy days in 96 against limerick
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Sami do you know how to play a movie on a wii your my best guess here 19213
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:30 pm

JimWexford wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:it's looks quite complicated to do Jim. You need a movie in a special type of format that the Wii will support. You have to do this by converting a dvd or downloaded film into said format using a so-called 'wii movie converter' (you have to download this from the web). You then have to put the converted file onto an SD card and put it in the wii's photo slot.

done all that looking like i am going to lose the feckin laptop to junior as he wants to see feckin Star wars and I don't have them on dvd but as avi files

well you could try linking up the laptop to the tv. play the movie while you stay on the web and let him watch star wars on the telly.

why the heck would anyone in their right mind want to watch star wars anyway?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:34 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
JimWexford wrote:

well you could try linking up the laptop to the tv. play the movie while you stay on the web and let him watch star wars on the telly.

why the heck would anyone in their right mind want to watch star wars anyway?
Hes 6 and he into that, he also like that soccerball thing as well so your correct feck all hoope for him
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:37 pm

JimWexford wrote:Happy days in 96 against limerick

Yerrah! the 90's were mighty for the game......Wexford and Clare reach the summit, Cavan revisit the glory days, Donegal and Derry grasp the Holy Grail, not to forget Down's double and lowly Leitrim bridge a 67 year hunger!!!!
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
JimWexford wrote:Happy days in 96 against limerick

Yerrah! the 90's were mighty for the game......Wexford and Clare reach the summit, Cavan revisit the glory days, Donegal and Derry grasp the Holy Grail, not to forget Down's double and lowly Leitrim bridge a 67 year hunger!!!!

Clare did it in football as well in 92 only to be "cheated" by a dodgy goal
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:02 pm

[quote="JimWexford"]Clare did it in football as well in 92 only to be "cheated" by a dodgy goal[/quote]

Hardly ever was there a truer word upon t'internet.......De Duds again...€€€talks and you know the rest....A genuine oul' team, Tom Morrisey, Clancy, Daly et al.....Would have horsed Donegal in Croker......Cue howls from Tír Chonaill...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Howl. Ther was nothing or no one stopping the men from Tír Conaill that year. Read Sam's for the Hill for a glimpse into a team that wasn't going to be denied.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Jim convert the avi file to dvd format and burn it onto dvd problem sorted
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:25 pm

RMDrive wrote:Howl. Ther was nothing or no one stopping the men from Tír Conaill that year. Read Sam's for the Hill for a glimpse into a team that wasn't going to be denied.

Clare would'a bate yis'....In his era/time Tom Morrissey would have cleaned out Molloy and the rest of yis' around m/f..
While the "Féar Beag" was a superb leader/dictator/orchestrator (up with Joyce P), deprived of flowing ball he was compromised...Saying all that...Donegal's man on the day should have been Joyce McMullan....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:33 pm

bocerty wrote:Jim convert the avi file to dvd format and burn it onto dvd problem sorted
no shops sell them ole dvd discs close to me so that was why I was trying to be tech savy and show off to kids. another thing i have failed them in that they will no doubt remind me of in days/months/years to come
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:36 pm

JimWexford wrote:
bocerty wrote:Jim convert the avi file to dvd format and burn it onto dvd problem sorted
no shops sell them ole dvd discs close to me so that was why I was trying to be tech savy and show off to kids. another thing i have failed them in that they will no doubt remind me of in days/months/years to come

could you not convert it dvd and then copy it to a memory card and whack it into the Wii - interestingly enough Jim a guy gave me instructions the other day for hacking the wii so you can play copied games on it - if your interested let me know - while i use the word hacking i dont think this is actually illegal
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:54 pm

JimWexford wrote:

Jim, I don't doubt but I'm giving you 30 odd years here...These are idea(s.ls) that we all have... Sami do you know how to play a movie on a wii your my best guess here Icon_pale ..
This topic surfaces around Christmastime here, when Junior1 shows one of the Junior 2's "That's where the Bossman was going to build "The Bale Skyscraper".....Children....Magnificent.. Sami do you know how to play a movie on a wii your my best guess here Icon_biggrin Curious, imaginative, clever....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down